What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ladder position

ThingFish

Juniors
Was doing some SuperCoach research yesterday and they where calculating the teams strength of schedule. Here’s the ranking they used to calculate with 16pts being the hardest team to score against and 1 being the easiest. Mind you this is the Telecrap.CD4BB0ED-23E4-4BF3-AB41-1B4508395408.png

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Was doing some SuperCoach research yesterday and they where calculating the teams strength of schedule. Here’s the ranking they used to calculate with 16pts being the hardest team to score against and 1 being the easiest. Mind you this is the Telecrap.View attachment 17542

I know we have to travel the most out of any Sydney team but I’m pretty sure the Warriors have the toughest draw in the competition. I know we had the toughest draw in the comp in 2017 though which absolutely sucked.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2017/10/19/how-tough-is-your-clubs-2018-draw/

I don’t know why Melbourne and Roosters get the easiest draws...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
https://www.nrl.com/news/2017/09/28/how-the-draw-shaped-your-teams-season/

This is also an interesting article. 2016 we had the 4th toughest draw and 2017 we had the toughest draw. They’ve given us a break this compared to the previous 2. The toughness of draws really reflects on the ladder as well. The people who get the easier draws which are numbers 8-16 generally end up in the top 8 whilst the teams that get the harder draws 7-1 end up in the bottom 8.

Of course the one outlier being Dragons having easy draws in 2016 and 2017.

Valheru

Coach
I don’t know why Melbourne and Roosters get the easiest draws...

It is because the draw is inherently unfair and until they institute a full home and away system or a system where every team plays every other team X amount of times both home and away over Y amount of years it will stay that way.

To be fair to the roosters, we did have to play every top 8 team from the previous year twice in both 2015 and 2016 so we are hardly consistent beneficiaries of the schedule.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
It is because the draw is inherently unfair and until they institute a full home and away system or a system where every team plays every other team X amount of times both home and away over Y amount of years it will stay that way.

To be fair to the roosters, we did have to play every top 8 team from the previous year twice in both 2015 and 2016 so we are hardly consistent beneficiaries of the schedule.

Yeah 2016 was obviously f**ked for you guys but I would’ve figured that the NRL would’ve tried to balance the draw out by giving the higher placed teams from the previous years harder draws rather than the warriors and the titans who are both contenders for the spoon.

I just can’t comprehend how the storm keep getting easy draws as well. I guess any team is easy for them but still.

Firstly, I need to put my hand up and own a massively incorrect prediction from last year.

I not only predicted that from dire circumstances that we were a good shot and could well make the 8 (I think we needed to win 8 from 9 at the time) .

I may have also stated that we were at lucrative odds and it was a good opportunity to load up.

If anyone followed my advice I apologise profusely If it's any consolation I also backed us the next week at even more lucrative odds when we needed to win 8 from 8 and that didn't work out either.

Lets get to this year.

I am confident we can make the 8, and if we have a bit of luck with injuries I reckon we can be knocking on the door of the top 4.

I know tonight was nowhere near a complete display, but to beat a near full strength Wigan with half our starters out injured or rested is a very good start to the year.

Even in 2012-14 we didn't seem to have depth across the park like we have with these young kids now competing for positions. It's very exciting to watch.

Just in the halves especially, the way Farah played tonight it would have been great to have a back up of that standard in the last couple of years. But he's probably third in line behind Douehi and Tracey, who are both only going to get better with gametime.

Can't wait for the season to kick off.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Firstly, I need to put my hand up and own a massively incorrect prediction from last year.

I not only predicted that from dire circumstances that we were a good shot and could well make the 8 (I think we needed to win 8 from 9 at the time) .

I may have also stated that we were at lucrative odds and it was a good opportunity to load up.

If anyone followed my advice I apologise profusely If it's any consolation I also backed us the next week at even more lucrative odds when we needed to win 8 from 8 and that didn't work out either.

Lets get to this year.

I am confident we can make the 8, and if we have a bit of luck with injuries I reckon we can be knocking on the door of the top 4.

I know tonight was nowhere near a complete display, but to beat a near full strength Wigan with half our starters out injured or rested is a very good start to the year.

Even in 2012-14 we didn't seem to have depth across the park like we have with these young kids now competing for positions. It's very exciting to watch.

Just in the halves especially, the way Farah played tonight it would have been great to have a back up of that standard in the last couple of years. But he's probably third in line behind Douehi and Tracey, who are both only going to get better with gametime.

Mate everybody in here has gotten things wrong haha none of us are footy experts we just enjoy watching and talking about Souths.

I wouldn’t be getting too excited from trial matches but it’s looking really promising. I’d be stoked if we could crack into the 8. In my opinion that’s a successful season. Definitely something to build on for 2019.

Travitoh

First Grade

Lets get to this year.

I actually really enjoyed the optimism that you provided at a dire time. It was great and while never actually believed it myself, it helped to keep the season interesting. Pessimism is easy and can be dominant in the forum so it was nice to read some positive thoughts and someone willing to get behind the team and believe in them. It's what supporting a club is about imo

Itsamansgame

Juniors
The tabloids,TV and anyone else who dares to say we are not a chance this year,great I say more the merrier.
Couldn't think of a bigger bunch of flogs who deserve a massive amount of egg on their f**ked up faces!
I have faith in our lads and believe we can give this comp a big shake,with hard work,passion and belief in yourself anything is possible,I've been to the open training sessions and the lads tick all the right boxes and Saturday night also showed that the battle for a spot in the team has never looked healthier.
So keep doubting us you fools,I don't think any of your dribble is worth a pinch of shit anyway!

Itsamansgame

Juniors
The tabloids,TV and anyone else who dares to say we are not a chance this year,great I say more the merrier.
Couldn't think of a bigger bunch of flogs who deserve a massive amount of egg on their f**ked up faces!
I have faith in our lads and believe we can give this comp a big shake,with hard work,passion and belief in yourself anything is possible,I've been to the open training sessions and the lads tick all the right boxes and Saturday night also showed that the battle for a spot in the team has never looked healthier.
So keep doubting us you fools,I don't think any of your dribble is worth a pinch of shit anyway!
f**k I LOVE THE MIGHTY RABBITOHS!!!!

themacemaceman

Juniors
The so called experts don't know shit!
The Philadelphia eagles were 40-1 to win this years Super Bowl at the beginning of the season.
Anythings possible!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Can anyone else see the sharks dropping out of the 8 this year? Their draw is really tough, their player turnover is quite significant, the teams not getting any younger and their form at the end of last year wasn’t inspiring confidence.

I thought Hodkinson was great for the knights rebuild as well but if he does go down their depth seems pretty skinny.

Travitoh

First Grade
Can anyone else see the sharks dropping out of the 8 this year? Their draw is really tough, their player turnover is quite significant, the teams not getting any younger and their form at the end of last year wasn’t inspiring confidence.

I thought Hodkinson was great for the knights rebuild as well but if he does go down their depth seems pretty skinny.

Currently i feel they'll sneak in but agree with what you are saying. They could very easily miss out

Rabbits20

Immortal

That's what I said over a month ago mate...

It was my big call on here that they'll miss the 8 and my smoky was the Knights...