What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Sharks @ Southern Cross Group Stadium

Who will win? Round 15: Sharks v Wests Tigers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Where did i say anything suggesting Taylor was a bad person?

I said he's quiet. That's evident.

Tiger05

First Grade
Where did i say anything suggesting Taylor was a bad person?

I said he's quiet. That's evident.

The point is that he is a good captain based on his character. I don't even know what this quiet comment means. Compared to who ? Does it matter ?

The point is that he is a good person and would make a good captain.

Clifferd

Coach
We could have JT/Cronk and they wouldn't be able to do anything with our forward pack ffs. Atleast wait until next year tocreserve judgement on Brooks

That being said I thought he was solid last night

Tiger05

First Grade
We could have JT/Cronk and they wouldn't be able to do anything with our forward pack ffs. Atleast wait until next year tocreserve judgement on Brooks

That being said I thought he was solid last night

Is our pack that bad ? I thought the forwards were overall decent. The problem is dumb mistakes and a lack of class. Sue and Lovett make dumb mistakes and no player provides that spark.

I'm not writing Brooks off yet but geez he is a concern. He played decent last night but he was terrible at the start of the game.

We had Woods out but I honestly think that is a positive. I'd drop Woods for the rest of the season. Was Naiqama any worse than our traitorous no 1 as well. I think Kev was better than the merkin has been all season.

We have a pretty ordinary team but we've imploded this season. Some stability in the team from next season which is the result of getting rid of the f**kwit 3 will help. If Brooks doesn't improve he will be gone before his next contract is up.

GNR4LIFE

Juniors
I don't believe this at all. ET is a quality person and I don't think he is the problem. I think we just are a crud team at the moment but that will change. Our stars are dickheads. Brooks has a lot to learn. If he doesn't learn quickly we will have to move him on but I hope that doesn't happen.

Wrong , wrong and wrong again, your a triple threat.
Taylor is too quiet for captain, Brooke's doesn't have too much to learn and he won't be moved on.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The point is that he is a good captain based on his character. I don't even know what this quiet comment means. Compared to who ? Does it matter ?

The point is that he is a good person and would make a good captain.
His character is unquestionably good. But he cops every decision on the chin, even when we've been dudded.

A captain has to speak up. He also needs to get his troops together and tell everyone their jobs and mistakes. Too often our guys are just standing around after conceding a try and not talking.

We need a strong communicator who does talk. Lawrence has shown he is capable and i hope when he returns, he gets the c.

Tiger05

First Grade
I would give Lawrence the captaincy without a doubt. ET to me would be second in line though.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
The again incorrect assumption that ET's maligned nature makes him any less of a leader is so far off the mark it isn't funny. It is far better to have a leader with poise than a loud mouth bombast (see Aaron Woods). Aaron Woods is loud and brash so much so you can rarely take him seriously. ET is the type of leader that leads by example and only opens his mouth when he has something of significance to say. That is the type of leader we need at this club amidst the stability.

He has been so beneficial for the younger Polynesian guys at the club and truly is a great man to have. Even watching his interview after the Sharks game, he looked genuinely pissed off we lost. He looked gutted. Compare this to Woods who after every loss, has a laugh with the opposition and then gives an interview going 'yeah nah the boys were good but thats just footy'. ET went as far to BLAME HIMSELF for the loss. Obviously it was not his fault at all, but a good leader shoulders the responsibility for the team.

Until last night I was not sold on him for captain for 2018 and I wanted Reynolds. Next year I'm happy for ET to captain us if that's what Ivan chooses.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
His character is unquestionably good. But he cops every decision on the chin, even when we've been dudded.

A captain has to speak up. He also needs to get his troops together and tell everyone their jobs and mistakes. Too often our guys are just standing around after conceding a try and not talking.

We need a strong communicator who does talk. Lawrence has shown he is capable and i hope when he returns, he gets the c.
When we got a high tackle last night, ET ran straight to the ref and said 'that's the second time' and was often in the refs ear. Where do you get this assertion that he doesn't speak up? Because he isn't always in the media or giving interviews about how close he is with opposition players?

