What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luciano Leilua

2 years from now he'll be one of the very best edge forwards in the game, tearing teams apart out wide with size, footwork and pure skill. He'll probably be pushed into the middle eventually but hopefully we'll play him off the bench as a 2nd rower for the foreseable future. I've been waiting 2 years to see him in the 17 permanently, I think he'll exceed all expectations.
I hope so, he's got the talent.

Frank Facer

First Grade
2 years from now he'll be one of the very best edge forwards in the game, tearing teams apart out wide with size, footwork and pure skill. He'll probably be pushed into the middle eventually but hopefully we'll play him off the bench as a 2nd rower for the foreseable future. I've been waiting 2 years to see him in the 17 permanently, I think he'll exceed all expectations.
I hope you are correct about Lucky being one of the best edge forwards in the game, in 2 years time.

Frank Facer

First Grade
And Some on this site were upset that we let Thompson go. Sims has already proven to be a massive upgrade on Thompson. I think Sims has been the best edge backrower in the comp this year. I think Radley is close the second best edge backrower this year.

I did say that I thought either Lucky or Host would prove to be better than Thompson by 2019. If either of them had been given Thompson's spot, then they would probably be on their way to proving me right. I still think that at least one of Lucky or Host will be better than Thompson, maybe even both.

Life's Good

Coach
And Some on this site were upset that we let Thompson go. Sims has already proven to be a massive upgrade on Thompson. I think Sims has been the best edge backrower in the comp this year. I think Radley is close the second best edge backrower this year.

I did say that I thought either Lucky or Host would prove to be better than Thompson by 2019. If either of them had been given Thompson's spot, then they would probably be on their way to proving me right. I still think that at least one of Lucky or Host will be better than Thompson, maybe even both.

I think the most upset about Thompson leaving is himself.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think the most upset about Thompson leaving is himself.
Thompson wouldn't be making our starting side anymore.

If he didn't go to Manly, I doubt very much that Mary would have even given Tariq a chance at Thompson's spot. Mary just would have kept picking the same team.

So 2 of our best upgrades over the last 12 months have been due to Dugan being injured and Dufty getting a chance, then Thompson going to Manly and that leading to Tariq given a shot at secondrow.

blacksafake

First Grade
Thompson wouldn't be making our starting side anymore.

If he didn't go to Manly, I doubt very much that Mary would have even given Tariq a chance at Thompson's spot. Mary just would have kept picking the same team.

So 2 of our best upgrades over the last 12 months have been due to Dugan being injured and Dufty getting a chance, then Thompson going to Manly and that leading to Tariq given a shot at secondrow.
Which says a lot about the coach & why we're going through the same thing now with Nighty.

JDHD

Juniors
H

Here we go again....
And they’re off! And straight out of the gates it’s “Mary’s Selections” is off to a lead but he’s being mown down by “Popularity Contest”. “Popularity Contest” is charging through followed closely by “Young and Hornby” “Jobs for the Boys” and “Local Juniors Aren’t Getting a Run” but what’s this!! What’s this!! “Fail Mary” has come in with blinding pace down the straight and he’s stolen the win! “Fail Mary” takes the fifteen hundredth daily “Sack Mary Cup”, with “Mary’s Selections” and “Jobs for the Boys” rounding out the placing!

cussy

Juniors
And they’re off! And straight out of the gates it’s “Mary’s Selections” is off to a lead but he’s being mown down by “Popularity Contest”. “Popularity Contest” is charging through followed closely by “Young and Hornby” “Jobs for the Boys” and “Local Juniors Aren’t Getting a Run” but what’s this!! What’s this!! “Fail Mary” has come in with blinding pace down the straight and he’s stolen the win! “Fail Mary” takes the fifteen hundredth daily “Sack Mary Cup”, with “Mary’s Selections” and “Jobs for the Boys” rounding out the placing!
Ha ha yep!

Bench
We need to refer this to the bunker. Spelling and grammar needs to be checked.

ALSGI

Bench
Haha, gold.
Glad I missed the race, I would’ve done my dough on a trifecta, Sack Mary, Sack Aitken and Nene’s too Soft.

Frank Facer

First Grade
One of the most pleasing things over the last few weeks has been Lucky's form. He actually had the inside running for Thompson's spot in the trials. Tariq got the nod and has since been the form secondrower in the comp. Lucky is starting to show that he is certainly up to first grade standard. I think his confidence is growing. He could develop into a really good forward and also develop a bit of a cult following.

Going into the Melbourne game, myself and many others on this site were of the opinion that Host was the better prospect than Lucky. Now I am not so sure. At the start of the season, I said that Lucky provided more X factor and that he had a higher ceiling than Host. Then when Host looked to finally being getting an opportunity in first grade, he got injured early in the Melbourne game. This has since given Lucky a chance and he looks to be taking it. We could have a very good young forward or two on our hands. I hope so.

The Damo

Juniors
Yep .. he is playing better but to me the best thing is that every touch looks like it could create a line break for us …

Play him at left edge, sims on the right and start Frizz in the front row.
Yeah I’m pretty near sold on this now. Unless Frizz spends the whole next off season practising running an outside line, I just don’t know what it’s take gonna take to get him to stop angling in.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Yep .. he is playing better but to me the best thing is that every touch looks like it could create a line break for us …

Play him at left edge, sims on the right and start Frizz in the front row.
That is starting to look like our best option.

Latest posts