What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Levi a Knight until at least 2020

Pedge1971

First Grade
Brown certainly has the young blokes bought in. He promised cultural change and he is at least delivering that even if on field results are not improved as fast as some would hope.

Knight76

Juniors
Glad we have locked up Levi.

Happy with what Brown has done so far given his starting position.

Yosh

Coach
Great news. I hope he expands his game a little more. He is more the Buderus mold than Cam Smith mold right?

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
At 21 I have seen enough of Levi to believe there is plenty of upside to his game. Good deal. I am sure the dollar value isn't overs either.

slotmachine

First Grade
Great news. I hope he expands his game a little more. He is more the Buderus mold than Cam Smith mold right?

He's neither. He's more like Isaac Luke-lite without the kicking game, loves running the ball. Although he doesn't do it as much in firsts as U/20s yet.

Glendale

Juniors
Obvious to say we haven't seen anywhere near the best of him yet. He has big potential. Struggled greatly with a back injury and the minutes and resposibility in a key role that really wasn't fair on him at that age. Now he has had back surgery he is improving game by game. Hes got an elite running game, I'm pretty sure in one of his seasons in under 20s he got about 20 tries in the season from hooker and might have gone close to topping the metres run count. That's the part of his game we haven't seen much of in firstgrade yet.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Obvious to say we haven't seen anywhere near the best of him yet. He has big potential. Struggled greatly with a back injury and the minutes and resposibility in a key role that really wasn't fair on him at that age. Now he has had back surgery he is improving game by game. Hes got an elite running game, I'm pretty sure in one of his seasons in under 20s he got about 20 tries in the season from hooker and might have gone close to topping the metres run count. That's the part of his game we haven't seen much of in firstgrade yet.

I never noticed before (just taking his contribution for granted), but last week with Burhur starting i felt like we were missing a lot of strike power from Dummyhalf that we had shown in the previous weeks. And as soon as Levi came on, he stepped it up for us...

(nothing against Jamie; i think he is a brilliant backrower and a solid dummyhalf)

The one thing you really have to praise Brown for is his focus on the spine (1 - Ponga, 6 - Bird, 7 - ?, 9 - Levi, 14 - Kostjasent). He is the first coach here since Joey left to go out and focus on putting together a great playmaking outfit.

All the rest either seemed to worship at the alter of the Local Boizzzz or have a fetish for outside backs and wide-running backrowers....

Yosh

Coach
He's neither. He's more like Isaac Luke-lite without the kicking game, loves running the ball. Although he doesn't do it as much in firsts as U/20s yet.

Hopefully he adds a good little grubber to his game. Those grubbers out of dummy half in the opposition 20 are a deadly option to have. Halves on either side of the ruck, defenders don't know which way it'll go, boom hooker puts in the grubber behind when no one expects it. Gold that.

perverse

Referee
I think if you get Levi running off the back of a few props that can get over the advantage line + a quick PTB, you'll see his running game explode. He doesn't get many fantastic chances to run at the moment, but he runs anyway. The Saifitis have a lot of work to do on playing the game at pace and with urgency - really I think they just need someone better than them in the team to motivate them when on the field.

Spot On

Coach
I'm a fan of all that but I'd love to see a decent kicking game as well. Newcastle rakes just don't kick. Gives me the shits.

perverse

Referee
I'm a fan of all that but I'd love to see a decent kicking game as well. Newcastle rakes just don't kick. Gives me the shits.
Yeah, I don't get it. There's certain qualities that run through our team over a very long period, longer than any 1 staff member or player has been here.

Knight76

Juniors
The Saifitis have a lot of work to do on playing the game at pace and with urgency - really I think they just need someone better than them in the team to motivate them when on the field.

They are young but are our main forwards. I'm struggling to see them amounting to much personally.

If they don't have the drive now to be ripping in to defensive lines, I can't see it magically materializing in future.

Sad to say it, but I can see them being around where they are now long term.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Forwards don't hit their prime until mid to late 20s. The saifitis are still eligible for U20s this season. I don't know how you can possibly say that they won't get any better.

What have you seen from them that makes you think this? Not many forwards have mastered every facet of their game at 20.

Pedge1971

First Grade
No thats true. It's just my opinion of them. I look forward to being proven wrong.

They need to be coming off the back fence and hitting it up with more pace and aggression. They just seem to trundle up and even then they make yards and are difficult to pull down. They frustrate me a little as they could be so much more impactful. Maybe it will come with a few more pre seasons. Here is hoping.

Latest posts