What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long article summary

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
i dont think madge is going anywhere hmmmm maybe talakai will be in the forwards next year??madge cant be that dumb to put him in the centres again surely not??hopefully madge learnt the errors of his ways cody has to be 5/8 every game once inglis is back...gagai will partner hunt in the centres unless i can dream of dylan walker coming home to partner gagai wouldnt that be perfectttttttttt...Shadow...

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
no candy coating over here i tell it how it should be fug mediocrity this is alarmingly serious now our team is shiiithouse 14th fug me im livid:mad:...Shadow...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
We have has beens in Tyrrell and Clark though plus Turner has downspiralled and look at the twins......

Burns and Jennings are rookies....

Gray and AR are made of glass....

When we won in 2014 turner, Clark, Tyrell and the twins were all in the side.

We had much classier outside backs and halves though however.

To me that suggests that there's a serious problem within the camp. The twins have been the biggest disappointment of 2017. I don't know what's going on with them but we really need them to fire if we're gonna have a chance you know?

Next year Souths need to stick with a spine. I like

1. GI
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
9. Cook

However I could deal with Gagai or AJ playing at fullback if GI wants to play in the centres.

Some big talking points for the off season need to be about Farah/cook, Sutton and strengthening our outside backs.

I don't believe we can continue on with both Farah and cook in the squad. I know who id be getting rid of as he is approaching retirement.

Sutton and fui can share the second row role but he should go no where near 5/8th ever...

Gagai is a good signing but we need at least 2 more outside backs who can run 100+ metres to help out our forwards who don't run any metres! Hunt needs to improve on his running game next season as well because he could be the next auva'a in a year or two more of development.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Between 1990 and 2006 Souths had terrible results

Between 2007 and 2014 Souths had a proper talent scout in Mark Hughes. The results got better and better each season until they won the premiership

Souths got rid of their proper talent scout in 2014 and since then the head of recruitment has been the former U20s coach and the former CEO in Richo. Results have gone back to terrible as they were in 1990 to 2006

It is not rocket science. Recruitment is No 1 and Souths need to appoint a talent scout with an eye for talent. Anything else will see a return to the dark days of 1990 to 2006. If this is not fixed ASAP then Crichton will leave Souths as he will want to play for premierships not spoons

Rabbits20

Immortal
When we won in 2014 turner, Clark, Tyrell and the twins were all in the side.

We had much classier outside backs and halves though however.

To me that suggests that there's a serious problem within the camp. The twins have been the biggest disappointment of 2017. I don't know what's going on with them but we really need them to fire if we're gonna have a chance you know?

Next year Souths need to stick with a spine. I like

1. GI
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
9. Cook

However I could deal with Gagai or AJ playing at fullback if GI wants to play in the centres.

Some big talking points for the off season need to be about Farah/cook, Sutton and strengthening our outside backs.

I don't believe we can continue on with both Farah and cook in the squad. I know who id be getting rid of as he is approaching retirement.

Sutton and fui can share the second row role but he should go no where near 5/8th ever...

Gagai is a good signing but we need at least 2 more outside backs who can run 100+ metres to help out our forwards who don't run any metres! Hunt needs to improve on his running game next season as well because he could be the next auva'a in a year or two more of development.
Clark, Tyrrell and Turner imo have all declined..... FACT.... just like the twins.....

I like that spine..... we'd better not persist with Farah....

Yep Sutto off the bench......

That's what I meant about the potential Kahu signing, he is not the right fit to do the shit work or a metre eater..........

Correct re Hunt. I have been saying that for ages.....

Rabbits20

Immortal

Between 2007 and 2014 Souths had a proper talent scout in Mark Hughes. The results got better and better each season until they won the premiership

Souths got rid of their proper talent scout in 2014 and since then the head of recruitment has been the former U20s coach and the former CEO in Richo. Results have gone back to terrible as they were in 1990 to 2006

It is not rocket science. Recruitment is No 1 and Souths need to appoint a talent scout with an eye for talent. Anything else will see a return to the dark days of 1990 to 2006. If this is not fixed ASAP then Crichton will leave Souths as he will want to play for premierships not spoons
Great post......

Liberate Souths

Juniors

Mark was always good to members and if you knew players and their personal circumstances he would consider what you had to report.

But he also insisted on positivity and so forth.

There would have been no 21 without Mark Hughes.

doyen

Bench
Clark, Tyrrell and Turner imo have all declined..... FACT.... just like the twins.....

I like that spine..... we'd better not persist with Farah....

Yep Sutto off the bench......

That's what I meant about the potential Kahu signing, he is not the right fit to do the shit work or a metre eater..........

Correct re Hunt. I have been saying that for ages.....

It's very difficult to name one player in our system who's improved in the past few years--if there's one I can't see him--IMO,they've all gone backwards to some degree!!!

Bunnies_Pride

Juniors
It's very difficult to name one player in our system who's improved in the past few years--if there's one I can't see him--IMO,they've all gone backwards to some degree!!!
Cody Walker
Angus Chricton
Tryell Fuimiano
Zane Musgrove
Cam Murray
Hymel Hunt
Braidon Burns is getting better

doyen

Bench
Cody Walker
Angus Chricton
Tryell Fuimiano
Zane Musgrove
Cam Murray
Hymel Hunt
Braidon Burns is getting better

I was thinking more of the players who have been on board longish term.

Who knows what will happen to the ones you list if exposed to Madge's coaching for too long!

There is already evidence of Walker being mucked around!