What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs Titans @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 16: Wests Tigers v Titans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger Ted

Bench
FMD it certainly is character building following this lot,mates of mine follow the Storm,each of them nearly cry when their team gets beat,usually i tell them that i feel their pain,knowing i am a WT fan they usually pull themselves together and stop behaving like bitches.At times i feel the NRL has a case to kick us out the comp for impersonating an NRL team which would probably be doing all our long time suffering supporters a favour.
They r such a tormenting team to follow that they've converted me to watching AFL which up until recently I found abhorrent.I laugh when listening to talking sport on 2sm in a rare season when the dogs r struggling & look like missing the 8 & there fans r apoplectic with rage.This from a fan base whose team is regularly in the finals & wins a comp every decade.

Clifferd

Coach
They r such a tormenting team to follow that they've converted me to watching AFL which up until recently I found abhorrent.I laugh when listening to talking sport on 2sm in a rare season when the dogs r struggling & look like missing the 8 & there fans r apoplectic with rage.This from a fan base whose team is regularly in the finals & wins a comp every decade.

Don't fal to the dark side mate but can totally feel your pain

Yeah i cant watch AFL,soccer or union,I've tried but those codes frustrate the sh#t out of me with the fumbling,diving and whistle blowing involved.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
I can't accept much of the criticism of Brooks. As good as McIlwrick has been, neither he or Liddle can organise and direct the forwards. That is a big part of the problem right now.

Once the forwards are organised, structured and making metres will we be able to criticise Brooks for not performing.

This lack of direction does also fall back on the captain.
It's clearly not the fault of a second rower that Brooks throws balls at his head or shoulders. It's not the fault of a prop that Brooks kicks the ball around like it's made of lead. It's obvious that Brooks will improve hugely under a better forward pack, but he has some glaring deficiencies in his game that only he can address.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Part of me is thinking we should offer Benji 2 years at 400k. Bring the club legend home to provide actual leadership on the training paddock. Then have him as a bench utility and cover for Reynolds and Brooks. If we decide Brooks still isnt up to it behind our 2018 forward pack we shift to Benji mid year.
I love this idea. Benji is going so good at the moment it's awesome to see. I had a brain wave at the pub last night that we could play Reynolds at 9 and Benji at 6. It's a pipe dream but it can't be worse than what we have now!

Tiger05

First Grade
I'd love Benji back as well. Bring him back with a view to use him in a coaching or some other role with the club somewhere down the line.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's clearly not the fault of a second rower that Brooks throws balls at his head or shoulders. It's not the fault of a prop that Brooks kicks the ball around like it's made of lead. It's obvious that Brooks will improve hugely under a better forward pack, but he has some glaring deficiencies in his game that only he can address.
Again, they are all pushed plays because the forwards aren't making metres and have zero momentum.

Their play the balls are woefully slow. We have long been the worst team in the wrestle. All of this means Brooks is getting the ball with no momentum. Have a look at how many players are flat footed or walking in our attack when Brooks gets the ball.

Why are all our forwards only keen to run if they are going to get the ball? No decoys. No option runners. Just "give it to brooks and watch what happens"

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Again, they are all pushed plays because the forwards aren't making metres and have zero momentum.

Their play the balls are woefully slow. We have long been the worst team in the wrestle. All of this means Brooks is getting the ball with no momentum. Have a look at how many players are flat footed or walking in our attack when Brooks gets the ball.

Why are all our forwards only keen to run if they are going to get the ball? No decoys. No option runners. Just "give it to brooks and watch what happens"
Did I not just agree with you that our forwards are hopeless? Again, there are aspects of Brooks' game which are completely inept for which he can only blame himself. It is largely to the blame of the pack, but there are enough signs there that make me worry he is a long term option.

Tiger05

First Grade
Brooks poor play has nothing to do with our pack. That is on him and him alone. Our forwards poor play is on them and so on.

We just have a dud team and Brooks fits right in.

I like Brooks and he has a lot of the physical attributes required to be a good NRL player. The problem is at the moment he doesn't have the game management. The forwards going forward won't give him that. A good halfback will still come up with good plays when the pack isn't going well.

I hope he comes good and he deserves some time but it's not as simple as fixing the pack and then he will he Andrew Johns mark 2.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Geez we all hope he improves markedly playing behind the pack IC is assembling for season '18 however I wouldn't b holding my breath waiting ! This overpaid impostor has given us 4 yrs of abject mediocrity & I'll b shocked if he suddenly becomes an intelligent game manager in '18.He clearly doesn't possess the aptitude & hence we can not make the 8 whilst ever this imbecile is our chief playmaker !!!!

Clifferd

Coach
Brooks lack of game management stems from years of an inept team and zero confidence from that. Let's get that straight first

I remember not even that long ago when we beat the Bulldogs Luke Brooks was fantastic with his game management. If only he could play like that consistently (which, once again with a solid forward pack) it should eventuate

He's got it, just needs the right support and confidence.

Tiger05

First Grade
I hope Clifferd is right and Ted isn't. I have my doubts though. Geez I'd love to see Brooks come good. At the moment I think it's unlikely.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Seek help.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Brooks lack of game management stems from years of an inept team and zero confidence from that. Let's get that straight first

I remember not even that long ago when we beat the Bulldogs Luke Brooks was fantastic with his game management. If only he could play like that consistently (which, once again with a solid forward pack) it should eventuate

He's got it, just needs the right support and confidence.
I'd b stoked if the pathetic gump becomes a consistently intelligent game manager but 4 yrs of evidence makes the odds clearly stacked against this happening.

We can't & won't make the 8 with this idiot @ the helm.Im happy to have not 1 but a dozen eggs on my face if this impostor proves me wrong !!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even aerial ping pong looks appealing compared to this disgraceful & disfunctional rabble !
No it doesn't.

It never does.

You're just using the tigers bad seaso to justify being a turncoat. Don't blame WT or Rugby League for your succumbing to your obsession with a shit sport.

Pea hearted wanker.

Das Hassler

Bench
Ive asked various AFL loving friends if they could just show me and if possible explain in simple terms the difference between a good game and a bad game....ive tried hard but there doesnt seem.to be any discernable difference when the commentary suggests there is.

Last edited:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
No it doesn't.

It never does.

You're just using the tigers bad seaso to justify being a turncoat. Don't blame WT or Rugby League for your succumbing to your obsession with a shit sport.

Pea hearted wanker.
tumblr_inline_optw4uxywm1t3m4g4_540.gif

Tiger Ted

Bench
No it doesn't.

It never does.

Pea hearted wanker.
Hey dickhead I'm a member who attends the Homebush & Leichhardt games religiously.

So if one has a stickybeak @ a competitive final Qtr of another sport due to there team being substandard & the result is a formality it makes them a turncoat even though I eagerly attend a majority of the Sydney games.

Btw u soft cock pea hearted is not a trait I ever have or ever will epitomise or condone.Now go back to sticking ur tongue up Brooks's rectum u infantile !