What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Cowboys @ 1300SMILES Stadium

Who will win? Round 8: Cowboys v Knights

• North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pedge1971

First Grade
Hodkinson has had plenty of chances to show he is capable of steering the team around the park, last year and this year. Dropping him for a week and then giving him the "Now, perform" talk isn't going to transform him.

I think what Brown was trying to do with trying Feeney from the bench, who lets face it wouldn't be getting chased by any other club if he were off contract, is to try him but without committing to him from the outset. See how the team go and if we aren't performing to move Sione from half and try Feeney there.

But come kick off, we were actually competing up until half time and went in leading. Now what does Brown do? We are in this with a chance so he doesn't want to make a big change like swapping the half back, so he subs Levi off and puts him to hooker.

Just a theory. It's not like we had a second hooker to replace Levi with. Brown doesn't have any plan for Randell.

We rattled them with an intercept try and put them off their game momentarily. But we were never going to win that game with our pop gun attack. They were marching 80+ m every set of 6. Left us a fwd down on the bench and all we did was tackle in the 2nd half.

I don't get what he was doing with Feeney who was surprisingly good when he came on. Should have started at half or dont play him at all.

By the way, I thought Sam Stone was good last night. Kid has a future.

Knight76

Juniors
Stone was good. Looking forward to seeing him develop.

I agree Brown should have just started him, I was guessing at why he started him on the bench, then played him at hooker.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Only just got to sit down and watch the game today and I thought it was one of the worst games of footy I've ever seen.

I was pretty stoked that we actually had a lead at half time given we had no ball in the first half. But we shot ourselves in the foot big time in the second half. Some of those mistakes were aweful and some questionable reffing didn't help either.

This one deserves to be chalked up as one that we should have won along with the games against the Warriors, Dogs & Rabbitohs.

We literally don't know how to win, we have absolutely no idea how to close out a game or even apply pressure to the opposition. The frustrating thing as well is that there are little moments of stuff that we do where we show promise but then we tend to do something incredibly dumb straight afterwards.

The Cowboys were terrible in that game and would have lost against any other team but the boys must feel like they've got a reputation to uphold so we somehow managed to play worse.

It's so incredibly frustrating being a Knights fan. There's little signs of a good team in there somewhere but we have no luck whatsoever and we're being constantly screwed over by the rules of this game where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Yosh

Coach
I don't know if it's a positive but we were losing by 30 and 40 last season. At least most games is only a try or two in it.

mozza91

Coach
I don't know if it's a positive but we were losing by 30 and 40 last season. At least most games is only a try or two in it.
It's definitely a positive. There's been some massive improvements defensively. Cut the stupid errors out and we start winning some games.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Someone just posted a replay of the first try the other night on Twitter. I mentioned at the time the play the ball looked suss. It was more than suss. The cowboys player was facing his own goal line, placed the ball at his feet and kicked it forward to the dummy half in front of him facing our goal line.

Should have been our penalty but of course he plays on and Ponga scores.