Last night was his first game as captain and he was often discursive with the referees in a non-abrasive manner. Are you judging his supposed 'silence' on the fact he is quiet towards referees when he is not the captain? Perhaps he should argue with referees and get us penalised. If you watch, ET is often talking to our halves and forwards particularly behind the goals and in attack.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Brooks is a work in progress. He plays well when we have stability. I expect him to come of age in 2018 so I will reserve judgement until next year. However, next year is d-day for him. He will have the ownership of a well assembled team and will probably bare the brunt of all criticism.

Clifferd

Coach
Yep if Brooks doesn't perform next year well I don't think he ever will.

2018 is time to shine baby

Brooks has to improve his kicking game and imo he also has to select when to run and just not run for the sake of it,preferably when the opposition forwards tire and not when they are fresh would be my advice to him.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Cleary was the worst.. im jumping of the bus .. Toovey would have been a far better driver .

How can you possibly blame Cleary for this mess? This is our 4th coach in 5 years, give the man some time to fill the bus.

The bus starts in 2018, this year is a write off. When players like Lovett are the best option then you know its going to be a long year.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Imagine blaming Cleary in any way for this mess... He has done nothing but clean it up. Fixed our edge that leaked like a sieve, blooded countless youngsters, made mid season recruits, unified the club... Macnaz needs to see a shrink.

Tiger05

First Grade
I am a massive Cleary fan so far. I compare him to Taylor. Taylor pissed off Robbie and had us paying a fortune for Robbie to play at Souths. He overpaid the dud 4 and built the team around them whilst letting go of JAC, Taupau and Austin. He coached us to play dud footy for long periods in an attempt to teach us how to win games.

I suppose Taylor tried really hard and had a plan but that plan was something that was unlikely to ever work out.

Cleary to me seems to be building a decent squad and seeing how it develops with the ability to make changes as required.

Shredder

Juniors
Cleary is building depth. Which means he doesnt see this as a short-term gig. Hes looking to be with us for a while, which suits me fine.

Clifferd

Coach
Cleary is the worst? The f**k?

His coaching tenure at the Tigers is to be judged from next year

macnaz

Staff member
How can you possibly blame Cleary for this mess? This is our 4th coach in 5 years, give the man some time to fill the bus.

The bus starts in 2018, this year is a write off. When players like Lovett are the best option then you know its going to be a long year.
No your right .. i was just very frustrated with our results thus far under Cleary. I respect we are scraping the bottom of the barrel in regards to selections but id like to see some creatively in attack to at least try and utilise our strong points. Players like Suli and Marsters are very good in attack but seem to have no structured ball play directed to them , while i see plays directed to Lawrence and useless f**king Lovett who both are incapable of punching through the line.
Yes im still on the bus but in even in 2018 i cant really see any outright class signed up that will take is to the next level , it cant get any worse i suppose.

macnaz

Staff member
Cleary is the worst? The f**k?

His coaching tenure at the Tigers is to be judged from next year
Lol.. it was probably one of my most silliest coments but ive tried to clarify (or lol backtrack from it ) above ^^

Tiger05

First Grade
No your right .. i was just very frustrated with our results thus far under Cleary. I respect we are scraping the bottom of the barrel in regards to selections but id like to see some creatively in attack to at least try and utilise our strong points. Players like Suli and Marsters are very good in attack but seem to have no structured ball play directed to them , while i see plays directed to Lawrence and useless f**king Lovett who both are incapable of punching through the line.
Yes im still on the bus but in even in 2018 i cant really see any outright class signed up that will take is to the next level , it cant get any worse i suppose.

I also think we need some more signings. I see us next year being competitive but needing something more. I want a few guns in the forwards.

Our attack is pretty crap at the moment and you are right in the players like Suli and Masters need to get some space. Suli especially always looks dangerous but has to run it through traffic consistently.

Latest posts