What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Langlands charged with child sex offences

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Biting, kicking, dog shotting and cheating should stop that wank pheasant from immortality off morality is now an issue

He wasn't even the best fullback in his generation, only the least injured, he'd be forgotten of he'd had the injuries the great Snake had
Lots of vitriol in that post.

So much so that there's now a sulphuric acid shortage in Cherry Poppins' area....

Saxon

Bench
they're kidding then
what possible evidence could have have from 35 years ago except her statement
there were no electronic devices etc to back up anything she may have told the police

you can't obtain a conviction without either a guilty plea or the finding of a jury or judge
he can't plea ... some people are saying he can barely talk.
so thats out , meaning there can't be a trial for the other 2 options
so no conviction is possible

to charge anyone under these circumstances is an utter disgrace
he is defencless against these allegations
that is a travisty & not even remotely fair

And yet here we are.

And Brett Stewart spent $2 million on a defence based on trashing the reputation of a girl and her father. If there are skeletons, I'm tipping they are buried closer to Manly than Melbourne.
Trololol i happened to follow the case

Nice attempt at muck raking

Raiderdave

First Grade
And yet here we are.

Yes we are
I hope solicitors representing the Langlands family are merciless in their condemnation of the QLD DPP for pursuing this.
A sporting legends reputation has been trashed & he will never be convicted of anything
so how in gods name is that in the publics interest!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yes we are
I hope solicitors representing the Langlands family are merciless in their condemnation of the QLD DPP for pursuing this.
A sporting legends reputation has been trashed & he will never be convicted of anything
Perhaps they might have been more merciless in seeking suppression of the case given the circumstances? I certainly agree that this has trashed Langlands' reputation but I cannot agree with the remainder of your summation.

Either way to suggest that accusations of historic child sex abuse are "not in the public interest" is bizarre and to suggest the DPP not investigate is just f**ked up.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Yes we are
Rightio......are you serious?

Because a person is "famous" does not give them immunity from the law with regards of their health status or otherwise.

In this case, a woman has lived with this alleged assault for 35 years and kept it bottled up. What effect it has had on her, nobody knows.

I just hope you don't have children under the age of 16.....

.....better still, no children at all.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Perhaps they might have been more merciless in seeking suppression of the case given the circumstances? I certainly agree that this has trashed Langlands' reputation but I cannot agree with the remainder of your summation.

Either way to suggest that accusations of historic child sex abuse are "not in the public interest" is bizarre and to suggest the DPP not investigate is just f**ked up.

no
whats f**ked up is the accused can't even answer the allegations , he has a right to do that & this should have been taken into account when laying the charges
he will have no opportunity to defend himself .. or , even plead guilty to them because he can't f**king remember what happened 2 minutes ago let alone 35 years ago
just because a now adult women claims something happened way back when doesn't mean it did & it is a basic human right to have the presumption of innocence
Changa can't ever be proven guilty .. or innocent of the charges so what possible outcome would the DPP be looking for here ? How couldn't they work out that there won't even be a plea to the charges &
they should have simply told the women that charging Langlands would be a pointless exercise
because he'll never be convicted of anything.
Life has dealt Changa a tough hand anyway & maybe its Karma , IDK
the only positive for Changa is that this horrendous disease will ensure hes not aware of any of this

a ridiculous decision by the QLD DPP
lacking any humanity & if they are the defenders of justice in that state then god help all of you

Raiderdave

First Grade
Rightio......are you serious?

Because a person is "famous" does not give them immunity from the law with regards of their health status or otherwise.

In this case, a woman has lived with this alleged assault for 35 years and kept it bottled up. What effect it has had on her, nobody knows.

I just hope you don't have children under the age of 16.....

.....better still, no children at all.

hahahahahah
no , are you serious ?
you are typical of the morons in our society who have no concept of the idea that just because someone is charged with something they are.. NOT .. guilty.. immediately even when it child sex charges !! A court decides that
not the complainent , not the police , not the DPP.
Changa has a basic human right to the presumption of innocence & a further right to answer the allegations
but his medical condition dictates .. he can't meaning he should never have been charged.

its alleged , a women has kept this bottled up for 35 years ... alleged
a court of law would have determined if the allegation was proven
that can't happen here so Im sorry , a pointless exercise.

Latest posts