What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jwh

How he isnt the first front rower picked for NZ every time is beyond belief. Best front rower in the game.

That try was awesome

Rabbits20

Immortal
He is one of the top front rowers in the game but I wouldn't say the best.

Matt Scott is better, Jesse Bromwich is better.

George Burgess is as good as Hargreaves though. I can't split them.

kbw

Bench
Burgess isn't even close, he can do some good stuff but he goes missing almost as much as Ingli$ does

DiegoNT

First Grade
If JWH isn't the best prop in the game then he'd be pretty close.
The only reason I could think of jwh not getting picked for the kiwis is that Kearney is after a certain kind of player and jwh doesn't fit that mould.
Guys like scott and Bromwich get through a ton of work, but sometimes you don't realise what an impact they've had until you see their stats at fulltime. A player like jwh, you can see it every time he runs the ball or makes a tackle, he is trying to make an impact or intimidate the opposition on every run/tackle. And if he gets smashed he just has that evil grin and targets that player on his next run. Unfortunately there's not a lot of props like that now days, most seemed to be judged on whether they can run over 100m in a game

Snappy

Coach
wasnt JWH involved in some off-field stuff during a world cup or something ? Thought he was left out as a changing the culture type thing

nrlnrl

First Grade
You're entitled to that opinion.

But I'd be concerned if I was you with your teams performance tonight.

Forming bad habits can be hard to get out of.

Next 3 games will shed some light on it & determine positions for the 8, but that's all. Then the real comp begins....

nrlnrl

First Grade
How he isnt the first front rower picked for NZ every time is beyond belief. Best front rower in the game.

That try was awesome

He would be if he played how he's been over the past month. A rating like that must be earned over a period of time like a few years. He hasn't been consistent enough to warrant it.

RedVDragon

Juniors
JWH is a cat he always is the third man in on a tackle and I think he is soft. Personally I would have loved to hit him front on when he made that run to score the try against the Eels

Dogmatix

Juniors
JWH is a good player but I still want to see him dominate in big games before I call him great. Beating up on a down and out Parra in Rd 23 is one thing. But in the 2013 World Cup final JWH went missing as Australia ran up a cricket score. Jesse Bromwich went missing that day too

George Burgess on the other hand scored the match turning try in the 2014 Grand Final. I would like to see something similar from JWH in the big games that lie ahead this year. For now George Burgess is ahead due to his big game ability

Jack_Napier

Staff member
JWH is a good player but I still want to see him dominate in big games before I call him great. Beating up on a down and out Parra in Rd 23 is one thing. But in the 2013 World Cup final JWH went missing as Australia ran up a cricket score. Jesse Bromwich went missing that day too

George Burgess on the other hand scored the match turning try in the 2014 Grand Final. I would like to see something similar from JWH in the big games that lie ahead this year. For now George Burgess is ahead due to his big game ability

Are you completely forgetting JWH was our best forward in 2013 when we won the competition. Was a beast all year that year for Easts but yeah you're right he isn't a big game player 😕

Tommy Smith

Referee
And his game against the vaunted Dogs pack two weeks ago was just about the best I've ever seen from a prop.

The man is on a mission.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Wouldn't swap him for any prop in the game Tommy. When he's on he lifts us so much. I think now the new Bub has arrived he'll be on even more of a mission. Cut out the penalties this season as well which is the most pleasing thing for me.

Latest posts