What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwi Squad

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Heres a bolter for the squad. Definately eligible as hes a kiwi.
Junior Paulo. Been saying it for over a year now

Heres a bolter for the squad. Definately eligible as hes a kiwi.
Junior Paulo. Been saying it for over a year now

From memory Junior recently was selected in the city squad but was then scratched as he wasnt eligible for Australia which seems strange as he'd played Jnr Kanagroos and u20s Origin in 2013.

Tried googling it but couldnt find the article I read at the time.

Might not be the most committed dude to the kiwi cause.

jaseg

Juniors
Paulo is eligible for Australia - just not Origin, as he moved to Sydney when we was a teenager (to be Origin eligible now you must have lived in a state before your 13th birthday). Loads of idiot journos were touting him as an Origin chance earlier in the year I remember.. I don't think he was actually selected at any point for City/Country though, just rumours?

He would complete our dominant middle stocks, alongside Bromwich, Maulino, Taupau & Taumalolo.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Would be an absolute coup if he were to pledge his allegiance to us. Doesn't sound like it though.
It's a shame, same with losing out on Jayden Nikorima - He'd be one that would probably feature heavily for us in future

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I'd like to see James Fisher-Harris travel with the squad for experience.

He isn't good enough to make the top 17 yet but he could be a chance for the WC.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
2 words. Kayln Ponga
If we have a spot for experience (and potentially locking a player in), Ponga has to be it.
IIRC he was invited to a training session before.
ARL are keen for him to pledge for Australia and Qland though

Cold Roses

Juniors
"Shaun Kenny-Dowall has called for Jared Waerea-Hargreaves' test exile to come to an end, telling Kiwis coach Stephen Kearney his Sydney Roosters team-mate should be the first player picked"

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league...ll-wants-jared-waereahargreaves-back-in-black

Time for a recall? If he could bring his club form to the Test arena we'd be looking pretty impressive with Bromwich, Tapau, Taumalolo etc.

Or is there still a hangover from the issues at the World Cup that Kearney can't dismiss.

Matua

Bench
Kearney is nothing if not stubborn and will sacrifice wins due to the stubbornness.

But apparently JWH at least got invited to the eligible players get together.