What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Less Then 50 Days to Go

T.S Quint

Coach
I want Semi in the team.
As long as he is able to play for us I want him there. Best winger in the sport - I want to win some f**king games this year!

Chipmunk

Coach
Matagi is 100% Brown more suited to backrow.

8 Mannah
9 De gois
10 Matagi
11 Manu
12 Scott
13 Tepai
14Kaysa
15Frank
16 Vae/Terepo
17 Brown

I am leaving KE out for first 2-3 rounds due to perhaps a punishment for his domestic violence charge. Chance are by time back KE takes an injured forwards spot. Its rare you have your pack 100% so 18th man will still get over 16 games.

Being hot i can see Vae starting in Wenty if fitness doesnt improve and Terepo has done not a lot wrong to lose spot.

If there is any punishment for Edwards issue then forget him for the season.

fanool

Juniors
I'd play it safe and start Robson with Gutherson at fullback. French to Wenty or to replace Semi.

Imagine a spine of French, Gutho, Norman and Pritchard!

As exciting as it sounds we need someone sensible in there & Robbo is the best proven option for round 1.

Also I think Gutho can significantly contribute in attack from fullback. He played extremely well at the backend of last year but we had nothing to lose then.

I think Gutho is our best fullback option but not our best half option.

emjaycee

Coach
25 days until kick-off for our round 1 game versus Manly and based on the Nines, I have made only 1 change to my predicted 17 for round 1.

1. Bevan
2. Semi (Auva'a if Semi ruled out)
3. Jenko
4. Taka
5. The Hoff
6. Gunco
7. Norman
8. Mannah
9. DeGois
10. Matagi
11. Tepai
12. Manu
13. Scott
14. Kaysa
15. Kenny
16. Frank
17. Brown (replaces Vave)

strider

Post Whore
25 days until kick-off for our round 1 game versus Manly and based on the Nines, I have made only 1 change to my predicted 17 for round 1.

1. Bevan
3. Jenko
4. Taka
5. The Hoff
6. Gunco
7. Norman
8. Mannah
9. DeGois
10. Matagi
11. Tepai
12. Manu
13. Scott
14. Kaysa
15. Kenny
16. Frank
Agree 100%

emjaycee

Coach
Will Frank rotate as a prop ?

I think the middle forward rotation will be Mannah, Brown, Matagi, Frank, Scott and Tepai (after Kenny comes on out wide). Ma'u will play 80 mins and once Tep will start on the left, be replaced by Kenny and then join the middle rotation.

Forty20

First Grade

1. Bevan
3. Jenko
4. Taka
5. The Hoff
6. Gunco
7. Norman
8. Mannah
9. DeGois
10. Matagi
11. Tepai
12. Manu
13. Scott
14. Kaysa
15. Kenny
16. Frank

1. French
2. Radradra
3. M.Jennings
4. Takairangi
5. Hoffman
6. Gutherson
7. Norman
8. Mannah
9. DeGois
10. Matagi
11. Moeroa
12. Ma'u
13. Scott
14. Brown
15. Edwards
16. F.Pritchard
17. ???

Schulte and G.Jennings locked in a tussle for first drop winger. Auva'a as our first drop centre while I can only imagine form at Wenty will win out for our depth forwards.

This is how I see it currently. An interchange hooker seems like an obvious fit for the final place on the bench but I don't think it is an open and shut scenario. Brown did a pretty tidy job of spelling King at dummy half in the Nines (looked far more natural than Kenny Edwards there) and could be an option to perform a similar role in first grade if required. It isn't ideal but neither is running two hookers in general given how few and precious interchanges are now.

Running four forwards from the bench might be pretty appealing on a match up basis as well - especially once Vave is raring to go.

strider

Post Whore
I actually thought Tuha went ok in the 9s ... I know its different, but he seemed to communicate well in defense on the wing ... he's not that well off vertically tho

I just dont know if we have anyone capable of being a 80 minute #9 to allow us to have a 4 man big bench

lingard

Coach
I'd play it safe and start Robson with Gutherson at fullback. French to Wenty or to replace Semi.

Imagine a spine of French, Gutho, Norman and Pritchard!

As exciting as it sounds we need someone sensible in there & Robbo is the best proven option for round 1.

Also I think Gutho can significantly contribute in attack from fullback. He played extremely well at the backend of last year but we had nothing to lose then.

I think Gutho is our best fullback option but not our best half option.

You make a good point about the relative inexperience of our 'spine'. But French is way too good to play for Wenty. Gutho would make a good fullback, for sure (and I have great concerns about him as a half). I quite like the idea of Robson at half for a while. Robson at half would also help French at fullback, I think. A few weeks ago I was doubtful about French at fullback, but after the nines and the indigenous game, I'm thinking he's progressing nicely. He needs to be tried at fullback now. I still think next year will be our big year - this year is a year to experiment a bit with positions and to work out exactly what recruitment we need for an all out assault on the premiership next year. Because right now we don't know.

emjaycee

Coach
If (when) we start playing September finals footy later this year, don't be suprised if Robbo gets thrown the 9 jersey.

Experience for finals footy will be important and is different to rounds 1-26.

Pazza

First Grade
French
Hoffman
Takarangi
Jennings
Radradra
Gutherson
Norman
Mannah
De Gois
Matagi
Mau
Scott
Brown

Edwards
Moeroa
Pritchard
Alvaro

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If (when) we start playing September finals footy later this year, don't be suprised if Robbo gets thrown the 9 jersey.

Experience for finals footy will be important and is different to rounds 1-26.
I think De Gois has finals experience too.