What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly's Season now officially OVER!!

cupid

Juniors
You can't win the premiership every year, but hey whats the need to put the boot in?

caspersparks

Juniors
mark, does your life revolve around waiting for manly to lose so you can make these threads?

i think you have a crush on us...

that said, manly dont deserve to be there.. heartless

Micistm

Bench
Lol, I'm a Warriors man so in no position to hassle anyone! ;-)
But I remember earlier in the year you guys had a little slump and a few fans of other teams were delighted...I was saying then NEVER write off a team that has the players and quality you guys have. And I stand by that now, write off the Eagles at your Peril.

BlueEyes

Juniors
I was at Brookie tonight to watch us get beat by The Rabbitohs and it was an ordinary performance by us. No one seems to mention it but does anyone else think the Wolfman is completely overrated and needs to be axed? He cant hang onto the ball to save his life which I think was the telling turning point in tonights game and he also coughed up in origin at critical times. His defence against the high ball also seems quite lazy. Dunno just dont think he is much good and lets the team down.

No one seems to mention it but does anyone else think the Wolfman is completely overrated and needs to be axed?

lol go have a look through some other threads and you will see plenty of people here who agree with you. He can't really win though can he? Plays well and gets written off, plays bad and gets written off.

caspersparks

Juniors
I was at Brookie tonight to watch us get beat by The Rabbitohs and it was an ordinary performance by us. No one seems to mention it but does anyone else think the Wolfman is completely overrated and needs to be axed? He cant hang onto the ball to save his life which I think was the telling turning point in tonights game and he also coughed up in origin at critical times. His defence against the high ball also seems quite lazy. Dunno just dont think he is much good and lets the team down.

i think BOTH williams are shocking atm, and need to be dropped to lower grades so they can get their confidence/hunger back...

its a shame that our season really falls on the hopes of one player...and we all know who that is...

Terry-Randal

Juniors
i wrote them off last week when they trailed 18 nil at halftime to the tigers. Kyte glen stewert hall are the worst forwards in the comp at the moment. I cant believe how nsw selectors pick some of these . no wonder the blues get killed every year. The team is sick hasler has to get the axe out.

Foran le strange cutherbston must come back in kyte glen stewert hall t rex must be pissed off .

winnyason

Juniors
markie, all i can say is your a girl we people put it on you in PM BOX, bring it on like you mum does:D

grandorient

Bench
Manly will be there when the whips are cracken.

Don't write them off, they will be there come semi final time, and then see what happens. I hope Saints don't meet them in a sudden death final as both teams will lift to another level and could be that stupid referreing decisions and the bounce of the ball could determine the fate of the outcome.

GO

blackandwhite

Juniors
Your back 3 just seem so slow and lazy...Just cause a bloke runs over everyone at junior level because of his size doesn't make him a footballer.
And you need a 5/8 put Cutherbston there at least he can create something, 2 sets in a row close to the line Orford was playing the ball on the fifth tackle .. Isn't he the play maker ?

philing00

Juniors
Do the Manly staff listen to the media about how to improve Manlys play? They obviously dont. All the they have to do is listen to Gus Gould cause he hits the nail on the head on the Sunday Roast. All the Manly backline do is run sideways with Orford and wait for a grubber. They need a satnav to get from the opp 20m to the try line.
Every ones been giving Dessie raps. Yeh, he deserved them last year, but this year there were obvious signs of Manlys flaws from the start and he hasnt addressed them all year. Sure they went on that winnning streak. but a closer look and u could see they were against lesser opposition except for Bulldogs. They were streaky in those games and u can only rely so much on skill.
Many have the most talent in the comp but a team like the Doggies and Titans are ahead of them cause they play to their potential. Are these guys gonna be the next Eels. the coash must take his fair share of the blame.
Manlys try scoring rate in the opp 20 is sh*te cause Ox doesnt take the line on enough and is too predicable. They also need more ppl running stright into holes, inside and outside of Ox, something like a Cliffy-Beaver combo. Choc is great but need more of that hard running from Matai, Lyons, Farrar.
I think the forwards are ok in attack apart from a few more offloads. They always make more metres than the opp team and can march up the field. Their backline is the prob. I dont think Manly lack intensity, they just cant score when they should and their defence is all about big hits. Whats the point of big hits when they let in soft tries thorugh misreads and missed tackles.
Lyons is no 5/8 and Orford needs to change the way he plays and run at the line more and more inside balls. Bring back Foran, Cuthbo, get rid of both Williams', Kite.

Wobbygong

First Grade
The two soft bitches Slappy Watmough and the choker Orford arguing behind the line says it all - wrong time to be folding like the cheap suit that the Eagles are :lol: