What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logos are geting worse

Which are the best club logos re representing their area or heritage, or marketing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loudstrat

Coach
Storm makes sense in terms of shitty weather in Melbourne.
Although there are more storms on the east coast I think, the weather down there is mainly rain and drizzle isnt it?

The original jersey was quite clever, with the lighting bolt V design. Progressively getting worse though. Their white away jersey was abysmal - like a bloody T shirt. Brisbane's wasnt much better. Yet the Warriors white away from a few years ago was fantastic - probably the best jersey in the comp at the time.

Broncos & Titans is hands down the worst. "Americanism" at it's finest. It's a Brumbie FFS.
Totally true. Cowboys is also americanised. So does "Raiders", although there was clever reasoning behind it, and they linked to the Viking well -even though there is no sea anywhere near the place!

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Wasn't the Gold Coast side originally going to be called the Dolphins, but there was some kind of clash with the Redcliffe Dolphins?

Shame as Dolphins would have been a great name, much better than Titans.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Pirates merchandise sales are going to be throgh the roof!

Nice looking ball:

557848_386313494764951_755427847_n.jpg

This is the work of the guy responsible for most of the logos in the NRL, John Gearman is his name

523904_365368153530509_576609378_n.jpg

Chook Norris

First Grade
I'm not a psychic.. but i'm getting positive vibes between the Pirates and Mcdonalds in terms of kiddies promotions..

cv8z

Juniors
I'm not a psychic.. but i'm getting positive vibes between the Pirates and Mcdonalds in terms of kiddies promotions..

Or possibly captain featherword getting a gig as their mascot
The marketing possibilities are endless

lturner

Juniors
Canterbury have a good logo but it would look better if they had the full V and put Canterbury-Bankstown instead of Bulldogs on there.

canterbury_logo.png

Evenflow

Bench
Storm makes sense in terms of shitty weather in Melbourne.

Only in Sydney can they have a crack at another city's weather when they have almost twice annual rain as Melbourne yet only have 6 less mean rain days a year than Melbourne :crazy:

:lol:

firechild

First Grade
Ok the bird exists but when was the last time someone saw one in Manlt

They still nest on North Head and it's not all that uncommon to see them in different areas of the Northern Beaches. Are you really that geniused that you want to argue a point that you clearly know nothing about?

_snafu_

Immortal
I like the current Bulldogs logo. The one it replaced looked like Moffo blew a load in the dog's face...

canterbury_bulldogs_logo.jpg

Pierced Soul

First Grade
But then again has anyone seen a Panther in Penrith?

every few years some numnut calls the paper to tell of a big black cat sighting around the mountains.

I like the current Bulldogs logo. The one it replaced looked like Moffo blew a load in the dog's face...

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm liking the merch i've seen from the pirates so far. yes it may be aimed at the younger generation, but using a skull and crossbones as a logo means they'll be able to make up some seriously cool looking stuff for the older crowd as well

that pirates shirt posted back a few pages is more interesting than any current teams t shirts. where can i get one?

Loudstrat

Coach
I have to agree, the badge looks great.

sp00052687-image.jpg

Still, they had one of the great jerseys in 95. They didnt need to change their heritage, they already had a good one. They have a lot of work to do to get near this:

226244-western-reds.jpg

Interesting though, the reason behind the change, given Perth Reds' years of rubbish about the "success" of the Reds.

http://www.sen.com.au/display-article/Pirates-hoist-NRL-expansion-flag/45439
"We did a lot of the research into the Reds and just over 50 percent of the marketplace provided a negative response to the Reds and associated them with failure," he said.
Failure. :lol::lol::lol:

Classic glass half empty attitude. I'm sure if they did market research into the Bulldogs logo 98% would associate them with scum! Doesnt mean they should change though.

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach

The Perth Pedoes :lol:

Only in Sydney can they have a crack at another city's weather when they have almost twice annual rain as Melbourne yet only have 6 less mean rain days a year than Melbourne :crazy:

:lol:

Rain is good. Shitty days are not.

Besides, in those Antarctic latitudes there is never any evaporation so the place always looks miserable.

Either way you put it.............

Jetcruiser-Sydney-Harbour-300x200.jpg
>>>>>>
princes_bridge_yarra_river_melbourne_victoria_australia_photo_hamilton_lund1-300x2431-200x200.jpg

Anyway, whats with the stupid square head on the Storm logo?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Classic glass half empty attitude. I'm sure if they did market research into the Bulldogs logo 98% would associate them with scum! Doesnt mean they should change though.

i can understand where they're coming from, they want a new start, i mean GC didnt want to be the seagulls, or chargers or giants or whatever else they were once called, it allows them to leave behind the baggage of previous administrations.

I liked the name 'Reds' but in reality they werent around long enough for it to develop any heritage or legacy

shoulda called em the dingoes

Perth Red

Post Whore
And for those of you doubting the link for WA and Piracy. Aisde from the Batavia incident (which admittedly was more mutiny than piracy but still) we had one of our very own Pirates in the 1800's, in fact Australia's olny known Pirate....

Captain Black Jack Anderson!
Ruthless, murderous and cruel yet charismatic and passionate, Black Jack Anderson ruled the islands and waters off WA's Recherche Archipelago in the early 1800s.
He is Australia's only known pirate, yet the story of his life and crimes is little known outside of Esperance, the south coast town closest to Anderson's hunting ground.
WA archaeologists, who went to Middle Island - the biggest island in the archipelago - during a recent expedition to the remote area, surveyed what is believed to have been Anderson's cave in a bay on the south side of the island.
Facing open ocean that stretches to Antarctica, "Black Jack's bay" can only be accessed in good weather, conditions that are not common in the wild Southern Ocean.
The limestone cave, which leads to chambers and tunnels that go deep into the ridge, is the perfect place for a pirate to hide his loot, as local legend has it.
Anderson was an American who came to Australia as his countrymen and Europeans hunted for seals and whales in the bountiful Southern Ocean.
He roamed the waters around Middle Island, robbing passing boats and ships. Anderson was reported to have killed local Aboriginal people and kidnapped women to live with, and serve, him and his followers.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/newshome/13261039/in-search-of-pirate-black-jack/