What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan officially signs a 4 year deal with the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

jak

Bench
I'm not sure how I feel about this one. One thing that I hate is that he can sign midseason disrupting the rest of the playing group. Not a good look waiving the cooling off period either.
waiving the cooling off period also stops any change of mind. there must be a reason for this.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Hope all the negativity towards him is just disappointment. Never saw him give less than 100% in a game. He's playing for possibly his last decent paycheck of his career and I don't blame him one bit. Another one who got to wear the mighty Red V at the highest level so I say thank you and wish him all the very best of luck (except when we play the sharks).

For no apparent reason? No one player is bigger than the club, however his actions are distasteful, even if he plays for the enemy.
None of us know what happened for him to waive the cooling off period.

Perhaps Dragons were told the offer and asked to match it, but declined.

If so, they weren't coming back during the cooling off period anyway.

If this happened, they have a plan in hand I reckon. Mickey just may be onto something re his latest prediction

Gareth67

First Grade
Cut this off your jersey ,image.jpg at the end of your very last match for the Dragons , Josh .

As there is no prouder Club in the NRL as the St.George Illawarra Dragons !

Dragons4lyf95

Juniors
Relax the guy lives in gymea bay coming from his point of view imagine yourself being told by the club no ur a centre that's all we will pay you when his been our fullback the past 5 years of course anyone in his situation would be oissed off his waited and waited for fullback money but then the sharks came along offered him a good deal close to home anyone in his situation would take that

Walpole

Juniors
Maybe the Sharks have access to TPAs.
Maybe the Sharks know that 750k for a quality player won't be much in 4yrs time.
I'd feel a bit better if Millward came out with plan B.
I doubt he'll still be a quality player in 4 years time. Certainly very unlikely he'll still be an Origin or Australian player at 31.

Good for him for a guy who has no real vision and barely can pass left to right getting some good coin is a good thing.

Listening to what Dufty did today fills me with hope in the second half he literally won the game on his own.

Defence is still a bit of an issue but the way he can chime into a backline movemnt off the back of widdop and Hunt exciting times ahead.

Walpole

Juniors
Hope all the negativity towards him is just disappointment. Never saw him give less than 100% in a game. He's playing for possibly his last decent paycheck of his career and I don't blame him one bit. Another one who got to wear the mighty Red V at the highest level so I say thank you and wish him all the very best of luck (except when we play the sharks).
The unfortunate thing is we had him for his best years but the team was shit. This year might be the only chance he ever has to win a comp :D

FlameThrower

Bench
How about we forget about the autopsy and just move on.
We have 2 openings to fill either through our own ranks or from outside.
I personally think Packers roll is a harder task. As for FB we do have internal club options.
So let's get cracking on signing Kurt, Tim and Milne. While we are at it, we should be looking at McInnes to extend for as next priority...the guy is a young pocket rocket!

After how kerr lawrie and hind played for Illawarra today the Dragons have some good young props coming through.

Hind should be retained he is in his mid 20's but is an old style front rower does the tough stuff.

Lawrie and Kerr make metres at will and kerr close to the line is just about unstoppable 6 tries already this year.

Sheppard and Dowel are promising youngsters in the NYC.

Outside of the club for an extra experienced prop i'd sign either Tagatese or latimoremaybe even Tim Browne.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Thank God the circus is over. Time to move on and plan for 2018.
I've said previously I doubt we will chase a back more likely a forward to replace Packer only.
As far as fullback next year, Millward has already annointed Field for that role. However, given the recent djsplays by Mann, I wouldn"t be suprised to see him as custodian next year.
U think our priorities now should be focused on re-signing Lafai and Mann and to go chasing Johnston, Walker or even Hayne definitely sends them the wrong message.
Aa for the remainder of 2017, Iwould move Dugan to the centres and have either Mann or Field at fullback. This is the only way we will know for sure for 2018 which one will play and which one will be the 17.
We have some great talent coming through, lets not foresake them just to sign someone. It's time to trust in our roster as the Raiders, Roosters, Panthers, Eels and most others have wjth their juniors.

Latest posts