What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Amone

Old Timer

Coach
That is a complete mess because of the lack of thought process by the NRL when it hastily introduced the stand down rules.

The NRL need to come out now with a definitive statement as to what happens to players who have police actions pending and ensure that clubs and their fans are not disadvantaged as we were in the JDB saga.

Then the law can do what it needs to do and the football can continue without a club having a player permanently suspended despite not being sent off.

Nanadragon

Juniors
That’s right but I think mum has every right to be furious with them.

Junior was looking really promising, I based his expected losses on average cap but more than likely he may have exceeded that. Tpa’s and so forth. Plus an esl or Union payday option.

Maybe $3.5m over an 8 year career, gone up in smoke. That’s an incredible cost to his family and close friends.

Instead some other youngster/s and their family are going to benefit from Juniors bizarre conduct by taking his place in the squad later. Strange and incredible twist of fate.

Those innocent Amones, family etc, probably very nice people, completely smashed. Terrible.

Christian people but this would test anyones faith.
I'm not talking about what he stands to lose from his career, I'm just saying she will be worried about him going to jail.
It must be very boring on the West's forum, you spend a lot of time on ours.

SnowDragon

Juniors
My 2c worth on this.

There's something not adding up here in this incident, like 1+1 isn't equaling 2. There must have been a spark that ignited the whole sorry situation. I guess more will be revealed as time passes. The mysterious 3rd person, who was caught on camera, is a key cog in this. His involvement in the entire incident will be crucial.

As for Junior, firstly, a presumption of innocence must apply, however he can basically kiss his 1st grade NRL career goodbye if proven guilty of the charges as they stand. Unfortunate (so many Un words that can go here), but at the end of the day, we are all responsible for our own actions, premeditated or not. It's hard not to see him doing some time, even as a "1st offender", that will be measured in years. The non-parole period that the Judge imposes will make or break any person sentenced.

As for the Dragons, we need to move quickly as soon as the NRL drops the NFSDP on us and apply for cap relief. Not dilly dally as we did with the DeBelin case. That completely *%^#ed our cap for the time that policy was imposed on him. I hope this also serves as a reminder to those who do like to live their lives more on the edge to rethink their actions, whatever they may be.

As a Club, this incident cannot be blamed on it. This was a single event, outside of the realms of responsibility that all players get education on. As I stated above, he was responsible for his own mind in this situation.

So now Bud should get his chance to cement a 1st grade spot, be that at 6 or 7. I guess, Mybe will be in the mix at least as the 14 now and serve as a replacement back utility and hooker role. He can slot into the 6 role as could Bird if necessity arises. Young Zac Herring could be fast tracked through to KOE Cup where he played a few games this season. He is a very good prospect. I don't know if Braxton Wallace is still with us, as he too spent some time in KOE Cup last season.
Thanks DS,

too many experts here, so I won’t add too much Until it all becomes clearer.
- I too am intrigued as to what set this off. clearly parking on a grass strip is far from the full story
- I am sceptical about the image of these “innocent tradies”. Clearly we are hearing their side of the story at.
- I am really disappointed we look like loosing a rising star. Although I don’t want to judge at this stage, I can’t see a situation where it ends well for the young guy
- the effect on the club is another frustration.

The Word

Juniors
They didn't pay out Vaughan when he was sacked.
They didn't need to. He was clearly in breach of his contract for breaking biosecurity rules and government public health orders for the second time. He was caught, fined, admitted his offence. Cut and dry. With Amone they will be able to do the same if he pleads guilty or is found guilty, which could take some time. Anyway, I've probably talked enough rubbish about this so I'll shut up now.

They didn't need to. He was clearly in breach of his contract for breaking biosecurity rules and government public health orders for the second time. He was caught, fined, admitted his offence. Cut and dry. With Amone they will be able to do the same if he pleads guilty or is found guilty, which could take some time. Anyway, I've probably talked enough rubbish about this so I'll shut up now.
I think you’ve made some great points, got me quite interested anyway. As to delay, the offence is so serious, penalty is so severe, as you suggest, i think it will drag on for numerous months or years.

Last edited:
Ive read a lot on here about this subject and for mine theres only one point that matters to the Dragons at this time. This trial may or may not start soon, but i think from the seriousness of the charges and the available evidence, the Dragons surely must say " for now theres no point training with the team-it will be useless as a custodial sentence is possible and we need a new 5/8".Thats not to say he cant train but just not with the squad.We need to find a new 5/8 immediately, and he needs to be in that position with no disruption. Having Amone train as 5/8 is futile. We saw with JDB training with the squad what a disruption it caused and a split in the team. Surely we wont be stupid enough to do it again.
From a personal point of view, I cant believe this guy has thrown his whole future away on such a stupid act. It also shows me as a person I want to represent this great club, hes failed miserably. For mine tear up the contract and send him off. Once again this season our name has been mud all over the papers and TV for all the wrong reasons.I'm not sure many young guys are up to being role models anymore. Seems to me the education system is spitting out entitled twats who think they can do anything and get away with it. As other guys have said, it makes Mbye and Woods look like really good role models and the type of people we want at the club. Sadly we wont win premierships with them though.
Fantastic Christmas present from Junior to his family and us- multimillions down the drain

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
Very disappointing re Junior Amone. Image wise not a good look.The courts will decide any punishment to be dished out. I will await their verdict before my final comment and assesment Our club then must move forward re 2023.

possm

Coach
Dragon fans had so much hope for this player. Now all gone and some other club will reap the benefit of the Dragon's development work. Let's move on:

3. Max Feagai
6. Bird
7. Sullivan
9. Hunt
11. Suli

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Dragonsupporter has written:
Seems to me the education system is spitting out entitled twats who think they can do anything and get away with it.
A bit tough on the education system. Surely it's the Rugby League pathways system that produces the "entitled twats" not the education system which has to try to cope with this sense of entitlement. As just one minor example I picked a boy in my school's 1st XI who was a footy star who went on to play for the Panthers and in the Super League for years. How did my selection go? The star didn't turn to play, didn't inform me or any of his mates so we played one short and lost.

Dragonsupporter has written:
Seems to me the education system is spitting out entitled twats who think they can do anything and get away with it.
A bit tough on the education system. Surely it's the Rugby League pathways system that produces the "entitled twats" not the education system which has to try to cope with this sense of entitlement. As just one minor example I picked a boy in my school's 1st XI who was a footy star who went on to play for the Panthers and in the Super League for years. How did my selection go? The star didn't turn to play, didn't inform me or any of his mates so we played one short and lost.
I Suppose one could compare the incidence of crime in non NRL players as against NRL players as a % and see if there is any meaningful difference.

And almost all the nrl players are all products of the school system anyway.

But even amongst NRL players, the allegations against young bloke are pretty extreme. So I’m thinking it’s an individual thing so far as a player is concerned.

That whatever the issue, that he didn’t walk away with so much at stake, is strange and maybe catastrophic for him, family and related parties.

James Graham has spoken about all the surprise public challenges and threats he’s had over the years because he’s played it tough and upset people in the process.

I said it before, indirectly, it’s likely that some kid somewhere is going to get an opportunity as a result of the event. But I saw junior played a lot of games last year, so it’s quite a burden and inconvenience for SGI that option may not be there.

He could be entitled, I don’t know. He seemed genuine when I met him. Lost a game but was still comforting fans. Bird was the same but more so.

Bird comes over and let’s Tigers fans take selfies. Hes a champion.

Latest posts