What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maitua's plan to lure SBW to Eels

'' I'm excited for Willie Tonga and Ben Roberts to come over.'' he says of the Eels' 2012 recruits. Maitua is speaking between between a video session and a field run.
'' ... and hopefully i can jag Sonny Bill the year after! ''
That's Sonny Bill Williams, folks. And Reni's not joking. '' We're obviously not as close as we used to be - he lives in New Zealand'', the former Bulldog explains.
'' I've had a couple of conversations with him about where he's at. I don't want to mess with his head. He's playing rugby now. But after next year he's eligible to come back to league, after the Canterbury contract. I throw a few cheeky comments in there (to him), that it would be great to pack down in a scrum again with him in the back row before i retire. '' I'm a bit older than him. I love the kid and i'd love the opportunity to play alongside him again. I'll be doing whatever i can. '' I'll play for free if it means getting him an extra ... whatever in 2013. I'm sure most blokes would, to have him at the club.''
That was a story in Rugby League week

bartman

Immortal
Injury Bill Williams... a man who doesn't keep contracts.

Not excited in the slightest at the prospect of having him at the club in 2013.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't give a shit to be honest. I just want to watch good footy players; if they're good blokes as well then that's a bonus.

If footy players are your kids' role models then you're not raising them right.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Whether it be SBW or someone else, we wil need a top notch second rower for 2013 to replace Hindmarsh, unless someone can step up massively.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Whether it be SBW or someone else, we wil need a top notch second rower for 2013 to replace Hindmarsh, unless someone can step up massively.

We won't need to replace Hindy specifically. Central back-rowers are a dime a dozen, and any number of blokes could step up. It's likely Ben Smith could shift into the middle and allow a better runner to take his spot on the right.

lucablight

First Grade
There's no better player in the game when on song. Would love to have him at the Eels especially after losing Mateo.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
We won't need to replace Hindy specifically. Central back-rowers are a dime a dozen, and any number of blokes could step up. It's likely Ben Smith could shift into the middle and allow a better runner to take his spot on the right.
My bad, what i meant was we need to fill the void left by Hindy with a powerful second rower with someone like SBW or similar. A Ben Teo would be nice :D

Avenger

Immortal
2004 just called it wants it's memories back, by 2013 it will be 9 years on and about 1000 injuries.
SBW was still growing during this time. That is one of the main reasons why he was injury prone. If we jagged SBW it would be the greatest and most anticipated signing in EELS history.

Latest posts