What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

shiznit

Coach
Couldn’t find a thread for just these shows in general so created one thread...

Just watched the end of season two of Luke Cage. I know a lot of people on here didn’t like season 1... but I thought this season was great.

Started abit f**king slow and they kinda chopped bushmasters legs from under him when he really got going.

But I kinda loved the story around the families and the dynamics at play between characters.

From Mariah and her daughter to Mariah and Bushmaster and Bushmaster and his uncle... to Shades and Comanche...

And to top it off it ended in a really interesting way for the future of all the Marvel Netflix shows...

PJ

First Grade
Might give it a go, but honestly found them more miss than not lately.

I'm one of those that thought Luke Cage season 1 was poor, but better than Iron Fist.

Defenders and Season 2 of Daredevil were crap as well.

Daughter who I normally watch these with turned JJ2 off after 3 eps despite being super excited for it, so I haven't bothered with that.

hrundi99

First Grade
Might give it a go, but honestly found them more miss than not lately.

I'm one of those that thought Luke Cage season 1 was poor, but better than Iron Fist.

Defenders and Season 2 of Daredevil were crap as well.

Daughter who I normally watch these with turned JJ2 off after 3 eps despite being super excited for it, so I haven't bothered with that.

I've enjoyed all of them. Iron Fist was a bit wet but the potential is there.

I'm happy just for these shows to exist, though I thought that about Inhumans and it was quite disappointing.

Haffa

I found season 1 of Luke Cage to be a bit of a drag but I’d watched so many episodes I had to finish it. Some of these need to be a shorter series.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They need to be all about 8-10 episodes long, not enough content to drag it out to 13 episodes.

I loved the Punisher but even it struggled to be padded out to the 13 episodes.

shiznit

Coach
I found season 1 of Luke Cage to be a bit of a drag but I’d watched so many episodes I had to finish it. Some of these need to be a shorter series.
100% hit the nail on the head mate...

That’s my biggest gripe with all of these. They have a story that spans 13 episodes but they probably have about 5 ‘filler’ episodes scattered in amongst them which barely move the story at all.

Netflix ordered 13 episodes because they want more and more content but they dilute the product.

I DO think they need to cross pollinate the characters better and more meaningful.

If I was engineering these shows I’d f**king have a field day with these characters.

Especially after this Luke Cage season... I don’t want to give away too much but I’d love to bring in Wilson Fisk as the main protagonist for the next season...

Valheru

Coach
I though Daredevil season 1 was excellent and season 2 very good in parts.

Jessica Jones season 1 was very good just for being completely different to any other superhero movie/TV show and an excellent bad guy.

Luke Cage season 1 was good in parts (especially the first half of the season) but I thought they killed cotton mouth off way too early.

Iron fist season 1 was quite slow at first but by the end of it I was quite in to it and think it has potential.

Defenders is the big disappointment for me so far, I am still yet to watch the last episode as the stuff before it was just crap.

Haven't watched punisher, JJ season 2 or LC season 2 yet.

shiznit

Coach
The Punisher is my favourite by a long way... just loved it!

Without giving anything away I will say...

LC Season 2 is kinda the opposite of the first season... it starts really slow but then things kinda heat up in the 2nd half...

I think the actual story around the protagonist’s personal history and connection to Mariah and Harlem’s Paradise is great.

The relationship dynamics between the characters too is really interesting... and they go in a few really interesting directions...

Although I still have some issues with it...

I’d say even if your jaded by the previous series... it maybe worth giving this a look...

shiznit

Coach
And a random note... I noticed in the opening credits for the first episode it was directed by Lucy Liu... :joy::joy:

Random as hell... :joy::joy:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Got turned off a bit by The Defenders, thought it had too much off that lameness that The Netflix series have managed to avoid to this point. Will probably give season two of Jessica Jones a shot and go from there.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Jessica Jones season 2 isn’t a patch on the first season, not much of a villain to speak of and too many filler episodes.

shiznit

Coach
Jessica Jones season 2 isn’t a patch on the first season, not much of a villain to speak of and too many filler episodes.
Yeah... the blonde chick just pissed me off... i wanted the nutty monster lady to get her hands on her...

