What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magpies Teams v Canberra

B_Tiger

Juniors
man, what a shocking weekend to have any association with our clubs. Was there a win anywhere?

yappy

Bench
If I had to pick the best players I would name the whole f***ing team. We were a class side today. Every player did their job and did it well. The scoreline flatters Canberra...

Bullshit. Class teams do not leak 42 points no matter how much luck goes against them. Class teams lock down the opposition and hold them scoreless like what you saw on Saturday night. Leaking 42 points no matter how wonderful you look with the ball in hand is not even remotely within the same galaxy as 'class'.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I was at Maggies v Raiders. If that intercept did not happen when Wests were up by 6 I think they would have won. great comeback from 18-0 down.

Gray Viane, awesome, very powerful and get him in 1st grade. Couldn't recognise him, or luke Covell for that matter. He's friggin' huge!! Was also probably Maggies' 2nd best with Kerr. And whoever no. 20 was did well.

simon says

First Grade
tiger pride said:
Gray Viane, awesome, very powerful and get him in 1st grade. Couldn't recognise him, or luke Covell for that matter. He's friggin' huge!! Was also probably Maggies' 2nd best with Kerr. And whoever no. 20 was did well.

Gee thats great news.Havent heard much GOOD news on Vianes form.If he is going well Id love to see him play centre.We need someone with some impact running off Prince.

And great also about Luke,good to hear he has kept up his great form,although I doubt he will get the call up,even though I think he is by far our best option for wing....anyway,what do I know.

westie

Bench
Either my posts are being deleted or this forum is f**king up worse than ever.

Im not typing out my post again but basically it mentioned that Canberra got a lot of lucky trys that even the roosters couldnt have stopped, Defense is much better than previous weeks and a rap for the Canberra team.

yappy

Bench
mate if your defence is better and it concedes 42 it's still crap. I don't care how lucky the opposition got 42 is rubbish and not to be tolerated in any way.

simon says

First Grade
Im assuming the marriage is over then????????

And you two made such a good couple......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

yappy

Bench
Intercepts - don't throw wild passes.
broken play - don't let your line break in the first place. Failing that, scramble, scramble, scramble.
The like - Defend like you mean it for the full 80. Show respect for the ball for the full 80.

It's not rocket science. Defence is all about structure and commitment. These guys can all tackle. So either they are not working to a solid structure, or they simply aren't putting in enough. Or as is most likely - a bit of both. Whatever the problem it can be fixed - but saying oh well we were unlucky won't fix it. Canberra's Premier League side is NOT the new 92-93 Broncos. Even if they were I would still not accept 42 points conceded. Not F*ing Good Enough.

gr8_1

Juniors
Man Im so confused :oops:

Arent the Magpies playing Canberra this week ?
Why are we playing them two weeks in a row if so.

Groundhog Day ? :roll:

Also, the missing man ?? Bryce Gibbs ?? Where is he ? Not in GF or PL ? :roll:

I need a stiff drink :!: :twisted:

WESTS MAGPIES V'S CANBERRA RAIDERS

Sunday 16th May 12.40 pm @ Campbelltown Sports Stadium

1. Ken McGUINNESS ©
2. Nathan McMAHON
3. Aaron HEREMAIA
4. Gray VIANE
5. Luke DUFFY
6. Brad DAVIS
7. Keiran KERR
8. Chris PATERSON
9. Issac DE GOIS
10. Richard PARKER
11. Tere GLASSIE
12. Nigel PLUM
13. Liam FULTON

14. Shane BEYERS
15. Wes HALLAM-MANN
16. Drew DALTON
17. Steve MATTHEWS
18. Sika TEAUPA
19. Joe SWAMY

yappy

Bench
Yeah dunno about Gibbo - didn't get a tip on that one at all. I suspect Tim's dropped him without telling us. It has happened before - although it's usually him selecting Patto after we've already named him. Could be good for him. I've never doubted the kids potential, but I questioned playing him so much so soon.

The groundhog day thing is just one of those quirks of an extremely quirky Premier League draw. We had the same thing with the same team last year. Let's just hope we can for once change the final result.

One thing I'm glad to report is that Abe Pritchard is injured. Of course I'm not glad he's injured, but rather that my earlier assumptions were totally wrong. Apparently he's busting it to get back on the field, which is fantastic to hear. I still have concerns about his form this year, but if he can get back on the field and regain the form of previous seasons then no one will be happier than me.

gr8_1

Juniors
yappy, do you have any information on Isaac De Gois. His name has been mentioned a lot as a star of the future. How do you rate him ? Whats his game like ?

