What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MacDonald to go North??

Drag Queen

Bench
MacDonald is lazy, unfit and simply not much chop.

When you think just how good Brett Morris was on the left wing, it’s deadset embarrassing what we (the fans) have had to endure since the end of 2014z
Not disputing he can be a tad lazy. I've said before that he needs a bomb under him, and McGregor isn't doing that. I think Nene could prove you wrong in the right hands.

gitano

Juniors
He has no idea how good he could be. Came back overweight from the off season. He can handle all of the physicality of NRL with seemingly not much effort. I've watched him when he has a bee under his bonnet, runs so hard and is scary good.

I think Mary's comments a few weeks ago about playing with arrogance were misinterpreted. To win you need to have that almost disrespect for your opposite. It's to do with presence. The best players have it and it's infectious. I agree with the comments above, he needs to be put in front of a mirror, or be asked how much of his potential is going to waste.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Earlier in the season, Dennis Papa, myself and maybe one or 2 others said that we would like to see McDonald have a run in the centres. I would still like to see that. I think he would be better than either Aitken or Lafai. I too want to see him play to his potential on a regular basis. If I was coach I would be looking at a McDonald - Lomax centre pairing for next year, that is if McDonald here.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Not disputing he can be a tad lazy. I've said before that he needs a bomb under him, and McGregor isn't doing that. I think Nene could prove you wrong in the right hands.
exactly what I was Thinking.
Hope we keep Nene and bring in Tapou , Lomax to replace Aitken or lafai , Field to half and Widdop to fullback

BLM01

First Grade
For me McDonald & Tupou is a no thanks at the Dragons. Yeh some players you need to put a bomb under to get them to fire but McDonald is just himself drifting along and that will never change. He may go better at another club but has too many brain explosions or natural errors in his game to ever change. he does not know how to bend and dive or go low in a tackle. I rate Tupou slightly better only due to his aerial skills, but I like the hardness and multiple efforts of a Pereira. Whether he is 1 st grader long term remains to be seen but players that run hard like him on the wing will do me...another one i would move mountains to sign would be Val Holmes.

possm

Coach
MacDonald is lazy, unfit and simply not much chop.

When you think just how good Brett Morris was on the left wing, it’s deadset embarrassing what we (the fans) have had to endure since the end of 2014z

I'm not disagreeing with you but be fair, Morris had Cooper inside at centre; a big difference to having 50/50 Lafai feeding the pass or sprinting through the hole to set Morris up.

possm

Coach
He is under contract till the end of 2021. I don't see him being released but you never know

So the Roosters are recruiting Morris and Hall as depth wingers. Why couldn't we do something like that. Wait, Nightingale is retiring and Macdonald is going to the Cowboys and Millward has a plan.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Just a question, and i'm sure its been answered before, but what is the rule regarding approaching contracted players? Is it not until Oct 1 od Nov 1 or is it open slather?

possm

Coach
Just imagine if we picked up the Morris boys and let go Aitken, Lafai, Macdonald and Nightingale - retired - for 2019. We might have a backline of:
1. Lomax
2. B Morris
3. J Morris
4. Herbert
5. Oats
6. Widdop
7. Hunt

The Morris boys would have come cheap as the Dogs would have up for substantial percentage of their salary. A two year deal would have suited us fine.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Why is there concern about MacDonald leaving? Isn’t the club chasing that Canberra under 20s winger (whose name eludes me)? That will fix the problem that’s been self evident since 2015 for SUUUURRREEE!

Latest posts