What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luciano Leilua

willzy91

Juniors
Just read this on Twitter:

BREAKING NEWS!!

The @RaidersCanberra have signed @NRL_Dragons young forward Luciano leilua for season 2019. Massive coup for the club especially after losing Junior Paulo. #nrl @telegraph_sport @NeilEvansmail @9_Moley @ReadingThePlay

Shame to see him go, but obviously not the player the club think can take the club forward.

willzy91

Juniors
Doubt he'll ever make it as a starting player and the coaching staff have realised it as well.

No loss imo. Will be interesting to see who we plan on replacing him (new signing or upgrade Jackson Ford)

Pending form i’d much rather a junior get an upgrade, obviously unless the perfect replacement came around. BUT could this be a last ditch effort to keep Ah Mau and match the knights offer????

Looks like he is going to be another Mundine, the younger brother or nephew to Anthony. Looked like a future superstar in lower grades, but never could make that step up

TomRedVRiver

Bench
There will be pressure to retain Sims now after his recent form. The club has made the right choice letting Luch go and focussing on Tariq.

Luch just never seemed to let that lazy attitude go. Shame really, had such high hopes.

MilanDragon

Juniors
Pending form i’d much rather a junior get an upgrade, obviously unless the perfect replacement came around. BUT could this be a last ditch effort to keep Ah Mau and match the knights offer????

Shouldn’t have any bearing on LAM as Luc would’ve been on a base contract.

Not going to lose any sleep over him leaving

mobels

Juniors
Shouldn’t have any bearing on LAM as Luc would’ve been on a base contract.

Not going to lose any sleep over him leaving
Nah we would've given him quite a bit to keep him from leaving for the Dogs back in 2016, and we recently upgraded him at the start of the season.

I'd say he'd be on about 180k - 200k.

Bench
If this is true then so be it. He has had more then enough time to prove himself and hasn't done that.
Not all so called superstars of the juniors make it to first grade. I think he falls into that category.

Luc has been struggling to make the grade.

Host and Jackson Ford automatically move up a slot in the pecking order of edge forwards.

He should play the rest of the season in ISP so that Host gets some game time.

Had expressed the wish to play footy with his brother. This may have been a factor in his decision.

Hopefully the dollars saved will allow us to upgrade Sims.

Similar decision will need to be made concerning Kerr very soon. If Kerr doesn't show rapid improvement, he along with Allgood and Latimore will need to be replaced.

I would like to see how Lawrie has progressed. He has the ticker but needs to bulk up to have greater impact.

ouryears

Bench
Just read this on Twitter:

BREAKING NEWS!!

The @RaidersCanberra have signed @NRL_Dragons young forward Luciano leilua for season 2019. Massive coup for the club especially after losing Junior Paulo. #nrl @telegraph_sport @NeilEvansmail @9_Moley @ReadingThePlay

Shame to see him go, but obviously not the player the club think can take the club forward.
Yep I am happy to see him go.
I don't want to sound too harsh, but he will suit Canberra's style of play.

They simply don't like tackling down in our nation's capital.
Like running....but don't like defending.

We can spend the money on a player who will bring much more grunt and defensive heart.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Luc has been struggling to make the grade.

Host and Jackson Ford automatically move up a slot in the pecking order of edge forwards.

He should play the rest of the season in ISP so that Host gets some game time.

Had expressed the wish to play footy with his brother. This may have been a factor in his decision.

Hopefully the dollars saved will allow us to upgrade Sims.

Similar decision will need to be made concerning Kerr very soon. If Kerr doesn't show rapid improvement, he along with Allgood and Latimore will need to be replaced.

I would like to see how Lawrie has progressed. He has the ticker but needs to bulk up to have greater impact.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Bottom line is that SGI currently have only seven forwards of first grade standard- Host was on the field last night and I was struggling to even notice his contribution. Latibore tries hard but isn't an impact player and will never win a game for you like LAM. The nearest to an eighth is Sele. As soon as injuries and the rep games arrive, we will come back to the pack big time. All those people who have bought grand final tickets are making a giant leap of faith that our players won't get injured (unrealistic) or won't get selected in origin or international times (also unrealistic).