What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magpies Teams v Canberra

yappy

Bench
1 Ken McGUINNESS ©
2 Nathan McMAHON
3 Anthony KIRO
4 Gray VIANE
5 Dean COLLIS
6 Brad DAVIS
7 Keiran KERR
8 Chris PATERSON
9 Issac DE GOIS
10 Tere GLASSIE
11 Wes HALLAM-MANN
12 Luke COVELL
13 Liam FULTON
14 Shane BEYERS
15 Nigel PLUM
16 Sika TEAUPA
17 Richard PARKER
18 Aaron HEREMAIA
19 Steve MATTHEWS

Ken at the back is a worry and Dalts looks like he's gone. Wes is back in favour though. I wonder if tim has dictated the Gravy to centre move?

1 Anthony DALTON
2 Peter LETT
3 Rocky TRIMARCHI
4 Clayton PARKYNS
5 Justin COVENEY
6 Ryan BORG
7 Rick WISBEY
8 Ben WEIR
9 Samuel HOARE
10 Andrew HAMPSON
11 Nathan WATERS
12 James CORRIGAN
13 Ben ROBERTS
14 Peter MANNION
15 Matthew BRINKWORTH
16 Chris YOUNG
17 Shannon McDONNELL
18 Chester PASELIO
19 Shannon GALLANT
20 Fotunuupule AUELUA

Roberts to lock is an interesting move. The back row looks real small. Pritchard? Well his Mum said to me at the beginning of the season that she wanted to get him into another club, but he wanted to stay. Maybe she'll get her wish? It's only speculation on my part, but he has been playing like someone who doesn't want to be there, and now he's not named anywhere - could be an injury, could be something more.

Gus22

Juniors
Whats happened to Cashmere? Injured I presume. If so when is he due back?

Magpie Nick

Juniors
Roberts at lock is different. I thought he has been their best player playing at 5/8 and Halfback. Ken is a worry, he was awful against the Roosters, if you don't choose Atkinson I think Joe Swamy has to be next best. Then I would still choose Clayton Parkins over Ken. I prefer Collis as a centre, I don't think Tere really has enough size to be a strating prop, I think he is best used 20min in as a second rower because he is strong and fast. Wouldn't suprise me if Heremia spends more time at the base of the scrum than in the halves, when ever we need go forward and aren't getting it from forwards he has a hit-up and makes decent metres.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
Wests have the team to win the comp but are playing like they think getting the spoon is better than coming first!

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Its a pity about Pritchard because his brother wanted to stay as well for the Wests Tigers to turn around and say they don't have him in there plans :( :( :(

I actually think to be honest that he will turn out better than Frank and he will be a loss if he leaves :(

Interesting move to put Roberts in at lock, I always thought he will end up being a bit big for the halves but I guess we will see how he handles things

Last thing Why is Collis playing on the wing for surley he would be a better than Kiro in the centers ???

westie

Bench
Mighty Tiger said:
Its a pity about Pritchard because his brother wanted to stay as well for the Wests Tigers to turn around and say they don't have him in there plans :( :( :(

I actually think to be honest that he will turn out better than Frank and he will be a loss if he leaves :(

Interesting move to put Roberts in at lock, I always thought he will end up being a bit big for the halves but I guess we will see how he handles things

Last thing Why is Collis playing on the wing for surley he would be a better than Kiro in the centers ???

Kiro deserves his center spot.

Gobbso

Juniors
Gray is being mucked around by Sheens. He can't cement form, by constantly being shifted from 2nd row to centre. As soon as Sheens decides whether he wants him as backrower or an outside back, the better it will be for him.

yappy

Bench
Kiro's probably a better defender than Deano, and certainly a stronger man. Collis and Macca on the wings does give us some real pace and elusiveness out wide. I just hope they get the chance to use it.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Gobbso said:
Gray is being mucked around by Sheens. He can't cement form, by constantly being shifted from 2nd row to centre. As soon as Sheens decides whether he wants him as backrower or an outside back, the better it will be for him.

This might sound stupid but could you imagine Gravy in full flight out in the centers it would add something extra to the side - I know he has played most of his junior days there and even played rep footy in the centers so it could be a good thing for him

Not just that but with the lack of centers we do have I think its a good move by Sheens I still wouldn't mind seeing Covell in the centers as he always came across to me as a center because of his size

yappy

Bench
Premier League
Western Suburbs 24 Raiders 42

Jersey Flegg
Western Suburbs 8 Raiders 64

gr8_1

Juniors
No pride in the jersey it seems yappy. These kids need a kick in the rear to make em realise who they are playing for and the greats that have worn that jersey.

It seems both our (Balmain and Wests) PL teams have hit a low. I hope the cycle changes quick smart or it will be a long season for both PL teams.

westie

Bench
Settle down boys. The premier league boys were on fire. Against any other team or with a bit of luck we would have one. Canberra are a very classy side and it wasnt till an opportunist intercept that Canberra managed to get themselves in a position to win the game.

If I had to pick the best players I would name the whole f**king team. We were a class side today. Every player did their job and did it well. The scoreline flatters Canberra...

gr8_1

Juniors
64-8 is a flattering scoreline ? I was talking about Jersey Flegg, hence me using the word "kids"