What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Keary

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Why is keary such a big loss when Walker easily replaces him? Keary is only performing because of the quality and form of his pack? You want to talk about big losses talk about walker, te'o, grevsmuhl who we miss significantly more than keary. Don't even bother talking about keary as a big loss LOL especially when he was asking for 700k+. Keary would not even make a remote difference to our position on the ladder. Walker easily replaced him as a player not too mention walkers utility value has proved it's worth.

Our biggest loss was 2014 AR. We now have a halfback that kicks out on the full every few sets. I would definitely pay 700k+ for a player like Pearce though :)

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Brilliant pass by Keary to set up the Roosters try by Latrell Mitchell

Keary is better than both Reynolds and Cody Walker

i have to disagree here cody walker is a far better player than keary for starters.....reynolds true value is in his boot but today its shiiit so at present i prefer cody over keary/reynolds .!....Shadow...

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Not too sure why Keary has improved so dramatically overnight.

I think the attitude & philosophy of the coaches involved plays a biggish part.

I've sensed for quite a while now that our players are leashed to a degree[a fair degree too] by Madge!
A very controlled & highly structured approach with a strong gravitation towards forward play-----the back's duties programmed,monitored closely on-field & probably harshly criticised if not followed.
Robinson has a more visionary touch[whichMadge doesn't]----Keary seems to be completely unleashed now,much more confident, without the "controller" stifling his naturally flamboyant game with HIS ideas on how Luke should play.

Personally,I don't think there is enough emphasis being placed on the negative influences of Maguire to our team!!
He has not only affected the natural games of players he has had them merrily walking out the door!

I also think if Keary was dropped back into our team now he would again be mediocre & for the reasons mentioned above.

easts have a better back line and a better pack of forwards thats why keary is going well similar to souths 2014 side .!....put keary in a broncs or storm or cows jumper same result . SEND KEARY TO NEWCASTLE TODAY AND SEE IF HE SHINES GUESS WHAT HE WONT .! Shadow....

Dogmatix

Juniors
shadow

Cody has a very good running game. If he was 10kg bigger he would make a good centre but he ain't

His kicking and passing games are poor. These are the reasons he was stuck in QLD Cup till 26 years old. As a half he is a fringe NRL player only who can fill in for injuries and suspensions

In the Broncos game this year Souths had a chance to send the game to extra time by kicking a field goal in the last set of six. On the final play Cody refuses the field goal and instead runs it to the blindside where the Broncos had more defenders than Souths had attackers. The game ends on a whimper. This kind of play shows that Cody lacks the vision to be a top class half and this is a deal breaker for playing in the halves

If Cody was the superstar some make him out to be then Souths would be higher than 14th on the ladder

handyman2190

Bench
shadow

Cody has a very good running game. If he was 10kg bigger he would make a good centre but he ain't

His kicking and passing games are poor. These are the reasons he was stuck in QLD Cup till 26 years old. As a half he is a fringe NRL player only who can fill in for injuries and suspensions

In the Broncos game this year Souths had a chance to send the game to extra time by kicking a field goal in the last set of six. On the final play Cody refuses the field goal and instead runs it to the blindside where the Broncos had more defenders than Souths had attackers. The game ends on a whimper. This kind of play shows that Cody lacks the vision to be a top class half and this is a deal breaker for playing in the halves

If Cody was the superstar some make him out to be then Souths would be higher than 14th on the ladder

At least he runs and tests the defence our problem is we have a number 7 who apart from goal kicks is not putting in he dosent run his kicks in general play are sub standard garbage we need to get rid of him cody to 6 and buy gronk to 7
And if the GI rumour he wants out is true well dont let the door hit u in the back give his money to moylan who hates the coach enough to leave and come to us

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
shadow

Sorry to be rude but this is one of the dumbest comments I've read on here? To blame Cody for Souths being 14th is ridiculous. That's just like saying James Tedesco is shit because the tigers are going shit. Cody is being chased by several clubs as soon as he was on the open market even the dogs were keen on him I heard..

In regards to the Broncos comment. I've never seen keary kick a field goal once in my life.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Souths Till I Die

You missed the whole point. The point was not whether Keary or Cody Walker is a better field goal kicker. The point is that Cody took a poor option at a critical time in the match. You want halves that make the right plays in the big moments. Keary is a premiership winner who got the ball rolling by setting up the first try in a Grand Final

southsport

First Grade
Souths Till I Die

You missed the whole point. The point was not whether Keary or Cody Walker is a better field goal kicker. The point is that Cody took a poor option at a critical time in the match. You want halves that make the right plays in the big moments. Keary is a premiership winner who got the ball rolling by setting up the first try in a Grand Final

And that was just about the only thing he ever did at Souths.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Souths Till I Die

I don't think think anyone disagrees he was a star in 2014. But in 2015, 2016 he did practically nothing?

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
shadow

we have a shiiit team in 2017 had cody been no6 in 2014 he would had won a gf ring mate .!...Shadow...

Rabbits20

Immortal
Why is keary such a big loss when Walker easily replaces him? Keary is only performing because of the quality and form of his pack? You want to talk about big losses talk about walker, te'o, grevsmuhl who we miss significantly more than keary. Don't even bother talking about keary as a big loss LOL especially when he was asking for 700k+. Keary would not even make a remote difference to our position on the ladder. Walker easily replaced him as a player not too mention walkers utility value has proved it's worth.

Our biggest loss was 2014 AR. We now have a halfback that kicks out on the full every few sets. I would definitely pay 700k+ for a player like Pearce though :)
We don't miss Grevsmuhl.

Rabbits20

Immortal
At least he runs and tests the defence our problem is we have a number 7 who apart from goal kicks is not putting in he dosent run his kicks in general play are sub standard garbage we need to get rid of him cody to 6 and buy gronk to 7
And if the GI rumour he wants out is true well dont let the door hit u in the back give his money to moylan who hates the coach enough to leave and come to us
What do you mean GI don't let the door hit you on the way out?????

GI doesn't deserve to be treated in the manner of words.

GI owes nothing to us after what he's done.

Rabbits20

Immortal
We really do. Our bench is lacking some firepower. Grevsmuhl at his best really added that impact off the bench. I don't really like the guy because of how he left but we do miss him when he was at his peak significantly.
Grevsmuhl had a poor workrate and knock ons plus missed tackles in him imo.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Fox caller Warren Smith just asked "What do you suppose the South Sydney Rabbitohs are thinking watching this happen?" as Keary sets up yet another try with a magic pass

Unbelievable that Souths swapped Keary for an older Cody Walker

Pommy

Coach
Fox caller Warren Smith just asked "What do you suppose the South Sydney Rabbitohs are thinking watching this happen?" as Keary sets up yet another try with a magic pass

Unbelievable that Souths swapped Keary for an older Cody Walker

His position was pretty untenable at Souths for a few reasons.
I don’t dislike him as a player but he had to leave.