What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Less Then 50 Days to Go

emjaycee

Coach
We are now only 49 days until kick-off in round 1 and apart from the outcome of Semi's court case our squad seems settled.
What are your thoughts on the quality of the team BA has assembled and what is your pick for the 17 for Round 1?

I give our recruitment a solid 8.5/10 with the only gap probably a recognised number 9. BA likes both Isaac and Kaysa so hopefully he sees them fitting into his plans and we wont find ourselves regretting not chasing another dummy half during the off season.

My Round 1, 17 is:
1. Bevan
2. Semi (Auva'a if Semi ruled out)
3. Jenko
4. Taka
5. The Hoff
6. Gunco
7. Norman
8. Mannah
9. DeGois
10. Matagi
11. Tepai
12. Manu
13. Scott
14. Kaysa
15. Kenny
16. Frank
17. Vave

84 Baby

Referee
I like how most people have pencilled in Auvaa as Semi's conviction contingency.

Plus is Nathan Brown going to get injured before round 1? Otherwise how is he missing out behind Matagi, Vulve or the tank?

strider

Post Whore
Brrowns a cert for top 17 ... vave and matagi to fight out 17th spot ... and i wanna see frank in action before he claims a definite spot

bartman

Immortal
I agree emjycee, and give our recruitment a 9/10 with the only gap in our squad being an additional 6/7/9 (which I expect will come in 2018).

My Round 1 lineup prediction is:
1. Bevan
2. Auva'a (I suspect Semi is a goner...)
3. M. Jennings
4. Takairangi
5. Hoffman
6. Guntherson
7. Norman
8. Mannah (c)
9. DeGois
10. Matagi
11. Tepai
12. Manu
13. Scott (c)
14. Edwards (unless he faces court earlier...)
15. F. Pritchard
16. Brown
17. Vave (unless injured as per IBB&Gs post above...)
18. K. Pricthard
19. Terepo
20. Alvaro

strider

Post Whore
I agree emjycee, and give our recruitment a 9/10 with the only gap in our squad being an additional 6/7/9 (which I expect will come in 2018).

My Round 1 lineup prediction is:
1. Bevan
2. Auva'a (I suspect Semi is a goner...)
3. M. Jennings
4. Takairangi
5. Hoffman
6. Guntherson
7. Norman
8. Mannah (c)
9. DeGois
10. Matagi
11. Tepai
12. Manu
13. Scott (c)
14. Edwards (unless he faces court earlier...)
15. F. Pritchard
16. Brown
17. Vave (unless injured as per IBB&Gs post above...)
18. K. Pricthard
19. Terepo
20. Alvaro

LOL ... look out timmy's back in the starting team

strider

Post Whore
Yeah i reckon matagi will play ... and agree with emjaycee that he will likely start with mannah .... injured or not i reckon vave is most likely to miss out .... of course its still 49 fkn days away and injuries will happen, so who the f**k knows

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The cricket has been giving me the blood turds. Full of nuffies playing a game of nuffball that about 17 people give a shit about.

It's going to be a long 49 days before we see the NRL.

emjaycee

Coach
I probably should have put Brown into the 17 but was struggling to fit some of the forwards in already given the depth BA has put together in the middle forwards. I reckon we will see Tep start out wide and then join the middle forward rotation with Mannah, Matagi and either Vave or Brown and I simply went with Vave because of his size.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Arthur's brought some size into the squad but that doesn't mean he'll throw them all into the 17. He has addressed a deficiency with these signings but I suspect he will stick with his coaching philosophy and fill his pack with a majority of (smaller) hard workers. Brown and Fritchard are certainties, and Matagi and Vave will be fighting for one spot in the 17. IMO.

The backline is obvious.

8. Fritchard/Vave/Matagi
9. De Gois
10. Mannah
11. Ma'u
12. Moeroa
13. Scott
14. Kritchard
15. Edwards
16. Brown
17. Fritchard/Vave/Matagi

T.S Quint

Coach
I'd give our recruitment and retention a solid 'B'.
Arthur recognised some deficiencies in our squad and filled the holes quite well.
If we could have signed a decent hooker or halfback then we could have gotten an 'A+'.

hindy111

Post Whore
Matagi is 100% Brown more suited to backrow.

8 Mannah
9 De gois
10 Matagi
11 Manu
12 Scott
13 Tepai
14Kaysa
15Frank
16 Vae/Terepo
17 Brown

I am leaving KE out for first 2-3 rounds due to perhaps a punishment for his domestic violence charge. Chance are by time back KE takes an injured forwards spot. Its rare you have your pack 100% so 18th man will still get over 16 games.

Being hot i can see Vae starting in Wenty if fitness doesnt improve and Terepo has done not a lot wrong to lose spot.

hindy111

Post Whore
And Tepai must step up cause if Vae is fit Terepo on form desrves the spot in 17. I do expect Tepai by end of year to be in our top 3 forwards thou, city country and talked for nsw in 2018. Massive potential buy time to put it into action.

surfer1

Juniors
I dont want Semi in the 17. I know he has been and may continue to be a matchwinner but I cannot believe with the court case his father's illness and his signing that his mind could possibly be on the game at hand. Better to play a winger who will last all winter.

Latest posts