What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs Dragons @ UOW Jubilee Oval

Who will win? Round 16: Dragons v Knights

• St George Illawarra Dragons 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spot On

Coach
Gagais defence is too bad so he's not a centre. His positional play is way to bad for him to be a fullback. He can play wing but 750k is waaay to much for a winger. The blokes a dead set fraud.

Apparently the rep player if the year.

FMD. The continued NSW Origin ineptitude is making careers for some blokes.

Thurston (a true legend) now gets a further folklore tale from our inability to target him.

Gagai has inside blokes create tries for him and he is a rep legend.

Thank Christ origin is only 3 games.

Last edited:

Haffa

Gagais defence is too bad so he's not a centre. His positional play is way to bad for him to be a fullback. He can play wing but 750k is waaay to much for a winger. The blokes a dead set fraud.
Does his cost even matter anymore? He's only got a handful of games left with us. I'd like to see Brown drop him when SKD is fit and look to the future.

Does his cost even matter anymore? He's only got a handful of games left with us. I'd like to see Brown drop him when SKD is fit and look to the future.
His cost is irrelevant now. I don't think Brown will drop him though. Although, I said the same about Hodko.

Zoidberg

First Grade
A few things I noticed from the game
*f**k the things this team puts me through
*we got penalised twice after Dugan lashes out after being tackled
* no sin bin on a prof foul?
* Lamb has a good kick distance but if he is gonna keep going for 40/20s early in tackle count, get your aim on point
* Gagai is a great winger, but shit anywhere else
* love Rossdawg rummaging in the middle in attack
* we should not take the 2 points unless it's in the final 10mins of the game and it makes a difference then

Spot On

Coach
His cost is irrelevant now. I don't think Brown will drop him though. Although, I said the same about Hodko.

I was adamant Hodko had to be dropped the week he was and it was a pleasant surprise Brown showed the balls to do so.

But this is now a joke with Gags. He's been given a hell of a run and upteen pardons for a rep superstar.

It's not good enough and I understand the pizzling and pressure Brown and the club will get from every farkwit in the game and media who have failed to call Gags out at NRL level and will blame everyone else around him BUT it has to happen. People only need watch him play for Newcastle to know

Let him go ASAP. There's a long line of better players banished over the years.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Just catching up. Caught most of the game. You just knew what would happen at half time, so inevitable.

Refs were not kind but we have to get beyond putting it on them. The young blokes dont need an excuse they need to f**king harden up!

Johns Magic

Referee
I was adamant Hodko had to be dropped the week he was and it was a pleasant surprise Brown showed the balls to do so.

But this is now a joke with Gags. He's been given a hell of a run and upteen pardons for a rep superstar.

It's not good enough and I understand the pizzling and pressure Brown and the club will get from every farkwit in the game and media who have failed to call Gags out at NRL level and will blame everyone else around him BUT it has to happen. People only need watch him play for Newcastle to know

Let him go ASAP. There's a long line of better players banished over the years.

Gagai is nowhere near as big an issue as Hodko was. Gagai is still a first-grader for sure. Had a bad game today though in D.

Spot On

Coach
JM

The bloke is a rep star apparently.

It's not good enough.

He has signed on elsewhere. Why keep him in this side???

It is unacceptable to miss the amount of tackles he missed today - especially when you are an elite player.

Not good enough.

If he stays in this side he plays on the wing. Nowhere else.

Otherwise - nick off.

Johns Magic

Referee
JM

The bloke is a rep star apparently.

It's not good enough.

He has signed on elsewhere. Why keep him in this side???

It is unacceptable to miss the amount of tackles he missed today - especially when you are an elite player.

Not good enough.

If he stays in this side he plays on the wing. Nowhere else.

Otherwise - nick off.

I get there is a big difference in the quality of his performances for club vs state. He hasn't been dragging the side down this year though.

I would rather see Meaney given a crack for sure. But I don't think this situation is holding us back like Hodkinson was.

Spot On

Coach
Holding us back?

The highest paid player in the side today - by some way - set a standard unacceptable to any first grade side anywhere.

He'd be banished from rep footy after a similar performance - but of course he wouldn't perform like that in the rep jersey would he?

No. It's deplorable and an unacceptable standard to set for the young and inexperienced boys around him.

FlameThrower

Bench
We have nobody on our team that can get momentum back for us. Josh McCrone did it for us in the first half. We are absolutely horrid as soon as that momentum turns. The other team realises at half time we're barely first grade standard and almost always have players that have another level, or at least can return to their usual level that is much higher than ours. As JM said we're missing a leader but we also have no gamebreakers. We needed another momentum shift and McCrone tried hard but we need someone in our team who can do it.
McCrone tried really hard for you guys...I thought you played well in that 30 minute after our 2 quick early tries...not sure what went on, but it was a game of two halves as they say..

PhilGould

Bench
Scraping the barrel for positives, I think big Jacob had another strong game. Good to see him finding some form again.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
I just watched the 1st half, no way am I watching the 2nd, and I am now adamant we need to keep Ross on the wing. His kick returns and dummy running are invaluable

I don't see him being able to do that effectively from centre, which is where I previously thought he'd be best at

Spot On

Coach
I just watched the 1st half, no way am I watching the 2nd, and I am now adamant we need to keep Ross on the wing. His kick returns and dummy running are invaluable

I don't see him being able to do that effectively from centre, which is where I previously thought he'd be best at

...and yet Gags gets all the cash and plaudits. f**king sickening.

Why is it that Ross continually plays well in this horrible side and receives little media attention yet Gags plays like shit and ex players defend him cause he play in a shit side?

They did it again on Fox BEFORE the game even kicked off today - made excuses for his form at club level blaming it on the cattle around him.

So Ross must be an absolute legend to play well like.... ever.

FFS.

Did any of the commentators or media question Gagai's defence after the game today does anyone know?????

Last edited:

Latest posts