What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs Dragons @ UOW Jubilee Oval

Who will win? Round 16: Dragons v Knights

• St George Illawarra Dragons 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhilGould

Bench
'There were signs of life in the Knights’ performance, in particular three-try hero Nathan Ross and centre Dane Gagai were outstanding.'

They gave him credit at least, though I think his positioning in defence left a lot to be desired.

Swarzey

Bench
Thought both Saifitis did great given the circumstances.

Gagai looked good when we attacked their left edge in the first half. Couldn't knock him there, had some fantastic runs. f**king insane that we didn't attack the same edge through him in the second half. His defence was absolute cancer.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Thought both Saifitis did great given the circumstances.

Gagai looked good when we attacked their left edge in the first half. Couldn't knock him there, had some fantastic runs. f**king insane that we didn't attack the same edge through him in the second half. His defence was absolute cancer.

U need the ball to attack. We lose our shit too often when the momenrum swings. Frizell plays for us today we win.

...and yet Gags gets all the cash and plaudits. f**king sickening.

Why is it that Ross continually plays well in this horrible side and receives little media attention yet Gags plays like shit and ex players defend him cause he play in a shit side?

They did it again on Fox BEFORE the game even kicked off today - made excuses for his form at club level blaming it on the cattle around him.

So Ross must be an absolute legend to play well like.... ever.

FFS.

Did any of the commentators or media question Gagai's defence after the game today does anyone know?????

It's scary to think how good Rossy would actually be playing in a team like the Storm, Roosters etc

Spot On

Coach
'There were signs of life in the Knights’ performance, in particular three-try hero Nathan Ross and centre Dane Gagai were outstanding.'

They gave him credit at least, though I think his positioning in defence left a lot to be desired.

The first 2 tries through him, then gets a ball on the outside of his opposite, runs 30m and.... fails to give Sio the ball and blows a try.

Yet he is outstanding. 18 points gifted to the opposition right there.

It's possible if Dane ever has a 'brilliant' game before season's end with us, you know, where he scores a first half hatrick, that the media will be mentioning him as a future immortal such is the love in atm with this bloke.

macavity

Referee
The first 2 tries through him, then gets a ball on the outside of his opposite, runs 30m and.... fails to give Sio the ball and blows a try.

Yet he is outstanding. 18 points gifted to the opposition right there.

It's possible if Dane ever has a 'brilliant' game before season's end with us, you know, where he scores a first half hatrick, that the media will be mentioning him as a future immortal such is the love in atm with this bloke.

With a few exceptions, journos are dumb and/or lazy. Knights did well? Gagai must have carried them as he is their only good player. / back to sinking schooners

Spot On

Coach
Yep.

Listen to Andrew Voss make a joke about the try he bombed re no pass to Sio, who positioned himself perfectly mind you. No mention of Gags blowing it, just a joke that Sio ran 15m without the ball. Yeah, hilarious. But let's put it down to the poor cattle around him.

No comments about his piss poor defence on their first 2 tries either.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I was at the game yesterday with a mate of mine who is a Dragons fan. At half time he was virtually in tears with how bad they were but I confidently told him not to worry because we would play the Dragons back into it in the second half and they would still win. And... surprise surprise that's exactly what happened! It's hard for me to be angry at this shit anymore because it's just so predictable. We would have to be the worst second half team in the history of the game, and it's not even a recent issue. We've been like this for as long as I can remember, the amount of decent leads we've blown over the years is just criminal, other teams must always feel like they've got a chance no matter how behind on the score board they are.

I've always been on board with Brown and his vision for the club but the jury is definitely still out on his coaching ability and after that second half yesterday there needs to be some serious questions asked of him. I can forgive some of the second halves we've had this year considering we've only had narrow leads in some of them and how young our team is but if Brown can't coach our team to a win with an 18 point advantage then I'm gravely concerned about what the next few years is going to look like with him at the helm.

I'm not jumping on the "sack Brown" bandwagon just yet but there definitely needs to be questions asked and I hope that behind the scenes Gids is having a chat with him about what our short term goals are as a team. If we're not aiming for at least 3 more wins this season then I think that's a joke. The fans have been extremely patient for a long time now and we've endured some of the most embarrassing results in our club's history in the last couple of seasons and they second half yesterday was unacceptable. We need to see some wins to restore the faith.

Also on Gagai, he's a deadset passenger out there in defence. I've been a defender of his for a long time but after seeing some of his efforts yesterday I'd be happy to cut him loose now or send him back to NSW cup for the remainder of the season. He was at fault for at least 2 of those tries scored against us yesterday and you could argue that the first one was his fault as well because he jammed in on the wrong man and left an overlap on his outside.

All up it's an extremely disappointing result considering the position we were at by half time. That being said I'm confident we can beat the Tigers at home this weekend. Come on boys!!!

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Rossy was great in attack and provided more opportunities there then any previous fullback currently, but his FB defense was terrible - Dragons 1st try in 2nd half via grubber kick, he was 20meters away - Slater may have been 20m away but would have been there to TRY and stop the try.

Goal line defense was terrble, zero confidence in players to defend their line, seems to be a huge ;lack of talk from inside men to outside men and from FB to organize D, but we were ALWAYS found short on edges when Dragons spread the ball.

That was a deciding factor for me at halftime, at no point was I excited with lead as I knew if Dragons got possession like they did in first 10mins of 1st half we'd struggle. And that is what happened.

Haffa

With a few exceptions, journos are dumb and/or lazy. Knights did well? Gagai must have carried them as he is their only good player. / back to sinking schooners
You only need to read the main forum here to see that narrative in full swing.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
It's literally only us that see gagais flaws. Souths fans are literally salivating over the thought of him at fullback. It's hilarious.

Scar Tissue

Juniors
Like most other supporters at halftime I thought we would find a way to lose. But in the back of my mind my dumb optimistic side was thinking they might go on with it .We are absolutely leaderless & directionless. Not a football brain amongst all of them, no drive or purpose, every time our opposition spreads it wide we are stuffed , no basic numbering up, no talk, just back off or get caught in no mans land until they inevitably score. No bodies in tackles just grabbing at thin air & getting brushed, Gagai should have a good look in the mirror, his defence was non existent no matter what spin was put on it by his coach and the clueless press. Feeney had the most diabolical game I have ever had the misfortune to witness.What ever players they buy the priority needs to be finding a leader with some brains, drive, authority & mongrel that can push this rabble in the right direction & make the right decisions because at the moment they are half baked, half hearted & half arsed.

perverse

Referee
Yeah, was a real shame Feeney fell in a heap. He's been getting worse week on week. Thought we might be able to see out the season with him.

Hodko might not be dead yet. How's Cogger going?

Caped Crusader

Juniors
If we can't get Watson for next year then we need to make Pythian a half. He has a real footy brain and all the skills

As has been said though, leadership is what is lacking. I love Sione but not sure he provides much as captain