What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU's Top Women of Wrestling

Misanthrope

Staff member
With the wrestler countdown to be finished tonight or early tomorrow, I thought I'd get the ball rolling on the next count-down.

Voting is now open on your favourite women of wrestling. These can be divas, knockouts, wrestlers, or valets. You can judge it on beauty or on talent or on both.

Rank them 15-1 (although you can submit a shorter list if need be) and PM them to me.

Parra Pride

Coach
I don't know if I can even think of 15 female wrestlers I've liked over the years, thank god for shorter lists!

Misanthrope

Staff member
So far I've got lists from AFS (10) and Big Pete (15). My own list was 20, with those numbered 16 - 20 picking up a single 0.5 vote.

Big Pete

Referee
A tough list to put together.

WWE have been far too inconsistent with their booking of women's talent. I hate the diva monicker, it makes out that all women have an attitude, why not just call them superstars? It's not as if it's a male exclusive word so it just seems like an unnecessary label.

Wish I'd watched more Japanese women's wrestling and Shimmer but there's just so much wrestling and no where near the amount of time to watch it all.

afinalsin666

First Grade
I watch Womens Wrestling occasionally with my brother, i only really know one outside WWE, and she ranked pretty high on my list.

WellsNZ

Juniors
Top spot on my list was 100% based on looks, she's my favourite without a shadow of a doubt.

Rest of my list I did take more into account, but nobody can oust the lovely lady who got the top spot.

Need a favourite tag team list.

A tough list to put together.

WWE have been far too inconsistent with their booking of women's talent. I hate the diva monicker, it makes out that all women have an attitude, why not just call them superstars? It's not as if it's a male exclusive word so it just seems like an unnecessary label.

Wish I'd watched more Japanese women's wrestling and Shimmer but there's just so much wrestling and no where near the amount of time to watch it all.

Being called a Diva back when WWE started calling them that was a good thing. The meaning has changed to basically that of a high maintenance woman. But back then it was much like a goddess term.

Big Pete

Referee
It happened a few years ago penny.

Before then it was the women's division fighting for the women's belt.

Big Pete

Referee
I'm aware of the term.

But it wasn't used as a way to label an entire division until around 2008 when Taker's missus needed a championship to defend.

Bertha Faye wasn't marketed as a diva, nor was Nakano.

They may have retroactively labelled Sunny as a diva but they weren't talking about her dominating a diva's division.

See the issue?

Bulldog Force

Referee
With the wrestler countdown to be finished tonight or early tomorrow, I thought I'd get the ball rolling on the next count-down.

Voting is now open on your favourite women of wrestling. These can be divas, knockouts, wrestlers, or valets. You can judge it on beauty or on talent or on both.

Rank them 15-1 (although you can submit a shorter list if need be) and PM them to me.
Does this mean #1 = 15 points and #15 = 1 point?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Does this mean #1 = 15 points and #15 = 1 point?

#1 gets 20 points (had to give some advantage to finishing first beyond a single point), #2 14, #3 13 etc.

Once you hit #16, points are reduced to a single 0.5, but the multiplier for voters still applies.

Misanthrope

Staff member
There are actually quite a few showing up in people's lists that I'd forgotten or overlooked, but had a mad crush on when they were active. Ones like Maria Kanellis, Kaitlyn, and Lana were ones I had to edit into my own list.

Big Pete

Referee
Didn't even think of Liz.

Her fellow Horsemen wives/partners weren't bad either. Woman is sadly remembered more for her passing than anything else but she was a great manager for Sullivan, Sandman and Benoit back in the day.

Debra was great too as the sassy loudmouth beauty queen from Tennessee. She's also famous for being the inspiration behind the word 'Puppies!' which I believe Road Dogg coined before King ran with it.

bileduct

Coach
Miss Elizabeth was the original diva, as far as I am concerned. I still remember the good old days of her managing Randy Savage, when WWF was on FTA television and the first ever Royal Rumble and Survivor Series PPVs were broadcast free at 2AM. Demolition, Mr Fuji and the Powers of Pain, the Hart Foundation... Great times.