What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*Lyall Gorman Gone??

SadShark

Bench
Hullo Don.How's the gardening been of late?
Typical. By all means, have a go at a self-diagnosed Asperger sufferer why don cha.

Geez, a man can’t ask a random chick if they have a colon irrigation before anal. Wot’s this PC world coming to?

taipan

Referee
Is this random chick ,free range or caged Don? If the former I do not have an issue.

Green_

Juniors
Surely Darren Mooney must be on the shortlist of candidates to takeover Lyall’s football club position.

He’s getting a lot of kudos for getting Pearce to the Knights. He was extremely good for our club through a tumultuous period and only left as he couldn’t see a road to the top as it was assumed Lyall was in for the long haul. A master at manoeuvring the salary cap. Local boy and good rapport with the players. It’s a no brainer.

I assume he's taking some credit for newman and sams show but the Nrl doesn't really do social media well so not hard to shine.

Liam Tapper is a souths supporter who hated the SharkCast from day 1 and did everything he ever could to shut us down, bury us and or malign us. I was amazed he managed to get another job in sports marketing, let alone one in the NRL.

The rest of the Sharks media and social media crew are fantastic and what they achieve on a tiny budget is remarkable.

Ads

First Grade
Liam Tapper is a souths supporter who hated the SharkCast from day 1 and did everything he ever could to shut us down, bury us and or malign us. I was amazed he managed to get another job in sports marketing, let alone one in the NRL.

The rest of the Sharks media and social media crew are fantastic and what they achieve on a tiny budget is remarkable.
Good to know. I only assumed that based off his boasting. Manly can have him.

Card Shark

Immortal

No loss then!!!!

Eion

First Grade
Good news they've made an appointment. Although I wouldn't have the foggiest if Bazza is a good operator or not, his experience appears good and he no doubt loves the joint.

That other AFL dude in contention was giving me the shivers. Well done.

carcharias

Immortal
Good news they've made an appointment. Although I wouldn't have the foggiest if Bazza is a good operator or not, his experience appears good and he no doubt loves the joint.

e Sharks are pleased to announce the appointment of Barry Russell as the new Football Club Chief Executive Officer.

A former Rothman’s Medal winner and Sharks first grade player, Russell takes on the CEO role in a continuation of what has been a successful commercial and business career.

Currently the Commercial Sales and Business Development Manager of Harvey Norman Commercial, the largest franchise within the Harvey Norman Group, Russell previously worked with the NRL as Commercial Sponsorship Manager.

Sharks Chairman Dino Mezzatesta announced Russell’s appointment following an extensive interview and recruitment process.

“We had many worthy and highly qualified applicants for the position, however Barry’s business background, knowledge of the NRL and his commercial expertise, not to mention his enthusiasm and love of the Cronulla club, made him a standout amongst the candidates,” Mezzatesta said.

“We welcome him on board and look forward to him getting started, confident he will make a significant contribution towards the continued success of our Club.”

Russell reacted to his appointment with both pride and excitement.

“I have a deep understanding and passion for our club and its proud history,” Russell said. “I look forward to representing our Board, community, members and fans in building our great Club into the best in the NRL on and off the field.”

Russell played nine years with the Sharks, with his personal highlight being the 1988 Rothman’s Medal. A local junior, Russell played Matthews Cup at the Sharks in 1979, also representing the Club in the SG Ball and Jersey Flegg competitions, before being graded in 1983.

Following his playing career Russell worked with the Sharks as Junior Development Officer and Development Manager, before spending 12 years at the NRL as Commercial Sponsorship Manager.

From there he has enjoyed a successful career in Commercial Sales and Development with the Harvey Norman Group.

He will officially begin work as the Sharks CEO in early March and will make himself available to media once commencing in his new role.

The Sharks would also like to express their appreciation to Paul Eriksson for the work done in an Interim CEO role prior to Russell’s appointment.

Ads

First Grade
Is it a good appointment cause he played for us or was he actually the best candidate?

taipan

Referee

Baz has my vote, good move IMO.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Scrum base try against the Bulldogs, little ferret dummied and ran underneath the posts to win us the game, late 80's .. f**king awesome game. Onya Bazza!!

Latest posts