What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis vs Fiji - Quarter Finals

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
What did Blair say?

With the strength of union at all time highs you have to wonder about league given these brainless imposters
He was casual, like 'oh well' almost. Well thats how I saw it. I wasnt really listening to what he said, just noticed how he was casual about it.

JJ

Immortal
He was casual, like 'oh well' almost. Well thats how I saw it. I wasnt really listening to what he said, just noticed how he was casual about it.
He's so f**king ordinary in all respects IMO . Surrounded by stars he looks better, flat track bully

Perhaps this is another blessing?

Selection wise not much more we could do with Taumalolo decision and drug users.
Style of game changed from first two, offloads not supported.
Game went to 1 our runners.
Kicking game was all on SJ.
To many errors and penalties.

NZRL better change coach appointment policy to best applicant, Kiwi or not!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I haven't read any of the posts as yet

Not much to say at the moment

Fiji, Congrats

Shaun Johnson, the biggest myth ever seen in NZ rugby league ?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Moments near the death stick out for me

On attack 10m out, Levi dummy half, RTS dummy half, nothing kick on the last, chance gone

Johnson throws a terrible ball to Whare who has to dive forward to catch it on tackle 5. Johnson is in dummy half, waves a front rower in and walks off, and Whare plays the ball to nobody and a front rower kicks it downfield

Last chance with the pill, 2nd tackle, for some reason Johnson sends it wide, inexplicably Takarangi sends it wider and we kick it dead on the 2nd

Not at all trying to stick up for Kidwell here, he should and will be gone. But those moments aren't down to poor coaching, they are down to shit for brains players making awful decisions and he shouldn't take the rap for that

Iafeta

Referee
Awful crowd as well. Make no bones about it, I hold grave fears for NZRL as a sustainable organisation. Across the whole field the organisation is awful. Financially, performance wise, development wise and marketing.

Moments near the death stick out for me

On attack 10m out, Levi dummy half, RTS dummy half, nothing kick on the last, chance gone

Johnson throws a terrible ball to Whare who has to dive forward to catch it on tackle 5. Johnson is in dummy half, waves a front rower in and walks off, and Whare plays the ball to nobody and a front rower kicks it downfield

Last chance with the pill, 2nd tackle, for some reason Johnson sends it wide, inexplicably Takarangi sends it wider and we kick it dead on the 2nd

Not at all trying to stick up for Kidwell here, he should and will be gone. But those moments aren't down to poor coaching, they are down to shit for brains players making awful decisions and he shouldn't take the rap for that
Summed it up well.
Some dumb one out shit all game.
No angle running I can remember.
Kicking game shit and no thought behind it.
Martin was completely missing most of game and didn’t inject himself, 1m kick.
AFS had more kicking meters.

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Some dumb one out shit all game.
Martin was completely missing most of game and didn’t inject himself.

Yep, didn't really stick out for me pre match, but with hindsight Leuluai should have been there, too much inexperience in the playmaking roles with Levi, Martin and Nikorima

Won't change at all though from my pre tournament thoughts that Benji Marshall should have been in the squad

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I knew Cheechin was going to be a punk. He let Fiji get away with more, Im certain of it. He did give us some good calls, tough calls but the replay justified them later

You are correct there

Didn't really want to mention the ref, because we should have played better and won, simple as that

But in the play before Rapana kicks it dead at the end, as the Fiji tackler is getting back around to marker he is holding and pulling a kiwi foot, penalty every day of the week and we should be lining up a kick to tie the game up

Hated all that talk about how great it was that Cecchin only blew 3 penalties in the opening match and how great he was for it. Complete opposite for me, it showed that he was picking and choosing what he would blow and what he would ignore, because the 3 that were blown were repeated many times in the match

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
You'd think Martin would go good against Fiji though. Nothing like experience though, especially in games like these. Could Benji or Foran offer better attack?

Benji, absolutely and has been my hobbyhorse for a long time

We will never know, but I want to know why the hell a guy like Benji, proven class at all levels, and not a bad word really said about him by anyone personality wise, can be blacklisted for years in an area we struggle for class. It's a disgrace in my eyes

JJ

Immortal
Referee or not - seriously this was Fiji - and while they have some good players, not that many, and certainly not the resources we have

I so want to like Johnson, but he's another flat track bully - tear up the Newcastle team, but go missing in tough games - simply needs to be better, in all aspects - his decision making is atrocious at tines

JJ

Immortal
Is this clown looking for a Tui endorsement contract? What a f**ktard

"Blair was interviewed by Sky Sport's Monty Betham in the immediate aftermath of the maiden meeting between the sides at a poorly-attended Westpac Stadium in Wellington.

"[We] have to go back and reflect on what we've done in the tournament," Blair said.

"It's not a negative for us. We're going to build something here and we've got some great young talent coming through.""

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11945482

Latest posts