What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan officially signs a 4 year deal with the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Rocket Rod

Juniors
In the telecrap today it quoted "Dragons matchwinner Josh Dugan" can anyone recall where Dugan won matches for us.
He won us one against the Panthers last year although it was Widdop's short kick off that created it and one against Newcastle in 2013 when he scored 2 individual tries.
I think that's it

getsmarty

Immortal
He won us one against the Panthers last year although it was Widdop's short kick off that created it and one against Newcastle in 2013 when he scored 2 individual tries.
I think that's it

In all honesty I don't want to bag Duges. Good luck to him and its time to move on. Club made a decision on where the future lies and I'm happy with that.

Geeze it gets confusing when there is a Dragonslayer (Dragons supporter) and a Dragon Slayer (Shark Supporter). partucularly when they say "we"

Old Timer

Coach
Just a Q.....why do we need to sign anyone?
The answer is that some people have no vision of creating anything so therefore someone on the outside is infinitely better than someone already on the inside.
As much as people profess "give the juniors a go" many will find some way to think that someone else's pie eaters are better to have at the club than any junior.
God only knows we have had plenty of pie eaters oops sorry "depth" players in recent times.

sethman75

Juniors
See ya Duges.

You were decent for us but you're not irreplaceable.

Plus we really can't afford to pay $1 million dollars to a player that is out injured for half of every season.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
The answer is that some people have no vision of creating anything so therefore someone on the outside is infinitely better than someone already on the inside.
As much as people profess "give the juniors a go" many will find some way to think that someone else's pie eaters are better to have at the club than any junior.
God only knows we have had plenty of pie eaters oops sorry "depth" players in recent times.
Yes its getting to the point OT that most of our young juniors will never see 1st grade and for some if their any good will be snapped up by other clubs because they just cant/don't get a go...not in every case but its getting worse.....bit off topic but spoke to some of my friends and relies in the UK recently when Chelsea were playing Spurs in the FA cup semi and mentioned that when I looked at both teams line up I couldn't pronounce one name...in other words all those poor home grown juniors in these respective clubs that have and are busting their arses will never see the top grade..different code I know but basically the same outcome

Old Timer

Coach
I think that's it
How many games did he win you ask?
I would dare say that his kick return yardage had plenty to do with good field position to start our sets so therefore a major contribution to any of our wins.
How many games would we have won starting each set 20-30 or so metres further back up the field?
Whilst some are trying to find the individual moments that won games you wish to forget the most obvious things that always contributed and were relied upon by the team to achieve any wins.
So shiny pennies is what some want thus the fascination with Tedesco, Hayne and the like.
Duges was not a shiny penny but rather one with scars and verdigris all over it from the sheer hard work he did game in game out and without his contribution through those very dark days our win ratio would have been a lot worse.

giboz71

First Grade
Do people think he is an upgrade on Bird?

Bird is younger, faster and infinitely more skilful. Starting to think it may actually be a net loss for the Sharks.

getsmarty

Immortal
Just a Q.....why do we need to sign anyone?

You'd have to ask the club that. We are looking at 2 new players. The juniors are in our plans eg re-signing of field/Leilua/ etc. Its always a balancing act. Remember that their are 30 spots to fill and you lose someone with dugans experience then you want to cover that with another experienced player I.M.H.O.

1st & 10

Juniors
Agree...but Bird got offered more elsewhere so its a moot point.

Saints also refused to subside his medication for his chronic illness. Should never had let him slip through, which saints have a bad habit of.

As for Dugan, I don't care what the tattooed play-doe man does

Dragonslayer

First Grade
You'd have to ask the club that. We are looking at 2 new players. The juniors are in our plans eg re-signing of field/Leilua/ etc. Its always a balancing act. Remember that their are 30 spots to fill and you lose someone with dugans experience then you want to cover that with another experienced player I.M.H.O.

I thought i read during the week that the new agreement was to be set at 26 players + 900k for 2nd tier players. I could be very wrong but if so then we have what 4 spots left? So if Mann, Lafai and say Milne are re-signed (not saying they will) that leaves 1 spot to which Millward had already stated he will look at a forward.
Again all speculation until the finally release the cap details.
But i doubt Walker and co would sign on as a 2nd tier player.

Latest posts