What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leilua Gets a start!

John moz

Juniors
Congratulations mate you are officially a NRL player after tonights game .Big future in the big red v .

RedVDragon

Juniors
If our drunken so called recruitment team allow Leilua to go then us supporters need to reenact the running of the bulls and chase those useless so wankers away and out of sight.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Great first game in not favourable conditions for the big guy.
Made a few errors and a couple of times was out of position, but overall impressive.

This guys signature should already be wet on a long term Dragons contract.

Millward I'm sure one of us on here would lend you a pen, just in case you lost yours!!!!!

mobels

Juniors
Host I am sure he would make a competent FG player but Leilua he's a potential game breaker in the forwards like we have not had since......a long time

Host should be molded into a middle player at Lock or Prop, he's been playing Prop/Lock almost all his life and should come off the bench for us. Leilua must stay in the side and come of the bench in an x-factor type role.

Next year our bench should be looking like:
14. Leilua
15. Host
16. Sims
17. Masoe

Which is a pretty sizable bench which in my opinion will provide quite a big impact.

Minh

First Grade
Host should be molded into a middle player at Lock or Prop, he's been playing Prop/Lock almost all his life and should come off the bench for us. Leilua must stay in the side and come of the bench in an x-factor type role.

Next year our bench should be looking like:
14. Leilua
15. Host
16. Sims
17. Masoe

Which is a pretty sizable bench which in my opinion will provide quite a big impact.
That's a powerful bench...

nrlnrl

First Grade
Wonderful debut for a 20-year-old forward against a very experienced pack. He didn't back down in his hit-ups, wasn't overawed & showed his ball skills with some nice touches & one superb offload to Widdop. I was pleasantly surprised at the number of minutes he played & applaud our coaching staff for this approach.

Obvious move to re-sign him, the natural ability was evident, but he proved he could slot & play meaning minutes without showing any nerves. Encouragement rather than too much expectation is important in his development, but geez it was pleasing to see him get involved & showcase his ability.

Minh

First Grade
The thing that impressed me the most was his crisp passing, geez that's some soft hands for a giant of a young man....

getsmarty

Immortal
Why did we bother Signing Sims and Thompson. Just keep Host and Leilua. We have no ball playing back rowers and this kid is going to be a star. I fear after tonight there will be plenty of clubs after him.

P.S Why would we be linked to tony Williams when we have this kid in our own backyard??? Give him Tony's money.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Hopefully by noon Friday we can chamge the title of this thread to:

Leilua gets a contract! (with the Dragons)

SaintPauli

Juniors
Luciano and Mose can break not just bend the line and offload. Love to see them both play a long season next year. Why the delay signing Luciano?

Our juniors
Aitkin
Milne
Leilua
Host
Mann fairly young
have all been the shining light in recent outings in what has been a Woefull year.

Get Dufty out there too.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Why did we bother Signing Sims and Thompson. Just keep Host and Leilua. We have no ball playing back rowers and this kid is going to be a star. I fear after tonight there will be plenty of clubs after him.

P.S Why would we be linked to tony Williams when we have this kid in our own backyard??? Give him Tony's money.
Spot on

nrlnrl

First Grade

To be fair to our club, Paul McGregor said it the other day & what everyone on here realises. There are numerous players linked to our club that are just fodder for rumours in various forms of media. They come via the player manager to a mate or more in the media to create interest & a false bidding 'war'. Tony Williams has been shopped around, but no-one is biting because of the asking price. It wasn't a co-incidence his form improved around the time of the bidding 'war'.

These days it's even easier with social media that doesn't even require a real name to it. It can be to spark the interest or be timed to add to it. Meanwhile, the club is unaware of the so-called interest & it can have a de-stabilising effect on the players who share the same position as the alleged target for the club.

dragon thomo

Juniors
I agree with the comment that the soft hands this young fellow has is very good. He has the tallent to pass before the line or offload after hitting it. I just wish that our half back had the same tallent .

drago brelli

Bench
If the Dragons dropped Leilua, Host, Sele, Thompson and Dufty back to the 20s now they could win that comp. There's a qualification rule that has to be met.