What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs St Geo Illa @ Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Leumeah / Dharawal

Who will win? Round 6: Wests Tigers v St Geo Illa

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons 1-12

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pezz70

Juniors
I am worried about Sloan. He is just the type of shit/flaky player that will score a hat trick and look a million bucks against us while coming up with errors against other teams.

The Kick chase in the first 10 or 15 minutes will tell us if we are going to him him tear us apart
I think we will get done convincingly today. I hope we stick with our latest standards and play well but I think our backs will get bashed ( like in the trials). Api is definitely carrying an injury I think we’ll be lucky if he gets through 60 mins.

I hope Sezer has a good game, he can go a long way to keeping us in it.

Pezz70

Juniors
We are in trouble. That outside defence was horrible. Especially so early in the game. Don’t know if Seyfarth and Sullivan defending next to each other is a good idea

Nutz

Bench
Slow-mo reveals Flannigan was offside and should have been a no-try. Bird not coming back is a bonus.

What a shit house effort in defence. This is back to close to the worst of the last 2 years. Lazy around the ruck, allowing off loads at will, and not numbering up out wide. That 1st try as soon as the game stared was diabolical.

We look pedestrian at best in attack.

The only saving grace is that we're only behind by 10. They're really going to have to lift every single aspect of their game to avoid a flogging, let alone getting back into the contest.

Pezz70

Juniors
Not Bula”s best game, but he wasn’t the only one.
We’ve gone back to last year’s efforts.
He’s gonna be a good player but he is a long way off. Kid won’t have a crack off the bomb, runs across field and passes rather than take the easy 20m

Last edited:
That was easily the worst game of the season so far. Against Canberra you could see how much bigger their forwards were than ours. While the resulting smash up was disappointing it could be explained. Plus Canberra often make the finals and have a decent roster. Saints, like us, have been down the bottom of the ladder for some time. Saints weren't even that good today but they handled us easily. Manhandled would be a better description.

Today we were back to being a reserve grade team. None of our players had even a decent game. Except maybe Tupou. But what's the upside there. He's leaving.

It'll probably be another 20 years until they get a sell at Campbo based on that.

I don't want to comment too much about any progress until the half way mark. Having said that we've gotta remember we haven't played an elite team yet. And by that I mean a team that is likely to be playing week 4 of the finals.

At least Galvin will be back next week.

Latest posts