What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keith Urban..(Entertainment)

Quigs

Immortal
Billy Connelly would be ideal half time entertainment.

I remember seeing him doing a musical segment ( Was it Monty Python live at the Hollywood Bowl ???)

And Billy introduced himself as "the merkin that put the merkin into merkin-ry and western"

Funny there are some quotes in life that you never forget.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Will be very very close to vomiting with nerves at about that time. Was shaking uncontrollably last week. It could be the Elvis quartet featuring Wacko, Prince and SRV for all I'm likely to notice.

Pot Odds

Juniors
Billy Connelly would be ideal half time entertainment.

I remember seeing him doing a musical segment ( Was it Monty Python live at the Hollywood Bowl ???)

And Billy introduced himself as "the merkin that put the merkin into merkin-ry and western"

Funny there are some quotes in life that you never forget.
Poor bloke has parkinsens disease

carcharias

Immortal
Will be very very close to vomiting with nerves at about that time. Was shaking uncontrollably last week. It could be the Elvis quartet featuring Wacko, Prince and SRV for all I'm likely to notice.
I'm watching catch ups of Sterlo etc and am already shaking .

millersnose

Post Whore
Ughh

All I could think of was couldn't stand the weather
Not a great song for us

The Popper

Bench
An excellent guitar player. Some good stuff but the new `poppy' style of country is not my bag either. I'm proud of his achievements as an Aussie. I have written articles for US country music magazines and websites a decade or so ago and have travelled to Nashville four times. My style is more Johnny Cash, Marty Robbins and, yep, Quigs, Jim Reeves, but they're all dead. My favourite these days are Alan Jackson and Mandy Barnett. You'd possibly like George Strait too, Quigs.
Incidentally, that new porch light song by Luke O'Shea an Oz country music singer. He's a big Sharkies fan too. I've been to a couple of his shows and he's plugged Cronulla.
PS: Keith said he's cheering for Cronulla too.

Quigs

Immortal
Pop, I am not a country and a western fan. Moi, I am an old Blues man. I prefer Jimmy Reed to Jim Reeves.

SadShark

Bench
An excellent guitar player. Some good stuff but the new `poppy' style of country is not my bag either. I'm proud of his achievements as an Aussie. I have written articles for US country music magazines and websites a decade or so ago and have travelled to Nashville four times. My style is more Johnny Cash, Marty Robbins and, yep, Quigs, Jim Reeves, but they're all dead. My favourite these days are Alan Jackson and Mandy Barnett. You'd possibly like George Strait too, Quigs.
Incidentally, that new porch light song by Luke O'Shea an Oz country music singer. He's a big Sharkies fan too. I've been to a couple of his shows and he's plugged Cronulla.

Johnny Cash's cover of "Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails is better than the original.

You add Hank Williams and George Jones in with that mob, Popper, and we have the winners.

carcharias

Immortal
What would you call early elvis?
Dont mind " that's alright mumma" type of gear.

That other truckin shit though
Nah

Quigs

Immortal
That's alright Mumma. Wow that was a Arthur BigBoy Cruddup number. I actually saw AC at the Horden Pav when I was but a teenager.

Thats alright Mumma was Elvis's first recording done at Sun Studios.

As for most of Elvis's stuff - Elvis Schemlvous.... The Killer Jerry Lee Lewis had the right idea. Went around to Elvis's house with a shot gun and blew his door up for selling Rock n Roll down the drain.