What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Storm Post Match Thread

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Oh yeah and the Storm were just simply red hot - they would hav beaten any side in the comp on that performance, they hav the ability to do that, just ask penrith in 2003(i think it was) - 66-14 or something, and the Roosters in 2002 - 48-10(just like us), oh wait a minute, what happened to those 2 teams in those years - they won the comp !!!!!! :lol: :D :shock:

antonius

Coach
How many we had missing has nothing to do with our teams lack of enthusiasm, I said they were pedestrian, you said that's because it was the first game of the year, I'm saying that's not a valid excuse. Kidley and Buderus would have been better defenders than their replacements yes I agree there. That has nothing to do with the structure the team played, or their intensity, or their lack of effort. If your happy with that performance then all I can say is your easily pleased, I say their overall effort was embarassing. I'll also add that Hagan must shoulder some of the blame for not having them up for the game.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Nope, neva said i was happy with the performance all im saying is that it isnt worth slashing ur wrists ova, it is a very long season and if ur planning on writing them off after one bad performance, well its not that great. Also if this happened to be in say round 8, i dont think ppl would hav made as bigger deal out of this as they have, maybe its just coincidence that ppl arent prepared to wait a bit for the team to jell, i dont know, but hey im just having my opinion which is what this forum is for is it not

antonius

Coach
Yep you are very much entitled to an opinion. I don't recall saying I was wrist slashing either. I merely commented that the team was pedestrian, lacked enthusiasm, and had no defence. I stand by those remarks.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Looks like we r going to hav to agree to disagree :lol: :lol: but seriously as i said, its on again next week, thats the beauty of this game

Alex28

Coach
Teh team really had no one but themselves to blame for not having any ball in the first 25 minutes - did they even complete a set in that time? They offered nothing in attack. They were humbled by a good team, and never got close to recovering.

~bedsy~

First Grade
astrogirl said:
However I truly believe (and I know this is obvious) that if we can improve our defense and get better field position we'll be able to see what we can do in attack. At the moment we're too stuffed to do anything.
I fully agree with that Astro. Our Defence is what they players and coaching staff should be looking at and trying to improve.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Astro, i also couldnt agree with u more, however we are constantly losing players through injury week in week out #-o so the defence is prob not going to get any better in the coming weeks if they r constantly playing alongside different blokes to those they played with the week before :cry:

Brendon

Juniors
Jobdog said:
Oh yeah and the Storm were just simply red hot - they would hav beaten any side in the comp on that performance, they hav the ability to do that, just ask penrith in 2003(i think it was) - 66-14 or something, and the Roosters in 2002 - 48-10(just like us), oh wait a minute, what happened to those 2 teams in those years - they won the comp !!!!!! :lol: :D :shock:

You're spot on there Jobdog...... Infact Penrith have been annilated the past 2 seasons in Melbourne......

2003. Storm 42-16
2004. Storm 66-14

Fact is we were dead set poor out there yesterday arvo, no excuses I hope they get a good kick up the ass this week in training..... but im far from giving up on them.... a true supporter sticks by their side going thru the good and the bad..... I mean its easy 2 support a winning side, but its a true test when they arent so successful nemore..... and im stickin by the boys and I just cant wait to get down 2 EnergyAustralia Stadium... Rd 6... Sunday arvo Vs Warriors... Cheer the boys on .... givin it to the warriors :D :D

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Its always difficult for the Knights to be competitive if they are constantly being freaking well injured, Mark Hughes and Adam Woolnough by the looks of it are going to be added to the injured list. My god the way they are constantly being injured is really starting to wear away at me :evil: The moment we get players back instead of losing them is the time we will start winning its as simple as that. So who have we got to take up the slack in the front row this week ??????? #-o #-o By no means am i going to give up on them, i dont know the meaning of that word, but its very frustrating how many times we lose players week after week. Lets just hope we get all these injuries ova and done with at the start of the year and come round 15-16 evryone will be back on deck. I also might add that the Cowboys lost their first 4 games last year (and they were at home) and only won 6 of their first 16,yet came within a whisker of getting to the grand final, and they didnt have a bloke by the name of Andrew Johns in the side :lol:

Latest posts