What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU Arsenal Brigade II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrone Biggums

Juniors
Thierry Henry at White Hart Lane you say? Here's hoping for a repeat of...

henry-celebrates-against-spurs.jpg

cleary89

Coach
A few papers reporting that Theo has re-entered contract negotiations. The first of such talks since August and is based around the lengthening of contracts of our British core - Jenkinson, Ox, Wilshere, Ramsey and Gibbs. Who says that Arsenal don't play British players?

Decent display against Reading, although I was disappointed with conceding two fairly scrappy goals. A more energetic and hungry performance from all involved though. I thought Ox was much better than he has been in previous games. Hopefully this will result in The Forehead being left on the bench until the ACON.

Regarding potential January signings, I'm not expecting any. Anything would be nice, but I won't waste any effort, or get my hopes up speculating. However, if Thierry signs again I'll most likely break a leg from doing eight backflips across my living room. I should be at The Emirates for the game against Everton on 9/3 (am dying to get a ticket to Wh*te Hart Lane on the 1/3 as well, Twizzle?), and seeing Thierry, the very reason why I support Arsenal, playing in the flesh would be beyond words.

Craigslist is your friend for tickets. Obv some dodgy people but just do face to face exchange and you'll be right.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
A few papers reporting that Theo has re-entered contract negotiations. The first of such talks since August and is based around the lengthening of contracts of our British core - Jenkinson, Ox, Wilshere, Ramsey and Gibbs. Who says that Arsenal don't play British players?

Decent display against Reading, although I was disappointed with conceding two fairly scrappy goals. A more energetic and hungry performance from all involved though. I thought Ox was much better than he has been in previous games. Hopefully this will result in The Forehead being left on the bench until the ACON.

Regarding potential January signings, I'm not expecting any. Anything would be nice, but I won't waste any effort, or get my hopes up speculating. However, if Thierry signs again I'll most likely break a leg from doing eight backflips across my living room. I should be at The Emirates for the game against Everton on 9/3 (am dying to get a ticket to Wh*te Hart Lane on the 1/3 as well, Twizzle?), and seeing Thierry, the very reason why I support Arsenal, playing in the flesh would be beyond words.

good luck mate, hope you have a ball

we may let you into WHL if you behave

BunniesMan

Immortal
Extended Wilshere, AOC, Ramsey, Gibbs and Jenko. Hopefully we can add Walcott to that list soon.

In January I'd like a backup LB, a replacement for Sagna, a midfielder in the Fellaini mould and a goalscorer like Demba Ba or David Villa.

In more current news, Champions League draw tonight. Our possible draws in order starting from who I most want:

Malaga
Dortmund
PSG
Juventus
Bayern
Barcelona

Bet we get Barca.

Tyrone Biggums

Juniors
I don't want Fellaini. He's been awesome this season, but that's playing at CAM. We've got a few decent options there already.

His move further up the field has worked wonders for Everton but his time at CDM wasn't really anything to write home about imo. He was good, but not worth how much Everton are going to ask for.

I actually think if he was going to go to a big team to play CAM he would flop.

The 15 or 20 mill we would have to spend to get him would be better spent on Diame for 4, Capoue for ~10 and Ba for 7 i reckon.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Craigslist is your friend for tickets. Obv some dodgy people but just do face to face exchange and you'll be right.

Didn't even think of that, cheers.

My departure date was based around the Sp*rs game - Mrs wasn't too impressed, but thankfully she understands. Even if I can watch it at a Gooner pub it'll be incredible.

Twizz, what are the odds of wandering into a Sp*rs pub and finding a scalper under the pseudonym of merely being a 'tourist from Australia'?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't even think of that, cheers.

My departure date was based around the Sp*rs game - Mrs wasn't too impressed, but thankfully she understands. Even if I can watch it at a Gooner pub it'll be incredible.

Twizz, what are the odds of wandering into a Sp*rs pub and finding a scalper under the pseudonym of merely being a 'tourist from Australia'?

not very good from what I hear, especially if you're in a goons shirt

let me know if you are after tickets, there is a way

BunniesMan

Immortal
We won ugly. That's what we don't do enough of. The majority of Uniteds wins this year have been ugly. Good teams get 3 points even when they're not at their best.

All of a sudden despite all the criticism and being in our worst form in years we're 3rd!

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Theo didn't dive there.

And we're the only team that has ever gotten a soft penalty? It happens to everybody. We've been on the receiving end plenty of times as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.