What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

hindy111

Post Whore
Dylan Brown came through the grades as a halfback. He came into first grade at 6 because we had Moses.

We have been belted with Moses in the team, and also lost narrowly to the Tigers. Don’t blame recruiting, that shit is on the players.

As far as winning lower grades, we have pushed proven reserve graders out of the club rather than use them so we obviously don’t care about lower grade results. The Flegg team would be doing much better with Arthur and Guymer in the side.

Sure but other sides would also have Flegg players in NRL or NSW cup so it's all relative

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We don't care about lower grade results? Think I saw a post from you mentioning a player not winning in lower grades as a reason he has not been selected 🤔
Don’t assume causality. He hasn’t been picked because he isn’t ready, which is also one of the reasons his reserve grade side sucks. The causal factor is not being good enough. Losing games and not getting picked in first grade are both effects of that.

You merkins whinge about Poulogic, but you obviously don’t like any type of logic.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sure but other sides would also have Flegg players in NRL or NSW cup so it's all relative
They didn’t win SG Ball last year, we did. How many youngsters do they have playing against grown men? The number isn’t the same at each club. It’s not even the same at our club from year to year.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Don’t assume causality. He hasn’t been picked because he isn’t ready, which is also one of the reasons his reserve grade side sucks. The causal factor is not being good enough. Losing games and not getting picked in first grade are both effects of that.

You merkins whinge about Poulogic, but you obviously don’t like any type of logic.
car sharp turn GIF

T.S Quint

Coach
Don’t understand how Talagi get dropped back to reserves but at Fullback. He’s a terrible fullback. Wouldn’t you play him at 3/4 or 4/8? But then again it’s Cayless at coach and he’s zero from five.

What makes you think it’s Cayless making that decision?
BA mentioned this week that Talagi’s future most probably isn’t in the halves. It’s obvious to me that he’s being groomed as Gutho’s eventual replacement at fullback.
He has the speed and ball skills to play there. They are giving him the opportunity to work on the other stuff now in reserve grade.

JokerEel

Coach
What makes you think it’s Cayless making that decision?
BA mentioned this week that Talagi’s future most probably isn’t in the halves. It’s obvious to me that he’s being groomed as Gutho’s eventual replacement at fullback.
He has the speed and ball skills to play there. They are giving him the opportunity to work on the other stuff now in reserve grade.

I see a lot of RTS or Manu in Blaize.

If playing at Fullback in cup helps his development I would leave him there.

I don't think playing him at 5/8 is smart though

T.S Quint

Coach
I see a lot of RTS or Manu in Blaize.

If playing at Fullback in cup helps his development I would leave him there.

I don't think playing him at 5/8 is smart though

I don’t think it was the plan for BA to play him in the halves before the season started, but his hand was a bit forced.

I think Sanders and Asi were the ones in line to be backup halves, but Sanders hasn’t shown much so far this year and Asi has been terrible (from what I have heard, I haven’t watched the games).

Talagi was thrown into the centres due to shitty circumstances with injuries. He went ok, so keep him in the team at five-eighth and see how he goes there. In hindsight maybe the wrong decision, but who can say that Sanders or Asi would have gone better? The way we played, Canberra flogs us no matter who is playing five-eighth in that game.

JokerEel

Coach
I don’t think it was the plan for BA to play him in the halves before the season started, but his hand was a bit forced.

I think Sanders and Asi were the ones in line to be backup halves, but Sanders hasn’t shown much so far this year and Asi has been terrible (from what I have heard, I haven’t watched the games).

Talagi was thrown into the centres due to shitty circumstances with injuries. He went ok, so keep him in the team at five-eighth and see how he goes there. In hindsight maybe the wrong decision, but who can say that Sanders or Asi would have gone better? The way we played, Canberra flogs us no matter who is playing five-eighth in that game.

Agree with that last line it didn't matter who played Canberra flog us..

I would have been playing Asi at 7 all off season and in the trail games if Sanders was never going to get a game.

I hope that Blaize continues to develop Dick Penisini/AMS overcomes their ACL injuries helps our coach 2025 team.

the phantom menace

First Grade
I don't think it was a mistake to try Blaize for some games in NRL, and he was not the reason we lost to Tigers or got flogged by Canberra.

But after a few weeks exposure it is time to get him back to Cup level so he can use that experience to build on his development. And time for different tactics and someone else to try and plug the gap, and I'm glad BA had the balls to realise and make the call.