What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs Parramatta @ CommBank Stadium

Who will win? Round 6: Parramatta v Wests Tigers

• Parramatta Eels 13+

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2022 - Round 6
Parramatta Eels v Wests Tigers
CommBank Stadium, Parramatta (TICKETS)
Monday 18 April 2022

NSW Cup 2pm -- NRL kickoff 4:05pm

PAR2022TEAM.png

1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Viliami Penisini 3. Tom Opacic 4. Marata Niukore 5. Bailey Simonsson 6. Dylan Brown 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Oregon Kaufusi 11. Shaun Lane 12. Isaiah Papali'i 13. Nathan Brown
Interchange: 14. Makahesi Makatoa 15. Ryan Matterson 16. Hayze Perham 17. Mitch Rein 18. Bryce Cartwright 19. Jakob Arthur 20. Wiremu Greig 21. Ky Rodwell 22. Samuel Loizou 23. Elie El Zakhem 24. Zac Cini

WST2022TEAM.png

1. Daine Laurie 2. David Nofoaluma 3. James Roberts 4. Luke Garner 5. Starford To'a 6. Luke Brooks 7. Jackson Hastings 8. James Tamou 9. Jake Simpkin 10. Zane Musgrove 11. Kelma Tuilagi 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Joe Ofahengaue
Interchange: 14. Jock Madden 15. Alex Twal 16. Thomas Mikaele 17. Alex Seyfarth 18. Tyrone Peachey 19. Jacob Liddle 20. Oliver Gildart 21. Ken Maumalo 22. Tukimihia Simpkins 23. Junior Tupou 24. Austin Dias

A-REF-G-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Chris Butler
Sideline Officials: Liam Kennedy, Keiren Irons
Video Referee: Gerard Sutton

- Lower Grades: NSW Cup & Jersey Flegg U21 -
Parramatta v Wests Tigers at Kellyville, Friday - Flegg 2pm
Parramatta v Western Subs at Commbank, Monday - Cup 2:00pm​

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Our attack is starting to come on and our defense has been pretty darn good. Brooksy to score a hat trick himself and set up a couple more and Nofo to lead us from the wing with crushing defense. Big Ken to come up with another trick play to score his 5th try of the night via blistering speed on the flank.

Someone2

Juniors
forget the flares and smoke bombs this week and just bring a white flag out on the field

Maxxn99

Juniors
My Lambs to the slaughter….
1 Laurie
2 Nofoaluma
3 Roberts
4 Toa
5 Junior T or P
6 Madden
7 Hastings
8 Tamou
9 Peachey (c)
10 Ofhengaue
11 Garner R/S
12 Leilua
13 Tuilagi
14 Brooks/ Simpkin
15 Seyfarth
16 Musgrove
17 Simpkins

TheParraboy

Staff member
We have a shit game or five in us every year, plus we have ton of backline injuries

If you turn up with enthusiasm and attitude , can get a win

What troubled us in the recent past v tigers is when one or more of Grant, Marshall and Doueihi were in the field, so play some attacking footy and you will worry us, we have leaked a ton of points this year

Tigers by 10

Maxxn99

Juniors
We have a shit game or five in us every year, plus we have ton of backline injuries

If you turn up with enthusiasm and attitude , can get a win

What troubled us in the recent past v tigers is when one or more of Grant, Marshall and Doueihi were in the field, so play some attacking footy and you will worry us, we have leaked a ton of points this year

Tigers by 10
What the f**k is attacking footy ….haven’t seen any yet from the toothless’

Benchtiger

Juniors
I know NRL players are not generally known for their intelligence and that may seem a little unfair on some players,but this WT team would have to be as a collective the dumbest team in the competition.
Madge is always banging on how hard they are working and learning from their mistakes,yet each week there is little evidence of improvement, this week will be no different.

The intelligent ones at FoxSports are making up stories again, surely?

Team Tips: Jackson Hastings (suspension) returns but it might not be in the halves, with coach Michael Maguire admitting he’s undecided whether to drop young No. 6 Jock Madden. Hastings could play lock or hooker. Daine Laurie (Covid) will return at fullback and likely push Starford To’a to the centres with Luke Garner moving to the bench.

If they announced the above - drop Madden before Brooks and playing Hastings anywhere but 7 where he can take charge, Madge must be dropped immediately.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
After another loss it will be a case of no need to worry it's only week six. Then comes it's only week 7 etc.Then it's only half way through the season. Maybe the board will have a chat after the Grand Final sometime.

Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire has reacted to the club’s 0-5 start to the season by telling new recruit Jackson Hastings he will be running the side.

Whether the Tigers announce Hastings in the halfback role will be revealed at 4pm when the team is announced but what is certain is the Tigers are clearly failing to get results with regular No.7 Luke Brooks.

Maguire has also wielded the axe by dropping co-captain Ken Maumalo, English import centre Oliver Gildart and hooker Jacob Liddle as the Tigers prepare for the Easter Monday round six showdown against the high-flying Eels.

I mentioned last week after seeing the NSW Cup highlights how Simpkin looked good but it was the difference between NSW Cup and NRL. Liddle would look like a world beater in reserves and dare I say it, Brooks might as well. Perhaps they know they can't win 2 games and they are going demote to build confidence for those players rather than promote to improve the team. But perhaps it's Rua who gets a chance at 9.

Last edited:

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I hope its Brooks dropped and Madden gets the chance with Hastings. Brooks has had it and is the past, Madden is potentially part of the future squad. We need to know. Brooks is a known quantity, Madden still tbc.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I hope its Brooks dropped and Madden gets the chance with Hastings. Brooks has had it and is the past, Madden is potentially part of the future squad. We need to know. Brooks is a known quantity, Madden still tbc.
We are going to get flogged by 50 regardless of who plays this week. I reckon keep Brooks for another week so he can wear the flogging and protect Madden for this week then drop Brooks and bring Madden back.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire has reacted to the club’s 0-5 start to the season by telling new recruit Jackson Hastings he will be running the side.

Whether the Tigers announce Hastings in the halfback role will be revealed at 4pm when the team is announced but what is certain is the Tigers are clearly failing to get results with regular No.7 Luke Brooks.

Maguire has also wielded the axe by dropping co-captain Ken Maumalo, English import centre Oliver Gildart and hooker Jacob Liddle as the Tigers prepare for the Easter Monday round six showdown against the high-flying Eels.

I mentioned last week after seeing the NSW Cup highlights how Simpkin looked good but it was the difference between NSW Cup and NRL. Liddle would look like a world beater in reserves and dare I say it, Brooks might as well. Perhaps they know they can't win 2 games and they are going demote to build confidence for those players rather than promote to improve the team. But perhaps it's Rua who gets a chance at 9.

Not much to like lately, but that's a start. I never want to see Maumalo on the field again.