What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Auva'a jammed in when everyone else was sliding. A great example of why, IMO, he's not been seen in FG even when fit for a while. His defence is pretty abysmal at times.
I can't comment on the specific play you're describing, but having an outside back jam against numbers is a pretty common tactic, used by the good NRL coaches as well as by the scapegoats. Obviously with an outside back (usually a winger but may also be the centre) jamming in, the inside defenders need to push hard to slide behind them in case the ball gets past.

Gronk

Staff member
Sharks have young Australian Schoolboy reps coming out of their arse.

Wenty have a Ron Massey and jouneymen mix.

Bazal

Post Whore
I can't comment on the specific play you're describing, but having an outside back jam against numbers is a pretty common tactic, used by the good NRL coaches as well as by the scapegoats. Obviously with an outside back (usually a winger but may also be the centre) jamming in, the inside defenders need to push hard to slide behind them in case the ball gets past.

Well duh, I'm not an idiot.

Problem is, not having seen it, your entire post is irrelevant. There were no numbers. The inside man was covered, Davis was on the centre, Louganis had his winger covered, Davis jammed on the inside runner and the centre went straight through the hole he left.

It was shit defence (which I wrongly attributed to Auva'a)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Centre, Wing doesn’t matter. Very average.
Given our weakness at wing in first grade, if he was a chance of a call-up (or even a chance of being retained for 2019) he would be playing wing in this grade. They obviously want to see how Aukafolau (a better defender than Davis) handles wing instead.

Bazal

Post Whore
Jesus, we should sign that merkin just for his haircut.

All the best NRL sides have a bloke with a wild haircut.

I'm watching a Channel in NZ that says that they are showing the ISP live....but the Jets are playing the Tigers? And on the other channel they got Penrith v Blacktown live.

EDIT: Worked it out....it's the Ipswich Jets, in the ISC.

Last edited: