What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs Newcastle @ Scully Park, Tamworth / Kamilaroi

Who will win? Round 10: Wests Tigers v Newcastle

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll be blunt here.

On paper and in performance, they are above us. While Newcastle are not playing the "A" game plan due to no Ponga, their "B" game in my opinion is pretty damn underrated. They are playing with a lot of grit and are giving their opponents very little. Their "B" game is stronger than ours at the moment.

I will say this in our favour. Our boys are definitely trying and have tried their rings off all year. I could not say the same thing about our team last year. But, when you have the worst first choice back 5 in the comp and an 18 year old teamed up with our worst signing of recent memory in Bud Sullivan (Im honestly thinking he was Pascoe's farewell present to us), my expectations of a positive result are not high.

Ultimately, the great hope of the side lies in our pack. Sadly, Stefano has had a month long quiet patch and our two highly paid backrowers have shown nowhere near enough in attack to justify their price tag. The Knights backrow (Frizzell, KPP and Elliot) are absolutely superior in performance and are a shitload cheaper as well.

Knights by 13+ if on a dry track.
Blunt indeed!

Tigerm

First Grade
Blocker being positive about the team, not getting invited to a game, must’ve got to him hahahaha

Pezz70

Juniors
Can’t believe how dumb the tigers are, shirt dropout when they’re in front. Kick the friggin ball down field, play the percentages. Every week we seem to think of something dumber to do. Bula having a blinder then does something absolutely ridiculous

Last edited:

simmo05

Bench
Can’t believe how dumb the tigers are, shirt dropout when they’re in front. Kick the friggin ball down field, play the percentages. Every week we seem to think of something dumber to do. Bula having a blinder then does something absolutely ridiculous
A whole team of thick merkins it seems

Tigerm

First Grade
That was a good play by Gagai, pretty hard to defend?
I think if we can come out with the same mindset (not like last week) we can win this.

Tiger Ted

Bench
That was a good play by Gagai, pretty hard to defend?
I think if we can come out with the same mindset (not like last week) we can win this.
Hope ur right but I have zero confidence especially with a 2nd rower playing in the centres

If the Wests Tigers were a movie it would have to be dumb and dumber. Why did Bula strip the ball out? He'd done his job and saved what should have been a certain try. Let them play the ball, he'd already given his team mates a chance to defend. Gets binned and then they compound the error by using the dumbest challenge of all time. I guarantee that will come back to haunt us in the second half.

Naden running towards the sideline after it had been pissing down. You could see that result coming a mile away.

Aside from that we're still somehow in the game. We need to start the second half strong as we weren't making yards in our sets until the game was 15 minutes in. Our defence couldn't bruise a grape.