What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madge

Vote for next coach after Madge - possibles.

• Tooves

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Cartwright

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Furner

• Dean Pay

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Another Assistant coach from top tier club

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Taylor (Rip)- New South Wales cup best coach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Madge with a fair pay cut.

• Gardiner (bears)- going ok with so so side

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Bradford ( super league)- uber coach

• None of the above, I will nominate my own schmukles.

• Total voters

Rabbit toes

First Grade
If it's true that Russell Crowe was the man who made the decision to resign Sutton then I am very disappointed in Richo. Keep Crowe away from the footy decisions for f**ks sake. Letting go of Goodwin and resigning Sutton doesn't make any sense. Goodwin has had a better season that Sutton...
If Crowe was responsible for returning Sam to the club is that ok

And ffs get over Goodwin. He's gone and undying bias towards him won't see him return

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

And ffs get over Goodwin. He's gone and undying bias towards him won't see him return

Crowe wasn't responsible for that firstly.

Secondly LOL. I've been saying how good it is that the club is deciding to go with youth but resigning Sutton completely contradicts that. I would be happy with Goodwin going if Sutton goes too.

Pommy

Coach

The million pound game might yet see to his return though, depending on the cap.

Goodwin went because he got a better offer. Probably also knows that he can easily play for another 3 - 5 years over there whereas he'd be lucky to see out another 2 here.

ouryear

Juniors
You guys dodged s bullet in 2018 by sacking madge. You at least now might play some real footy with players feeling more empowered to play some second phase play. Madge had to go. He got real lucky in 2014....i would bet 100k he wont have success anywhere else .... .ever......not ever!

southsport

First Grade
You guys dodged s bullet in 2018 by sacking madge. You at least now might play some real footy with players feeling more empowered to play some second phase play. Madge had to go. He got real lucky in 2014....i would bet 100k he wont have success anywhere else .... .ever......not ever!

Most of what you say could be the truth, I'm not sure that he will never have success elsewhere, he's missed out on the bulldogs gig though so maybe he will struggle to find a job.

Travitoh

First Grade

I'd take that bet.

doyen

Bench
Most of what you say could be the truth, I'm not sure that he will never have success elsewhere, he's missed out on the bulldogs gig though so maybe he will struggle to find a job.

There has been rumours that Bellamy may go to the TITANS;even as early as 2018!!

He is contracted for 2018 at the Storm but wants to settle down in Qld with his family.The Storm would consider his wishes favourably due to his great service to them.

This may provide an opportunity for Madge;as an ex-Stormer!

I believe,however,that Madge is "on the nose" with NRL clubs--I think he would encounter plenty of opposition;especially from players.

southsport

First Grade
There has been rumours that Bellamy may go to the TITANS;even as early as 2018!!

He is contracted for 2018 at the Storm but wants to settle down in Qld with his family.The Storm would consider his wishes favourably due to his great service to them.

I believe,however,that Madge is "on the nose" with NRL clubs--I think he would encounter plenty of opposition;especially from players.

Hmm, thanks for that info doyen, i hadn't heard that Bellamy may be on the way north.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Completely disagree doyen. Madge's family lives in Sydney. He would be pretty upset with the way Souths got rid of him. I'm kind of surprised he hasn't said anything in the media about it because it was extremely rough. He didn't even get to say goodbye to the players. Poor form from Souths on that one. If you're gonna wait till the end of the year then at least let him say goodbye to the players.

Madge is a really good person and didn't deserve to be treated the way he was. He gave everything to this team and any team that picks him up will succeed however he does not want to leave Sydney so as you can see there is a problem there.

handyman2190

Bench
Completely disagree doyen. Madge's family lives in Sydney. He would be pretty upset with the way Souths got rid of him. I'm kind of surprised he hasn't said anything in the media about it because it was extremely rough. He didn't even get to say goodbye to the players. Poor form from Souths on that one. If you're gonna wait till the end of the year then at least let him say goodbye to the players.

