What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Martyn to Score 100 today

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
GoTheBears said:
Pathan clapped at him in a smartarse way, a bit of a sendoff and martyn point it out to the umpire as he was walking off.

I hate Pathan with a passion he is the biggest smartass he has no respect for the batsmen especially Hayden but i suppose they both have a go at eachother.

Disco

Bench
i don't mind Pathan, he has some ticker, plus Lee and Williams are just like him, fastbowlers have to be firebrands

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Martyn indicated to the unmpire that Pathan was mouthing off.

The replays showed that all he did was clap.

Don't think Marto handled that very well.

At least his batting has improved.

Thank god, because it appears he is not going to be dropped.

Doctor

Bench
Martyn played admirably today - his game was just right for the situation. Hayden had the wood over the bowlers and Martyn successfully pushed the ones and indeed plenty of twos, to score at a solid rate.

We had a pre-match predictions sheet, points being awarded for predicting the top run-scorer and best bowler from each team as well as the team scores, winner of the toss/match etc.

I was criticised for selecting Martyn as my top-runscorer, but I don't regret it for a moment now. He played well and it is a real shame that his support innings of 67 will be lost in the power of Hayden and the sheer craziness of Symond's innings - unbelievable.

Meanwhile the Martyn knockers quietly retreat, surviving to fight another day when Martyn gets another low score and they can suddenly raise the issue of Martyn's One Day position.

Such a shame, such a shame - if Martyn didn't perform I would have admitted I was incorrect in my assumption he would return to the runs. But thankfully his form never deserted him, he just kept getting out to lazy or unfortunate shots.

Well done Damien Martyn - never doubted you. :clap:
It's a shame so-called "fans" will continue to bag you.