What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Keary

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Keary was never going to resign with us, he was using us to bump his price with the Scummers. If Southy’s post is correct it looks like he may of shot himself in the foot.

If the gossip and scuttlebutt of the time is true, Rusty had every right to give him a serve at Coffs Harbour. Apparently along with Stewart and co, he was part of the locker room cancer that started the turn against Madge’s authority.

I’m only quoting rumor and innuendo doing the rounds in 2016. But if true, screw him. The Scummer Jersey suits him a lot more than our proud jersey ever did.
If and that’s a big IF this was true, then it was up to Madge to deal with it. Nothing to do with Rusty

ThingFish

Juniors
If and that’s a big IF this was true, then it was up to Madge to deal with it. Nothing to do with Rusty
I agree it’s a big IF, there where lots of conflicting gossip flying around 2015/16.

But on the St Helen’s tour I spent 2 weeks with parents of a couple of players and even then there were side remarks about a couple of players that gave me a sense that even while we where beating the World not all was right in Redfern.

kbw

Bench
Keary was never going to resign with us, he was using us to bump his price with the Scummers. If Southy’s post is correct it looks like he may of shot himself in the foot.

If the gossip and scuttlebutt of the time is true, Rusty had every right to give him a serve at Coffs Harbour. Apparently along with Stewart and co, he was part of the locker room cancer that started the turn against Madge’s authority.

I’m only quoting rumor and innuendo doing the rounds in 2016. But if true, screw him. The Scummer Jersey suits him a lot more than our proud jersey ever did.

Absolute rubbish you could have kept a quality half but your idiot owner Crowe, for al lthe good things he does, did it again. He interfered in the RL side of things of which he has no idea

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Absolute rubbish you could have kept a quality half but your idiot owner Crowe, for al lthe good things he does, did it again. He interfered in the RL side of things of which he has no idea

Ahh but it was actually the right call so I don’t know where you’re going with this? Keary demanded overs and wasn’t performing in the slightest. I’m glad he’s at the roosters now. They deserve eachother.

southsport

First Grade
That's garbage, Keary was going to the top dollar, that's why he only signed a one year contract for 2016.........don't let the truth get in the way of a good story though! ;)

kbw

Bench
None of you know what money Keary was asking for. All anyone knows i how long he signed for and Crowe acted like a complete dick interfering with football things.
Maguire whether you love or hate him, had some integrity and would not have aired things in public like the effwit Crowe. Maybe he has the right due to the $s, but that still doesn't stop him from being an ignorant fool

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
None of you know what money Keary was asking for. All anyone knows i how long he signed for and Crowe acted like a complete dick interfering with football things.
Maguire whether you love or hate him, had some integrity and would not have aired things in public like the effwit Crowe. Maybe he has the right due to the $s, but that still doesn't stop him from being an ignorant fool

You act like you have inside knowledge. How do you know all of this to be fact?

Rabbits20

Immortal
That's garbage, Keary was going to the top dollar, that's why he only signed a one year contract for 2016.........don't let the truth get in the way of a good story though! ;)
Love your sig mate where it says the working class club!

Top stuff Southy.

southsport

First Grade
Agree that Rusty behaved poorly as Rusty sometimes does, but Keary wasn't going to let a few harsh words get in the way of the pay packet he was after, he went for the whole hog and came out with less, it cost him quite a few $$$ in the end, but it's all done and dusted now and Souths have ended up with an even better line-up than if Keary had re-signed.

I never released it was aired in public i thought is was done privately at Crowe's house. Do you know where is was aired publicly i would like to read what really happened ?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Agree that Rusty behaved poorly as Rusty sometimes does, but Keary wasn't going to let a few harsh words get in the way of the pay packet he was after, he went for the whole hog and came out with less, it cost him quite a few $$$ in the end, but it's all done and dusted now and Souths have ended up with an even better line-up than if Keary had re-signed.

Rusty loves this club just as much as most supporters do. Without him we wouldn’t have won in 2014 and probably wouldn’t still be in the NRL. I give him every right to be pissed off at underperforming players. What kind of arrogant wanker comes in here and starts demonising him. f**k Keary and f**k the roosters.

southsport

First Grade
Rusty loves this club just as much as most supporters do. Without him we wouldn’t have won in 2014 and probably wouldn’t still be in the NRL. I give him every right to be pissed off at underperforming players. What kind of arrogant wanker comes in here and starts demonising him. f**k Keary and f**k the roosters.
True what you say, it's been a learning experience for Rusty as to how to best achieve his goals.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Well said my man,f**k Keary and f**k the roosters,I don't think anybody could of put it better!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
True what you say, it's been a learning experience for Rusty as to how to best achieve his goals.

Of course it has. He’s even come out and said that he’s still trying to separate being a supporter from being an owner. He’s far from perfect but he saved this club from perishing. It’s unfortunate that the whole scenario went public, but when there’s alcohol around people generally lose their common sense. I’ve had many fights with friends and colleagues because people were drinking and stuff was said. Doesn’t mean I’m gonna throw a fit and never talk to them again. If people really think Crowe forced Keary out of the club then they need to pull their heads out. Keary CHOSE the glamour of the roosters over Souths. Nobody forced him out.

Galeforce

Bench

since you appear to be in know and not making comments like an" ignorant fool"
1)what did Crowe actually say ?
2) what did Crowe actually say in public?
3) what is difference between what Maguire says to the team in change room and what Crowe says to the team at his residence?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think everyone is getting a bit carried away claiming Cody is better than Keary

I don’t have any reason to believe Keary is better than Cody. In fact I would dare to say that if Keary was still here his stats would be well below Cody’s. He has the luxury of playing with one of the best rosters in the competition. Whereas our roster falls more into the middle of the competition.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Wow STID is on fire.

Brilliant stuff and passion!

Kbw is still jealous of us winning 21 as you can still see from part of my sig.

Latest posts