Maybe Sheens has plans to blood him sometime soon ?

SouthernTiger

Juniors
Kerr, along with Covell, seems to have been the Maggies best all year. I would love to see him servicing Prince. We always whinge about our halves service to outside backs. that is one area where Kerr is very strong

cheers

s. tiger

yappy

Bench
Keiran started the season slowly due to injuries, but he has made the 7 his now. I don't know why he hasn't got the (c) next to his name instead of Ken. The Tigers could (and more often than not have) do worse than a Kerr/Prince combo, but I haven't yet seen a really top notch kicking game from him so I can understand why you don't.

De Gois is as good as any player at either club - period. Unfortunately he's suffering under Tim's 'Let's play everyone out of position' policy. He's getting better as a dummy half, but his service still needs heaps of work. The point though is why does Tim need another hooker? Sounds like a personal problem to me.

The fact is Isaac is a better lock than Fulton. He has always forced Liam into the second row, even when Liam was his captain. It was Isaac lurking wider that was putting those beautiful passes on Dean Collis' chest all last season in Flegg. He is tough as teak, has incredible defence, and good hands. It's a shame to see the best of Isaac stifled.

SouthernTiger

Juniors
Yeh keiran has never had a huge kicking game but like Langer makes up for it other ways. it isnt that poor that he wouldnt be an ok second kicker option. My problem with keiran is Ive known the guy for a long time som Im obviously bias but I actually think he would be perfrect for the tigers right now as he is structured player and that is something we are lacking in the halves. He barely was able to train in the off season so early on his fitness was shot. I saw him at Christmas and he looked like Martin Bella. I hope he gets a break because he is a much better player than Ben Reynolds

cheers

s. tiger

Magpie Nick

Juniors
A few things I'd change to that side. I would swap Ken McGuiness with Duffy. Yes Ken did play well last week but there is always the risk of him playing like he did against the Roosters 3 weeks ago. Why not put Duffy there and be sure you have a quality fullback playing for you? I'd have Tere starting from the bench as I think he has greater impact the Wes Hallam-Mann. I'd was Wes and Tere.

As good as Issac is at lock, the way Liam is playing I'm begining to wonder is it worth playing De Gois as a second rower playing down the right side with Collis? Liam is just too dangerous with ball in hand at the moment. Issac wouldn't have a problem with running the ball making metres anyway. Just a thought thats come across me in the past 3 weeks anyway.

yappy

Bench
Liam is in rare form, but that's why I'd have him at 5/8. He has the class for sure. That way you could play Liam open side outside Kerr and Isaac down the blind.

Liam running at the line and then finding his centres would go a treat, and Isaac can do the same trick with forwards back inside or for his wingman. Danger times for the defence for sure. Neither however are big enough to play 2nd Row with the big boys. Plummy and Tere are probably our best back rowers and Matthews, Wes and Dalts offer good options off the bench.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
Issac took a genuine hit-up numerous times last week and it proved effective. They way I would play him is for him to drift across to the centres and either hit a whole or give it off, the way he has to make metres doesn't have to be the old way of just tucking the ball under your arm and going straight ahead.

They boys are really fired up this week after playing such a good first half and then losing the game after an intercept. I can assure you Liam wants revenge. Our forwards absolutely dominated them last week, after a few sets of 6, the found Issac was small, thought he was a good target and once again they got smashed just like they were when they took on our forwards. After this they tried running at Kerr and Davis, they soon found themselves getting belted by Heremaia and Gravy over the top.

Although Heremaia is a Half-5/8, he did a more than adequate job last week in the centres and I believe he is our best option till we get our usual centres back. This bloke may only stand 5' 10" but he is a strong bugger and knows how to play out wide and hit a hole. I think Kiro and Collis are our best centre options though, don't know how long Collis will be out for though, he was in an ankle brace two weeks ago and didn't travel to Canberra with the boys.

yappy

Bench
Yeah I've heard good things about Aaron. It must be something to do with living at Rick's place. Soper did the same thing - came as a half and ended up going a good job for us in the centres. I don't think Aaron has the game to be a half, but he sure is a tough nugget and if he can hold his own in the centres then gold.

Latest posts