What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lamb of god

AILD

Bench
kse and chimaira also have newies coming out...cant see those two putting out any thing but absolute masterpieces!! well...maybe not that good.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Huge KSE and Chimaira fan. Also of God Forbid and their new album arrives in February '09, too.

I did not hear that Chimaira was. Thank you for that news.

Although for me, my biggest excitement for 2009 will be Iron Maiden and Dream Theater.

AILD

Bench
yeah they have had a video blog up on their site the past few months during the process of making it...its pretty much done now i think...last time i checked they were just adding some finishing touches.

and Eele ive tried to get into god forbid but the vocals just put me off...dont know why.

Frailty

First Grade
Quite a few promising albums coming out in '09. Should be sweet.

But '08 had its share of brlliance:

Opeth - "Wateshed"
Scar Symmetry (the name of the album escapes me but bloody hell it's good)
Children Of Bodom - "Blooddrunk"
Kataklysm - "Prevail"
Krisiun - "Southern Storm"
Eluveitie - "Slania"

Wasn't a fan of Blooddrunk... There was nothing new about it that you couldn't hear from Are You Dead Yet?

As for Holographic Universe (the Scar Symmetry album), it is no comparison to Pitch Black Progress.

Watershed and Prevail I would strongly agree with. 2008 was a strong year in my opinion. Bloodbath's album, as well as Psycroptic's (ob)Servant are both brilliant albums.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Wasn't a fan of Blooddrunk... There was nothing new about it that you couldn't hear from Are You Dead Yet?

As for Holographic Universe (the Scar Symmetry album), it is no comparison to Pitch Black Progress.

Watershed and Prevail I would strongly agree with. 2008 was a strong year in my opinion. Bloodbath's album, as well as Psycroptic's (ob)Servant are both brilliant albums.

I agree about Scar Symmetry and COD to an extent. But I'm not a massive fan of people changing their style all the time. AC/DC hardly changed their style over the years but in my opinion it has served them well and they rule.

Children Of Bodom and Scar Symmetry are brilliant bands imo, and even with albums that offer nothing new they still write kick-ass music.

Psycroptic are absolutely genius.

Hackneyed released an album, "Death Prevails", that is f**king brutal. I love it. I think they're Aussie, too (though I could be wrong).

But yeah - 2008 was a good year for us metal fans.

braz

Juniors
I agree about Scar Symmetry and COD to an extent. But I'm not a massive fan of people changing their style all the time. AC/DC hardly changed their style over the years but in my opinion it has served them well and they rule.

Children Of Bodom and Scar Symmetry are brilliant bands imo, and even with albums that offer nothing new they still write kick-ass music.

Psycroptic are absolutely genius.

Hackneyed released an album, "Death Prevails", that is f**king brutal. I love it. I think they're Aussie, too (though I could be wrong).

But yeah - 2008 was a good year for us metal fans.

Mastodon - Crack the Skye is my most anticipated album for this year.

braz

Juniors
Mastodon - Crack the Skye is my most anticipated album for this year.

Just scored a copy of Mastodon's new single - Divinations. Bloody awesome. Not as heavy as their old stuff but that was to be expected.

These guys are gonna get friggin huge with this album I think.

Last edited:

Eelectrica

Referee
Dark Tranquility must be just about due for a new CD release this year as well. It's been a few years since the brilliant 'Fiction' CD.

Eelmatta

There coming to where I am in April with Children of Bodom, can't wait for this one it's gonna be a awesome show I'll be sore the next morning:crazy::D

Eelementary

Post Whore
Just scored a copy of Mastodon's new single - Divinations. Bloody awesome. Not as heavy as their old stuff but that was to be expected.

These guys are gonna get friggin huge with this album I think.

Mastodon guy, right here.

Also looking forward to God Forbid's upcoming album.

beave

Coach
It took me a year after the release of "Ashes of the Wake" to really appreciate LOG, for mine the guitars sounded weak as p!ss tone wise on that album, but after reading a guitar mag where they were talking about how they recorded the guitars for that album and they went with only one track per guitar apparently, I sort of understood they went for the minimilistic approach and I grew an appreciation for them. I have heard a track off the new album (Contractor) sounds absolutley stunning, cannot wait to see them at SW09 in Brissy.

God Forbid, dang I love these guys, anyone bagging Byrons vocals check him out live, he is amazing. I really dig their guitar tone, enough to actually go out and buy a peavey 6505 head a few weeks ago. Though am still waiting for the Maxon 808 overdrive to arrive in the mail, seems these Maxon bad boys are all the rage at the moment to chuck into the signal path for the high gain playing.

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
It took me a year after the release of "Ashes of the Wake" to really appreciate LOG, for mine the guitars sounded weak as p!ss tone wise on that album, but after reading a guitar mag where they were talking about how they recorded the guitars for that album and they went with only one track per guitar apparently, I sort of understood they went for the minimilistic approach and I grew an appreciation for them. I have heard a track off the new album (Contractor) sounds absolutley stunning, cannot wait to see them at SW09 in Brissy.

God Forbid, dang I love these guys, anyone bagging Byrons vocals check him out live, he is amazing. I really dig their guitar tone, enough to actually go out and buy a peavey 6505 head a few weeks ago. Though am still waiting for the Maxon 808 overdrive to arrive in the mail, seems these Maxon bad boys are all the rage at the moment to chuck into the signal path for the high gain playing.

Compared to other vocalists in the genre, I reckon Byron isn't really up there with the best. But he's good.

But their guitar work is very good imo.

And Lamb Of God...Awesome band. Just...Sweet.