I think villains are probably the most important things with these series... DD s1 had Fisk and JJ s1 had Killgrave and those two series were brilliant.

DD s2, IF & The Defenders had the hand as the main villains in various forms but I never got the feeling there was one strong antagonist until Sigourney Weavers character showed up in the defenders... and even then they killed her off too meekly imo...

LC s1 had Cottonmouth who i thought was great... then they bloody completely ruined it by bringing in Diamondback. Even Mariah wasn’t very good.

I think in season 2 Mariah is much, much better... she’s a nasty piece of work. Bushmaster is great too IMO...

The Punisher is interesting because I don’t know if the villains are that great... the CIA dude along with Billy Russo... I think the character and the narrative probably did the whole thing justice...

Eelementary

Post Whore
The actor who plays Mariah Stokes...her performance is...I don't know...

I don't like it. I don't find it believable.

It bugs me.

Bushmaster, though, was top class. Mustafa Shakir is awesome.

shiznit

Coach
The actor who plays Mariah Stokes...her performance is...I don't know...

I don't like it. I don't find it believable.

It bugs me.

Bushmaster, though, was top class. Mustafa Shakir is awesome.
Really?? I loved her performance... :joy::joy:

Such a nasty bitch... :joy::joy:

I liked Bushmaster... I’ve been walking around calling all my workmates ‘Bred-ren’... :joy::joy:

shiznit

Coach
I found the way Luke Cage ended with him in charge of Harlem’s Paradise and potentially being the next big boss as a great direction for the TV Series to move.

Probably moves away from the comic book a fair bit... but I like the idea that Cage could be a Villian in maybe the next Iron Fist.

Even for Luke Cage season 3... have Wilson Fisk as the antagonist vying against Cage to be the king of NY. Have the Luke Cage character in a Tony Soprano type role where he has his redeeming features but then give him a f**king brutal side... :joy::joy:

Parra Pride

Coach
Luke Cage season 2 was better than the second season of Jessica Jones purely for the villains, Bushmaster was great and wanting to see Mariah finally get hers kept the whole season interesting for me. Daredevil and the Punisher are still a fair bit ahead of all of them for mine though.

I find the guy playing Iron Fist to be incredibly boring, however I really wanted to see that sack of shit Ward cop it which kept me watching that whole season... And then they go and pull some redemption bullshit with him in the last couple of episodes.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Really?? I loved her performance... :joy::joy:

Such a nasty bitch... :joy::joy:

I liked Bushmaster... I’ve been walking around calling all my workmates ‘Bred-ren’... :joy::joy:

She's a monster, but her performance was, imo, comical; at times, she over-acted. At other times, she seemed drunk, or high.

Mustafa Shakir, though, was AAA - he was compelling, charismatic, and terrifying.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I found the way Luke Cage ended with him in charge of Harlem’s Paradise and potentially being the next big boss as a great direction for the TV Series to move.

Probably moves away from the comic book a fair bit... but I like the idea that Cage could be a Villian in maybe the next Iron Fist.

Even for Luke Cage season 3... have Wilson Fisk as the antagonist vying against Cage to be the king of NY. Have the Luke Cage character in a Tony Soprano type role where he has his redeeming features but then give him a f**king brutal side... :joy::joy:

They've already deviated from the source material, anyway - look at Misty...

shiznit

Coach
Luke Cage season 2 was better than the second season of Jessica Jones purely for the villains, Bushmaster was great and wanting to see Mariah finally get hers kept the whole season interesting for me. Daredevil and the Punisher are still a fair bit ahead of all of them for mine though.

I find the guy playing Iron Fist to be incredibly boring, however I really wanted to see that sack of shit Ward cop it which kept me watching that whole season... And then they go and pull some redemption bullshit with him in the last couple of episodes.
I can’t stand Danny Rand... I keep trying to give him a chance because I like the idea of the Iron Fist but boring is 100% the right way to describe him.

The fact they had a Powerman and Iron Fist episode in the series and for me it was nothing more than one of those filler episodes says everything IMO...