What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Warriors @ Go Media Stadium, Penrose / Aotearoa

Who will win? Round 4: Warriors v Newcastle

• Warriors 13+

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Warriors 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Massive blow with Gagai out. Been our best. Speaking of best, Best hasn't been the best. Need to see a lot more from him. If he's not getting it laid on a silver platter it seems he's just happy to be a battering ram. Still not sold on him personally.

Hate to admit but I'm fully expecting a hiding, especially if we get a couple classic low energy games from the Safs.

Old dog

Juniors
Missing a few, Thompson, Gagai, Marzhew which means a likely loss.
I expect a strong effort from all that will please most but still result in a close loss

Woody90

Juniors
Missing a few, Thompson, Gagai, Marzhew which means a likely loss.
I expect a strong effort from all that will please most but still result in a close loss

Yeah this is all I want too. I’m already resigned to a loss but just want to see a good commitment. I think they will. I don’t think attitude has been a problem this season, just not clicking in attack.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
The only reason I can see why Jones is on the bench is because they see him as a middle option due to Leo being out and DSaf being in the starting side. But it’s definitely concerning that Jones is literally first cab off the rank when literally one of our front rowers isn’t available…

Old dog

Juniors
Think it’s more Hetherington and Croker for middle and Jones covers 11 & 12. I would prefer to see Croker playing wider with Jones in middle, think it’s his better position.
Happy Jones is getting a run, think we have four vying for 18 and they will all alternate between 18 and Cup allowing for no injuries/suspensions

Knight Tales

Juniors
O’Brien selecting Jones is a strange one. But he must not be happy with the contributions of Cartwright etc. Again it shows the Melbourne attitude he has been mentored in. No one is safe. I like it. It is risky but it is a line in the sand.

mozza91

Coach
Not confident but you never know. Warriors found a way to lose their first 2 games maybe they’ll do it again.

Yosh

Coach
Game day gents! Suddenly feeling good about this game. I think we can edge them by 4 points today. Come on lads!!

perverse

Referee
It's hard to see how we don't get towelled up today. I just hope we keep our fists up for the full 80.

Apey

Staff member
Hastings and Pryce out there for NSW Cup. Got the free 14 day trial of NSWRL TV so I can watch it.

Edit: Pryce scored 2 minutes in.

Apey

Staff member
Down 10 - 6 at half time. Not really a lot happening in all honesty.