Madge is a really good person and didn't deserve to be treated the way he was. He gave everything to this team and any team that picks him up will succeed however he does not want to leave Sydney so as you can see there is a problem there.
Madge tried very hard he also spent alot of time with juniors behind the scenes he is a decent person and noones perfect everyone is set in their ways and can make a mistake as i said previously cap limits what you can buy and im sure this effected his rule along with some bad recruitment decisions.
At the end of the day instead of punting him last year he got 2 years worth of salary 1.4 mill unlike hasler so we didnt treat him that bad i would have given him some other position though junior development

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Madge tried very hard he also spent alot of time with juniors behind the scenes he is a decent person and noones perfect everyone is set in their ways and can make a mistake as i said previously cap limits what you can buy and im sure this effected his rule along with some bad recruitment decisions.
At the end of the day instead of punting him last year he got 2 years worth of salary 1.4 mill unlike hasler so we didnt treat him that bad i would have given him some other position though junior development

Youre right but I still think it was a disgrace how we handled it. Surely they could of arranged a goodbye for the players on the last game instead of inviting him to a board meeting saying "nah you're gone mate pack your bags and leave". The board apparently didn't believe his presentation was good enough to stay in his position.

doyen

Bench
Youre right but I still think it was a disgrace how we handled it. Surely they could of arranged a goodbye for the players on the last game instead of inviting him to a board meeting saying "nah you're gone mate pack your bags and leave". The board apparently didn't believe his presentation was good enough to stay in his position.

With me it was a "love;hate" relationship with Madge--I loved him as a bloke but hated him as a coach!!

I believe the parting of ways was quite friendly!! Madge knew his time was up,I reckon!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
With me it was a "love;hate" relationship with Madge--I loved him as a bloke but hated him as a coach!!

I believe the parting of ways was quite friendly!! Madge knew his time was up,I reckon!

From all ends I've heard it was quite nasty and Madge had no idea he was getting sacked until he was told. The way that it supposedly happened was the board asked Madge how he was gonna improve the team, especially the Burgess twins. He basically argued that hard work would get us out of our situation and they said it wasn't good enough. Madge apparently yelled at them saying "you'll get yours".

If this is true this is absolutely disgraceful.

Seibold however looks like he knows what he's doing so at least Souths had a good replacement.

Rabbits20

Immortal
From all ends I've heard it was quite nasty and Madge had no idea he was getting sacked until he was told. The way that it supposedly happened was the board asked Madge how he was gonna improve the team, especially the Burgess twins. He basically argued that hard work would get us out of our situation and they said it wasn't good enough. Madge apparently yelled at them saying "you'll get yours".

If this is true this is absolutely disgraceful.

Seibold however looks like he knows what he's doing so at least Souths had a good replacement.
Hmmmmm........ they were saying it was a pleasant meeting.....

They are probably covering up ate Pappas and Richo and Solly.....

Madge is a man of integrity though and I don't expect him to create a media storm..... he'd say well it's not going to do any good or bring his job back.....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Hmmmmm........ they were saying it was a pleasant meeting.....

They are probably covering up ate Pappas and Richo and Solly.....

Madge is a man of integrity though and I don't expect him to create a media storm..... he'd say well it's not going to do any good or bring his job back.....

Nah Madge was pissed off about it but you wouldn't tell Souths supporters that. Most Souths supporters I know love the bloke. He is a really big community figure.

I agree R20 he isn't the kind of guy to go bitching to the media.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
A. MADGE WAS NOT THE PROBLEM

B. After 2014/16 Russell Crowe/Souths let teo/bully/api/mcquuen/auvaa/walker/brown leave HOW DUMB...why was Ben teo/dylan walker/isaac luke and mcqueen and api koroisau/auvaa contracts not extended earlier before 2014 are they nuts couldnt they see the imminent catastrophe looming ahead if these players were not resigned?? I JUST DONT GET IT!!!
C. If this happened to any club whom ever their coach is the results would be similar the proper management skills/recruitment was not in place HELLO RUSSELL CROWE?WHAT HAPPENED MATE??Russell crowe is to blame for this problem not madge .! NO CATTLE NO TROPHY .