What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magpies Teams v Canberra

yappy

Bench
I was probably saying something about swallows and summers Max.

When they put five wins on the trot together then come and see me and I'll buy the beers all night. In the meantime I'm waiting to see what happens against the Cougars next week, and not without a little trepidation.

magpiemax

Juniors
yappy said:
I was probably saying something about swallows and summers Max.

When they put five wins on the trot together then come and see me and I'll buy the beers all night. In the meantime I'm waiting to see what happens against the Cougars next week, and not without a little trepidation.
No doubt about ya! your a hard task master.While ya buying da beers do you mind if I bring my mate TIM ?? ;-)

yappy

Bench
Bloody oath I'm a hard task master. I've supported this godforsaken club for 27 seasons and I've got one reserve grade, one president's cup, and one SG Ball premiership to show for it. Just because I support Wests doesn't mean I support mediocrity. I expect any bastard that pulls on a black and white jersey to win or die in the attempt. Just like the boys in the 78 side that made me a life long disciple of one and only true rugby league path did.

Even yesterday's win is a light year away from good enough. I'll accept a 'more arse than class' two point win on Grand Final night. At all other times if they let a 12 point lead turn into a 2 point deficit then I'd expect Georgie to be running their arses through defensive drills until they puke on Monday. Good on them for getting the points, but I very much doubt the Cougars will be as generous this Sunday if the defence isn't commited for the full 80.

Sure bring Tim along. He can explain to me why Boof is a Prop, Isaac is a hooker, Super is a second rower, and Farah is a reserve grader, not to mention why a First Grade team only needs two props. I'm always up for a laugh. ;-)

(but if the Maggies don't win 5 on the trot I'll be expecting Max to shout all night like he's JO'K OK?)

magpiemax

Juniors
so were you at the usual spot leaning against the telegraph pole with all the other Wests(magpies)supporters next to the eastern stand or were you over near the closet WT supporters on the hill ;-) ???
p.s......Geez you have a short memory Yappy! What about the amco cup in 77'??
P.S.S.....why was Covell not kicking goals for WT??? Surely he was'nt picked for his raw speed!

innsaneink

Referee
yappy said:
77 was the year before I knew anything about League.
How the forum going on the Maggies site, Yapp?
Some bloke there reckons hes got 77 amco cup on DVD, wanna try get a copy of it. Even though I was there I remember nothing cept the kick Fairy missed.
Will it be back up soon?