What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madge Contract status

We need to astutely buy u20 talent and competitive decent first graders.

We have talent at Souths. I just think we've had a slump.

Early injuries, poor depth, more injuries. Attitude, behaviour. Couple suspensions.

Against storm they attacked and defended fairly well. This was the first time since Rd 1 we had a near strength side out there.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Does Maguire actually want robbie? Every article I've read about souths chasing farah has focused on Crowe trying to lure farah to the club. I don't want crowe to have anything to do with recruitment.

doyen

Bench
Does Maguire actually want robbie? Every article I've read about souths chasing farah has focused on Crowe trying to lure farah to the club. I don't want crowe to have anything to do with recruitment.

A strong character like Robbie will terrorise poor Madge ,or MAYBE, there's a slight chance Madge may stand up to Robbie & they clash!!????????????????

Pommy

Coach
Members announcement about changes to the coaching staff.
I guess this pretty much confirms were stuck with Madge for 2017. Can't wait to watch us get flogged through next year as well.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I guess this pretty much confirms were stuck with Madge for 2017. Can't wait to watch us get flogged through next year as well.
I guess we have to try to be positive though.

But it's hard when we aren't really signing anyone.

southsport

First Grade

Maybe the David Furner signing is a step towards a succession plan?

souths_reborn

Juniors
he's not as good as he used to be though. if we sign him, it should only be for 1 year because his contract with wests tigers finishes at the end of the 2017 season, so we would only be able to get him cheap for next season. it's reported he is on $950,000 for next year, but i wouldn't pay more than $400,000 for him for next year, which means wests tigers would have to be willing to pay $550,000 of that contract for farah to play at souths. maybe they would agree to that, just so they can move on, and because Jason Taylor doesn't want him anywhere near wests tigers. after the 2017 season, farah could play in the English super league. he is a big Liverpool fan in the English soccer, so he'd probably enjoy being over there for a while
The thing is our hands are pretty much tied in that we need a hooker and there aren't a lot of other alternatives out there. If you throw me some name I'd be happy to tell you what I think? However, given our current predicament and the money which we could get Farah on, the risk vs reward ratio is stacked in our favour. As for Farah's salary after his first year, I can't see him earning anywhere near the money he was on at the Tigers even if he does play well, given his age and his level of maintenance. To be honest, I was surprise the Tigers forked out as much as they did for him given the circumstances between him and Jason Taylor; they should have just let him go at the end of last year.

souths_reborn

Juniors
A strong character like Robbie will terrorise poor Madge ,or MAYBE, there's a slight chance Madge may stand up to Robbie & they clash!!????????????????
I think Robbie will have to pull his head with us for a number of reasons. First and foremost, if he gives Madge grief it will justify the negative aspersions that the last 3 coaches of the Wests Tigers have cast over Robbie, condemning him to being a "coach-killer" and leaving an indelible stain on his reputation. Secondly, I think Robbie will have a real point to prove in that he will want to show his critics that he is still a good player and that the Wests Tigers were wrong to let him go. Finally, Robbie will not be at the Wests Tigers anymore and therefore will not have the same "clout" about him given that he is not really a club legend over here; he is just another player and when your the new guy in any professional environment, the rest of your work colleagues won't initially be as enamored as your previous team mates were.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Funny how people bag me for calling out players who aren't up to it but these same guys have been saying Madge has to go and giving him shit. We were due a bad year.

What tripe.

I'm behind Madge 100percent and always have been.

He's a great coach and the man to lead us to 22.

southsport

First Grade
Funny how people bag me for calling out players who aren't up to it but these same guys have been saying Madge has to go and giving him shit. We were due a bad year.

What tripe.

I'm behind Madge 100percent and always have been.

He's a great coach and the man to lead us to 22.

I'll admit I was having my doubts especially after the raiders 54-4 romp.

southsport

First Grade
In Madge we trust was my view all along!!!!!!

Southsport I wasn't really referring to you either to let you know.

We are all good and always have been.

We're sweet mate, I didn't think you were referring to me as I hadn't said all that much about it, but I think I just got to the point where something had to change, as I said elsewhere I think the problems were multi-faceted not just one issue.

Rabbits20

Immortal
We're sweet mate, I didn't think you were referring to me as I hadn't said all that much about it, but I think I just got to the point where something had to change, as I said elsewhere I think the problems were multi-faceted not just one issue.
Lol@start of your sig.

It's a good one.

Kbw in my sig he was so butthurt lol!!!! I still find it funny.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Can't believe people go straight to the coach to blame after we had an injury ravaged year.

My only criticism of Madge was experimenting too much with a few players and not using others but he's learning as a coach and we're in good stead for next year. We'll be right with a bit of luck and hard work.