What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

Yes unfortunately. Ravas form needs to be monitored as he can run hot and cold. Reckon CT is the ideal replacement for him with Sione Finau to replace Zac next season. Tamale is an ideal centre but needs work on his defense first. Finau has a minor hammy problem and may only miss the one game.
Hammies and Calves take time or are easily reinjured.

TheRev

First Grade
They may not remain in the 2nd row either.. some of the boys coming through seemed to also play in the middle..

In 2025 (and assuming Russell & Shereb get let go)... we have these 'second rowers' available for 1st grade:

o Su'a (hopefully), Leilua, Ryan Couchman, Tom Eisenhuth, RFM, Egan, Halangahu & Nicky T.... Stanley-Traill sometimes plays 2nd row though.. Stewart also sometimes plays 2nd row..

Like fmd.. there are only 4 starting spots in the 2 grades.. ok there are bench spots and Eisenhuth is covering 13 lately, but you get what I mean.. some serious decisions about who plays cup next year.. Egan is very solid, could he be a middle? Whats RyanC's final position? Halangahu is also a massive unit.. NickyT would have been my standout selection.. but it was a serious injury to have missed this much footy.. thats also what concerns me.. with all the young forwards (including the props), there is going to be a real pecking order forming... 1 bad injury could lose you your place in the queue.. lots of challenges ahead.. some of them might end up in JF instead, even though they have NRL/NRLDev contracts..

They may not remain in the 2nd row either.. some of the boys coming through seemed to also play in the middle..

In 2025 (and assuming Russell & Shereb get let go)... we have these 'second rowers' available for 1st grade:

o Su'a (hopefully), Leilua, Ryan Couchman, Tom Eisenhuth, RFM, Egan, Halangahu & Nicky T.... Stanley-Traill sometimes plays 2nd row though.. Stewart also sometimes plays 2nd row..

Like fmd.. there are only 4 starting spots in the 2 grades.. ok there are bench spots and Eisenhuth is covering 13 lately, but you get what I mean.. some serious decisions about who plays cup next year.. Egan is very solid, could he be a middle? Whats RyanC's final position? Halangahu is also a massive unit.. NickyT would have been my standout selection.. but it was a serious injury to have missed this much footy.. thats also what concerns me.. with all the young forwards (including the props), there is going to be a real pecking order forming... 1 bad injury could lose you your place in the queue.. lots of challenges ahead.. some of them might end up in JF instead, even though they have NRL/NRLDev contracts..

I don't think Eisenhuth is contracted for next year. But they might extend him.

I have seen enough of Nick T., both Couchmans, and Stewart to know they are all capable of playing both edge and middle. These type of players are very useful. I think Egan needs to become more agressive in defence to play in the middle. I haven't seen the Ball kids play against men yet, so I don't want to comment on what they are able/not able to do.

On Ryan Couchman, the club has clearly been trying to develop him as an edge player since about halfway through last season. He has been playing very well there. But prior to that he was killing it in the middle. There's probably no reason he has to have a final position.

I think some of the young ones will play Flegg next year. Even this year, Stewart, who is top 30 next year, has been playing Flegg most games. This way they can all get plenty of minutes. When everyone is healthy, there just aren't enough minutes to go around in NSW Cup. So 6 starting spots in 3 grades and plenty of versatile players.

Anyway, it's a good problem to have. As long as the club doesn't misjudge which ones to keep when push comes to shove. However, there is cause for concern as the club does have form in this situation.

Hey guys, long time lurker on the forum for over 10 years but I decided to make an account now. I take particular interest in the juniors considering how poor we have been the last few years so I really enjoy reading people’s opinions
The good news is that the club seems to have a steady supply of good 16-19 year olds. The bad news is that the club hasn't been doing a great job of getting these kids from SG Ball to NRL level.

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
Hey guys, long time lurker on the forum for over 10 years but I decided to make an account now. I take particular interest in the juniors considering how poor we have been the last few years so I really enjoy reading people’s opinions
Welcome aboard! I also love the juniors, dont know why more fans don't (honestly most of my mates wouldnt have a clue about anyone bar their teams 1st graders.. or who their assistant coaches or recruitment guys are etc... and these fans go to games each week too)..

Maybe it is because Dragons 1st grade has been so poor that we sort of needed something else to occupy us.. but.. I find the up and coming stars fascinating.. watching their progress.. means so much more when they make 1st grade and you followed their progress....

Dragon David

First Grade
Nice to have you on board in the Dragons Forum, SaintWayne. We look forward to your further contributions.

I can remember when I first started to read all of the threads and posts years ago and had always wanted to say my bit, so I signed up in 2019 and have enjoyed reading and posting since.

TheRev

First Grade
Tonights win is going to make tomorrows games (and anzac day) much easier on the heart..

Saturday's Schedule:
o 11.15 - Jersey Flegg v Warriors (No Coverage - Collegians)
o 12.30 - SG Ball Prelim 1: Roosters v Dogs (NSWRLTV - Henson Park)
o 13.00 - NSW Cup v Warriors (NSWRLTV - Collegians)
o 18.30 - SG Ball Prelim 2: Dragons v Newcastle (NSWRLTV - Leichhardt)

Family is going to be stoked that I am in front of the TV for most of the day.. feeling pretty confident about all 3 grades.. but the one that really matters is the SG Ball Final, winner into the grand final.. I might even watch some of the Roosters v Dogs game to see who we (hopefully) will play... the unbeaten Roosters seem a tall order, but the dogs are running hot, so will be interesting to see.

Runner

Juniors
Tonights win is going to make tomorrows games (and anzac day) much easier on the heart..

Saturday's Schedule:
o 11.15 - Jersey Flegg v Warriors (No Coverage - Collegians)
o 12.30 - SG Ball Prelim 1: Roosters v Dogs (NSWRLTV - Henson Park)
o 13.00 - NSW Cup v Warriors (NSWRLTV - Collegians)
o 18.30 - SG Ball Prelim 2: Dragons v Newcastle (NSWRLTV - Leichhardt)

Family is going to be stoked that I am in front of the TV for most of the day.. feeling pretty confident about all 3 grades.. but the one that really matters is the SG Ball Final, winner into the grand final.. I might even watch some of the Roosters v Dogs game to see who we (hopefully) will play... the unbeaten Roosters seem a tall order, but the dogs are running hot, so will be interesting to see.
Thanks for posting the schedule. I will certainly be watching the Saints games at least!

TheRev

First Grade
We let 3 tries in 5minutes to surrender a big lead in Jersey Flegg.. we went down by 6 points in the end.. really dissapointing, definitely hope next week we see a couple of Steeler SG players move up.

TheRev

First Grade
- some big hard boys in this warriors KOE side, hopefully we can tire those bodies out.

- was a really shit late tackle penalty we gave away though that let to their first try.. think the pass might have been forward though it went in front of the defender.. anyway.. 0-6 the score.

- and another penalty leading to a 2nd try, but we held it up.. ref couldnt see from his angle.. ffs.. 0-12.

- rly hate having no bunker or captains challenge.. another bad one against us =(

- Shitty 3rd try from the warriors, Fifita like a slug to move on the line.. dummy half goes thru in slow motion.. 0-18.

- got a penalty and went on with a massive cutout from Marschke to SFinau who beat 3-4 defenders for an excellent try on the right side of the field. 4-18.

- think thats 2 high tackles from Fifita in his short stint and the try let in on the line.

- finding it hard to hate these warriors kids who keep helping our players up and checking they r ok.. far too respectful.

- Sfinau made an error and rly dropped his head.. tripped over in defense soon after sort of sooking.. which created a 2on1 overlap but Marshke swarmed to take the attacker over the sideline.. Sfinau was then offside during out attacking raid.. gotta get his head back in the game... long way back from 4-18 down at halftime.. we would need to dominate this half.

Last edited: