What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU's Favourite Movie - 2014 Edition

Misanthrope

Staff member
Didn't only 4 people vote for Shawshank Redemption last time and it still won?

More people voted for Fight Club.

Yeah, but those four all put it at #1 or #2, while Fight Club appeared in the bottom range of a bunch.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I'm going to boycott this one actually. I'd love to name my top 15 but I can't possibly narrow it down. In the games thread I named my best 40 and from there had a very hard time narrowing it down to 15 so... I won't be doing again.

For the record though my #1 would've been Terminator 2.

Go ahead and start attacking me for my #1.

See ya!

I'm going to boycott this one actually. I'd love to name my top 15 but I can't possibly narrow it down. In the games thread I named my best 40 and from there had a very hard time narrowing it down to 15 so... I won't be doing again.

For the record though my #1 would've been Terminator 2.

Go ahead and start attacking me for my #1.

See ya!

T2 was about 10th in my list

Bulldog Force

Referee
And then lists a sci-fi movie as his #1. :lol:
Yes, however, that's only a minor part of it. Most people who would associate 1 genre with T2 would say action. That's why I like it. In fact the sci-fi in is is almost non-existant. It's mentioned very early on but after that it's 90% action.

Springs

First Grade
Yes, however, that's only a minor part of it. Most people who would associate 1 genre with T2 would say action. That's why I like it. In fact the sci-fi in is is almost non-existant. It's mentioned very early on but after that it's 90% action.

The main character is a robot.

simmo1

First Grade

lol a movie about a cyborg sent back in time to kill a human thus altering the future and outcome of a war between humans and machines has almost non-existant scifi

:lol:

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I find it strange that many people can't distinguish the difference between Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Space Opera (as opposed to Soap Opera).

Examples of Sci-Fi - Andromeda Strain, Blade Runner, Soylent Green.

Examples of Fantasy - Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Harry Potter.

Examples of Space Opera - Star Wars, John Carter, Star Trek.

Out of the three genre (which do overlap somewhat), I find the weakest to be Fantasy with true Sci-Fi being the strongest.

Why you ask? Generally Sci-Fi invokes questions from the viewer in a scientific sense while the others rely on elements of mystery and sometimes horror.