What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

Poor defence for one of Wests tries and just doesn’t have the zip or impact to make it in my opinion.
Agree. Is away from where he stunk up his two years in our top grade and is now playing at the back, where he seems more comfortable. Agree he is no longer FG material, either he or his brother.

Last edited:
I was at the ground. Here's a quick report for those who didn't see the game.

Dragons were much better in the flow of the match. The stats back this up: our average set distance was over 50m, theirs was 37.

The scoreboard was only close (5 tries to 3) because they had 53% possession due to us making more errors (9-5), and conceding more penalties (10-5) and restarts (3-1).

Here's how they lined up:

Mat Fegai was fullback.

CT was left wing.

Ben Johnson deputised at left centre.

Max Fegai was right centre.

Tamale was right wing.

Ralph (left) and Glover (right) were the halves.

Ryan Couchman started left edge and moved into the middle after 30 minutes when Shereb came onto the left edge. Ryan came off for Fifita with 15 minutes to go.

Dylan Egan played right edge.

Toby Couchman started at lock and played the first 60 minutes straight in the middle of the field. He was replaced by Tuitivake for the final 20.

Fifita and Tuitivake started as props. Fifita came off for Dan Russell after 25 minutes. Dan Russell came off for Frebairn with 30 minutes to go. Fifita also played the final 15 minutes, replacing Ryan Couchman. Tuitivake played the first 30 and was replaced by Shereb with Ryan Couchman moving into the middle. Tuitivake came back on for Toby Couchman for the final 20. Dan Russell came on for the last 5 minutes, replacing Freebairn.

Muhlheissen started at hooker. Haele Finau replaced him after 30 minutes and Muhlheissen came back on for Finau with 15 to go.

Happy to answer questions about the game as it's pretty fresh in my mind.

Last edited:
Best game I have seen from Tamale too. Is a powerhouse runner, but lacks sheer pace that his former partner Sione Finau has. He did not play yesterday yet was named in the starting side. Has he finally been promoted to make his top grade debut.
Was not in the team sheet so he can't play first grade this week. I think he was out injured. By the way, he technically debuted against the Warriors last year. Unfortunately, he was injured very early and basically played no part in the game.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I was at the ground. Here's a quick report for those who didn't see the game.

Dragons were much better in the flow of the match. The stats back this up: our average set distance was over 50m, theirs was 37.

The scoreboard was only close (5 tries to 3) because they had 53% possession due to us making more errors (9-5), and conceding more penalties (10-5) and restarts (3-1).

Here's how they lined up:

Mat Fegai was fullback.

CT was left wing.

Ben Johnson deputised at left centre.

Max Fegai was right centre.

Tamale was right wing.

Ralph (left) and Glover (right) were the halves.

Ryan Couchman started left edge and moved into the middle after 30 minutes when Shereb came onto the left edge. Ryan came off for Fifita with 15 minutes to go.

Dylan Egan played right edge.

Toby Couchman started at lock and played the first 60 minutes straight in the middle of the field. He was replaced by Tuitivake for the final 20.

Fifita and Tuitivake started as props. Fifita came off for Dan Russell after 25 minutes. Dan Russell came off for Frebairn with 30 minutes to go. Fifita also played the final 15 minutes, replacing Ryan Couchman. Tuitivake played the first 30 and was replaced by Shereb with Ryan Couchman moving into the middle. Tuitivake came back on for Toby Couchman for the final 20. Dan Russell came on for the last 5 minutes, replacing Freebairn.

Muhlheissen started at hooker. Haele Finau replaced him after 30 minutes and Muhlheissen came back on for Finau with 15 to go.

Happy to answer questions about the game as it's pretty fresh in my mind.
whats your general opinion on Egan and Tuitavake?

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Was not in the team sheet so he can't play first grade this week. I think he was out injured. By the way, he technically debuted against the Warriors last year. Unfortunately, he was injured very early and basically played no part in the game.
I still think Finau deserves a fair go. With lomax's impending departure he is the only player we have with a similar level of height and athleticism. Maybe not ball skills but is definitely just as strong and fit, and infinitely quicker and can jump based on his junior highlights.

whats your general opinion on Egan and Tuitavake?
Egan is going pretty well. He is fit, disciplined, he does his job, and does all the dirtty work off the ball. The try he scored on the weekend is an example of his workrate and footy IQ: Toby Couchman puts Glover through a gap and Egan pushes up in support on the outside to receive the final pass from Glover. You notice when he scores. But for that one try players like him make many similar support runs and do not receive the ball. He needs to improve his defence. Particularly, his first contact. He's only 19 so he is doing really well for his age.

Tuitivake was quite good last year and has been pretty good this year. He hits hard and runs hard. He's tough and reliable. I think he could handle 10 minutes either side of halftime in the NRL. It's tough not to compare him to Fifita, who he came from Manly with. Tuitivake moves a lot better in defence than Fifita, he tackles better, and doesn't get tired as quickly. I have never seen Fifita play better than Tuitivake.

I still think Finau deserves a fair go. With lomax's impending departure he is the only player we have with a similar level of height and athleticism. Maybe not ball skills but is definitely just as strong and fit, and infinitely quicker and can jump based on his junior highlights.
I like Finau. But he is injured, and CT is clearly ahead of him in Flanno's mind. Finau is faster than Lomax. He jumps well. But he is not even close to Lomax in strength or fitness.

I like Finau. But he is injured, and CT is clearly ahead of him in Flanno's mind.
Yes unfortunately. Ravas form needs to be monitored as he can run hot and cold. Reckon CT is the ideal replacement for him with Sione Finau to replace Zac next season. Tamale is an ideal centre but needs work on his defense first. Finau has a minor hammy problem and may only miss the one game.

Runner

Juniors
Egan too small, will be swallowed by the crop of juniors we have coming thru. Tuitavake a good prospect. Loves getting involved. Could teach his team mate Vili Fifita something about getting stuck in.
Yes that concerns me about Egan as well. His defence is sound and he is mobile but he looks relatively small.