What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manu Ma'u Wins 2016 Ken Thornett Medal

Gronk

Staff member
It must be like the encouragement award they used to give out in the U11's for the worst player who always tried hard.

You must be going through so may emotions right now Hiney. You need a hug ?
smiley-gets-a-big-hug.gif

Best advice is to admit you're wrong and move on.

Gronk

Staff member
But well done to all the winners, I'm no fan of IDG but I can't fault his effort of his ticker. He's a tough little merkin, if he has the skill and size of Tony Williams he'd be the best player in the comp.

That's it mate. Well done.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You must be going through so may emotions right now Hiney. You need a hug ?

Best advice is to admit you're wrong and move on.
Wrong about what??? That IDG will be worst starting dummy half in the comp next season??

I've never knocked his effort, but because he wins a coaches award he now all of a sudden played much better this season and at 32 will somehow improve????

M Keating copped it deluxe on here didn't he also win some sort of coaches award??? I know he was constantly praised by Big Face. Didn't make him an any better player either. But you go along with whatever happens at the club no matter what must be right because they know so much more then us I mean that has worked out so well of late.....

Gronk

Staff member
Wrong about what??? That IDG will be worst starting dummy half in the comp next season??

I've never knocked his effort, but because he wins a coaches award he now all of a sudden played much better this season and at 32 will somehow improve????

M Keating copped it deluxe on here didn't he also win some sort of coaches award??? I know he was constantly praised by Big Face. Didn't make him an any better player either. But you go along with whatever happens at the club no matter what must be right because they know so much more then us I mean that has worked out so well of late.....

Stevie

Bench
I'm not really a hugger Gronk, I know that's how they roll out in the Eastern Suburb's but that's not my thing. I'll give you a high five if you like.
Geez, don't be so hard on us I the Eastern Suburbs! Nothing wrong with a man hug!

forward pass

Coach
BA cited his huge effort at both training and in games. Spoke to how driven he is, his nature as a winner and how he lifts the squad to be better week in and out. As fans we might get frustrated with his service from dummy half but he is pretty clearly doing something right on and off the field for us, hence why BA singled him out for the award he solely selects.

Yeah - it surprises me that the club put greater weight on BA's opinion than those of us on an internet forum. Everyone on here knows heaps more about what it takes to build a team or what makes a player than BA.

Last edited:

ash411

Bench
Yeah - i surprises me that the club put greater weight on BA's opinion than those of us on an internet forum. Everyone on here knows heaps more about what it takes to build a team or what makes a player than BA.
well yeah of course, I bet BA hasn't even read half of the RLW issues that are out there...

84 Baby

Referee
Yeah - i surprises me that the club put greater weight on BA's opinion than those of us on an internet forum. Everyone on here knows heaps more about what it takes to build a team or what makes a player than BA.
Are you saying people aren't allowed to reasonably discuss some of BA's decisions?

And by "reasonably discuss", I mean constantly whinge ad-f**king-nauseum until moment where they're "happy to be proven wrong but" until team list Tuesday where they ramp back up again with the whingefest?

84 Baby

Referee
It was pretty legendary. Manu muttered 'f**k' three times under his breath (but quite audibly seeing as it was picked up by the mic) as he tried to compose his impromptu speech and closed it all out by stating that he loved Brad Arthur so much that he would kill or be killed for him.
Na you heard wrong, he said has not would

Gronk

Staff member
It was pretty legendary. Manu muttered 'f**k' three times under his breath (but quite audibly seeing as it was picked up by the mic) as he tried to compose his impromptu speech and closed it all out by stating that he loved Brad Arthur so much that he would kill or be killed for him.

Wendell Sailor always talks about Wayne Bennett and how his players would walk over hot coals for him. Sounds like BA is revered in the same way.

S i suppose we can take from that that Manu will be signing an extension soon, signing an extension for BA is nowhere near having to kill or die for him id think.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Let's hope he has the opinion come contract negotiation time ...