What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 11 vs Gold Coast @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal

Who will win? Round 11: Gold Coast v Newcastle

• Gold Coast Titans 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold Coast Titans 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
Yes I think the argument is about whether the on-field referee should have been overturned based on the evidence. I think he did drop it, but when it's sent up as a try, I'm not sure you can overturn it without seeing the seperation on camera.

For me the end result is the right one based on my own assessment of what actually happened, but it's about the rules of the game moreso than that.

Apey

Staff member
Yeah one still frame ain't going to do it for me.
Perhaps watch it again then. Under the rules for tries, it's a no try. He didn't ground the ball in any sense of the definition.

Fans are generally morons so I don't particularly care what they think, either.

Rod

Bench
As mentioned, the 'neutrals' also wanted a grandstand finish. Commentators too.

Apey

Staff member
Honestly watching it again multiple times I can't actually fathom how people thought that was the wrong call, lol. He clearly drops it. I think if people watch it again outside the heat of the contest it will become pretty obvious.

I do think they should have got the ball back though because Armstrong clearly rakes at it for me which he is allowed to do so in a try-scoring situation, but that's still Titan's ball.

Armstrong’s support play is a breath of fresh air. Ponga is always positioning himself for the next play, whereas Armstrong is more worried about what is happening at that very moment. It’s a shame it isn’t possible to do both things at once.
If Ponga played with decent halves he'd be a dual Daly M winner and the media calling him "an immortal in waiting".

Need to give the kid a team to win a Premiership with or he'll leave.

The fact so many people are blowing up speaks to the lack of conclusiveness.
speaks to the influence media and it's controversy seeking commentators have over the public.

If they told people a pile of steaming dog turd was a French baguette people would be lining up to buy it.

Knight Tales

Bench
If anyone is complaining or talking down how we got here then you need to really consider if you are capable of being happy in life. We are about to take ten points in five weeks. Incredible. The next three games against Penrith B , Storm and Penrith A. I will take one win and huge efforts in all three. I also think there is big chance KP will be back for Storm and Penrith. Then Obi has a massive headache about Davey to sort.

macavity

Referee
If anyone is complaining or talking down how we got here then you need to really consider if you are capable of being happy in life. We are about to take ten points in five weeks. Incredible. The next three games against Penrith B , Storm and Penrith A. I will take one win and huge efforts in all three. I also think there is big chance KP will be back for Storm and Penrith. Then Obi has a massive headache about Davey to sort.

6. Ponga

He didn't ground the ball in any sense of the definition.
for mine it was a no try before he dropped it

When tackled: 2. A player in possession is tackled: Grounded (a) when he is held by one or more opposing players and the ball or the hand or arm holding the ball comes into contact with the ground.

perverse

Referee
What makes you think KP is going to be back a month earlier than the most optimistic prognosis?

Knight Tales

Bench
What makes you think KP is going to be back a month earlier than the most optimistic prognosis?
Cos I believe he will push for it. 6-8
weeks is enough for his type of injury. However if he had surgery then it will be longer. I have not followed his progress closely other than my experience with this type of injury. It varies person to person.

Latest posts